Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #23
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lars Tetens Cigars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
The new LVHs are a mixed filler bargain smoke made specifically for CI.

The old LVHs were an entirely different cigar, long filler, w/ cameroon capas. Pretty decent cigar actually,

The long-gone LVH Early Years with the broadleaf maduro capas were actually a rather high quality product but CI sold them at such a deep discount it was ridiculous.

Yeah, I hear you. ACIDs aren't for me either. Lot of people like them though - they sell like mad.

I do keep some Tabak Especial negras around, pretty much for the same reason as you did.
I bought a number of boxes of LVH from cigarbid for damn near free. I'd send them to my buddy in North Carolina, because he loved them.
I can't remember what wrappers were on them, one was light, one darker. I was thinking Connie and Cameroon. I don't remember seeing maduros.

The acids are something else. All I can say is that the troops love them, so I gather up what I can. I try not to get them near my nose. I like a flavored cigar from time to time, I really have nothing against them, and if I mouth smoked an acid, maybe it wouldn't be so acrid. I'm guessing that's why kids like them so much? All I can say is EEEeee-yewwww.

Is the Negra the replacement for the Kahlua? I reemember them losing the rights to the name, unless it was another name, and they were going to launch their own replacement.