Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-08-2014, 07:42 AM   #1
Big Perm
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Big Perm is on a distinguished road
Default Diesel Unlimited

$3 stick, part of a sampler pack, I have previously smoked Hair of the Dog and Unholy Cocktail over the years, which are both in the same price point and am big fans of both of them, so high expectations here (as I take a sip out of my Diesel coffee mug)

Smoked at a local hideout, Tap Inn in Grapevine, I usually try to meet my buds there once a month for a Tuesday get-away, so this review is a few days late. Dive-barish, but decent pizza, friendly atmosphere, coupled with a wall of smoke.....enjoyed with a cheap rum and coke, and a water.

Pre-light - solid construction, smells like awesome

1st third - yummy goodness, a little hint of spice, a little smoother than expected, but tasty

2nd third - now we're cooking with gas, more flavor, stronger, exactly what I was expecting

Last third - less harsh than expected, smoked down to the very last bit

Easily worth the $3, I would rate this an 8 or 9 among similarly priced cigars. Seemed to take a few minutes to reach it's stride, but it was a tasty smoke, a little spice, and other cigar goodness. Construction was solid, zero issues during the smoke, held an ash to just short of an inch, never had to re-light, burned even and smooth. It's cheap enough for a golf course/garage smoke, but it smokes well enough to enjoy on it's own, good stuff. Rate a solid 8-plus in the $3 range, right at a 6 at any price.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cigar4.jpg (6.4 KB, 237 views)
Big Perm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
the jiggler
¡taste my pirate paddy!

First Name: Craig
Trading: (24)
the jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura aboutthe jiggler has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Diesel Unlimited

Thanks for the review. I too like the HOTD. I've got an unlimited I've been sitting on for a while and you've inspired me to burn it.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:33 AM   #3
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the review. I haven't had a Diesel yet that I don't like and the Unlimited continues that tradition. I prefer the UHC corona, but the Unlimited is quite good. And like you said, for the price you can't go wrong.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #4
badbriar

Just had one of these tonite at the local pub. Actually a pretty good stick. Really tasty and savory with good flavors. Unfortunately, the good flavors seem to fade at about the 2/3 point. Not a big deal. Worth the smoke for most of the cigar. Good cigar for the $$
RR
Old 02-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #5
Robulous78

I like the unlimited more than the Unholy cocktail, have yet to try a HOTD yet. But don't put too much weight in my opinions, I'm different
Old 02-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #6
Gogi73
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Gogi73 is on a distinguished road

I enjoyed that stick too, really good for its price. I plan to buy a pack of the Diesel Shorty Edition in the future
Gogi73 is offline   Reply With Quote