Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #1
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about
Default Looking for a new lighter

Both of my Cigar lighters have just about crapped out. So I'm in the market for a new toy, My first gut reaction is a Xikar but they have a bunch of models I'm looking for probably a duel flame. My favorite lighter was the Retro Lighter by prometheus... it has been my go to for years, and now is just about dead. Just figured I would put out this question to see what everybody is using..
Old 05-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Looking for a new lighter

Pete (replicant_argent) sells a nice dual flame lighter (www.stogietorch.com) -- I like mine a lot, but it's too nice for me to use as an every-day lighter. My every day lighter is a Blazer PB 207. I have had it for about five years and I love it.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

The only reliable torch I've ever owned is the poor man's preference, the Ronson Jetlite. It's not a dual flame lighter, but for the price you can buy two and tape them together, with cash left over for a can of butane.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

I love the Xikar's and I really liked the dual flame Element, but it went through fuel fast! went back to the single flame Ronson, works great, cheap as hell and last forever on a fill up.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:11 PM   #5
ksknnr
Feeling at Home

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (13)
ksknnr is on a distinguished road

I got a freebie Bugatti Dual Torch with a box of cigars from CI,
I love it, looks like a Zippo, and has a fold out punch on the bottom.
Old 05-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #6
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I have about 10 Xikars. Only Had An Issue With One Over The Last 10 Years. Lifetime, Unconditional Warranty. Enough Said.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 05:46 PM   #7
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksknnr View Post
I got a freebie Bugatti Dual Torch with a box of cigars from CI,
I love it, looks like a Zippo, and has a fold out punch on the bottom.
I got one of those, too. Defective, I guess - it would never let me fill it with butane. But, I love the punch! Turns out, a Zplus insert fits perfectly. Now, I'm happy!
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #8
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about

this is my lighter I have used for years, and its finally starting to crap out. I love it! He will be missed LOL

http://www.lightersdirect.com/Retro....Fr8BoCFCbw_wcB
Old 05-05-2015, 09:01 PM   #9
JoeCool87TC
Relaxing in Paradise...

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JoeCool87TC is on a distinguished road

My best lighter to date is a Porsche Design PD4 Laser Lighter that I got on the devil site for cheap. I've also got two or three various Xikar's, but I like the single torch Porsche the best.
JoeCool87TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #10
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

I don't own one, but know people that have them and really like them, the lighter from Mark's company Palio, I've used them a few times and do like them, some of the features are a lot like the St. Dupont lighters as far as the flame adjustment control and the removable cap to access the refill nozzle / valve. I believe much like their excellent cutters they too have a lifetime warranty.

http://www.neptunecigar.com/pr/palio...C=PriceGrabber

Personally I use one of the knock-off Power lighters, it's been reliable for the last couple of years, I also use the freebie lighter from SoCal last year as my daily lighter.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote