Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #1
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about
Default How much would you spend on a Travel Humi

Alright guys/gals. I am stuck between a rock and a hard case here. As some of you know, in the past I have made a few travel humidors. I think they kick ass and in terms of protection are well above what is out there on the market currently. I have been contemplating trying to start this back up again but wanted to get a good portion of the communities feedback if possible. Basically I would be making 18ct humis to start with the option of going to 24ct (same case just different inserts) down the road all while trying to develop a custom accessory tray to hold your cutter, lighter or whatever else you may travel with. I chose to start with the 18ct 1st because it allows more versatility within the case holding up to an 8.5" stick where as the 24ct layout will only accommodate up to 6.5" sticks or toro/beli

How much would you spend on a 18-24 travel humi?

I know you can get Cigar Caddies and the things from CI for cheap but like Xikar offers an 18-24ct humi that runs $60-70. Which is about what the sell price of my cases would run if I follow through with this.

What make my cases different?
life time warranty on the case (yes, Xikar offers it too)
foam protection on all sides of the trays
easy latch system and not the knuckle breakers

There are a few of you guys out there who have these cases already and seem to like them. And I know OLS and poriggity have both reviewed them (OLS in the way starter phase and poriggity in the done phase) and it here is OLS1 & OLS2 and poriggity has let his domain name expire so nevermind on that one.

Any way here are a few photos of the what the case and trays look like.
Trays

Case

I am wanting feedback whether good or bad. I am open, I am currently at a point where I can (hopefully) back out and not have to worry or I can press forward and see what happens I just don't want to outright fall on my face here