Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-15-2011, 10:18 AM   #21
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice
Default Re: Viaje Zombie

I think it's gonna be fun to actually go to one of these events. I've never been to one before.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #22
srduggins
Feeling at Home

First Name: steve
Trading: (37)
LGC
srduggins will become famous soon enoughsrduggins will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Triple capped at both ends
That way you can cut it in half to get two smokes for the price of one. Saves on the cigar tax that way.

Heard the Zombies were due to the nuclear fall out from the WMD. Sounds too much like the Japan nuclear reactor disaster to suit me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
I think it's gonna be fun to actually go to one of these events. I've never been to one before.
It should be a blast. Have a great time.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 PM   #23
lilwing88

I was pretty disappointed by the S&B WMD. So, I'm not gonna be seeking out one of these. But I will spread the word for those who will....
Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #24
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

It's funny because we were discussing LEs the other night at the lounge and we all agreed that only a handful of guys can pull off selling such small sticks for $10+. I am not seeking this new LE out but if they happen to pop up on the WTS thread at a reasonable price I can not make any promises. It's kind of how I feel about the LEs lately. I was always chasing the latest and greatest from Pete down but sadly they started coming out faster than my cigar budget and storage capacity could handle. Guys pointed out that you don't get to try the LEs before snagging a box but the flip side of that is if they are not your cup of tea after you do get to smoke one, it usually is not too difficult to unload them should you need to as the demand is usually always there so it's not like you will be stuck with them. I do wish that Pete and Andre would cut back on the frequency in which they release LEs simply so the guys who like to seek them out and obtain them don't need to pick and choose which they want because the budget tends to run out before the next one is released. I do wish I jumped on the Black Petite Lancero as I got to try one and I thought it was amazing but after the run of LEs that were released at the time by the time that was coming out my budget was dry. Now I am stuck trying to score some with zero luck. Luckily this is one that is supposed to become a regular release but does go to show that it sucks that we have to now pick and choose just because of the frequency in which these LEs are being released.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #25
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

While I'm a huge fan of Viaje cigars (just not the Exclusivo line)...but enough is enough. $ 10 a stick for these miniature sticks??? Come on man!!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:00 AM   #26
whodeeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
While I'm a huge fan of Viaje cigars (just not the Exclusivo line)...but enough is enough. $ 10 a stick for these miniature sticks??? Come on man!!

Ummmmm mac... 4.5 x 52 isn't exactly miniature to me... that's almost your
ideal size isn't it?

On another note, I wish I could go to the even to meet Arsenio Ramos... that
guy is the Man!
Old 04-16-2011, 10:04 AM   #27
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeeni View Post
Ummmmm mac... 4.5 x 52 isn't exactly miniature to me... that's almost your ideal size isn't it!
Not even close. $ 10.50 for a stick that is ALMOST a robusto???
Old 04-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #28
C1garfan
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
C1garfan is on a distinguished road

From what I understand from the guys in MN these are 4.75 X 52 not 4.5. The shape (double triple caps) is a very difficult shape to roll which is why they are so expensive. The packaging is supposed to be top notch as well. We will have to wait and see.
C1garfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:24 AM   #29
ajacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1garfan View Post
From what I understand from the guys in MN these are 4.75 X 52 not 4.5. The shape (double triple caps) is a very difficult shape to roll which is why they are so expensive. The packaging is supposed to be top notch as well. We will have to wait and see.
The shape may be difficult but I would like to see where it offers some discernible advantage.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:35 AM   #30
C1garfan
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacobs View Post
The shape may be difficult but I would like to see where it offers some discernible advantage.
What is the advantage of Tat Anarchy curly head? Double triple caps have never been done before. I for one am very curious.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:44 AM   #31
ajacobs

Oh, you won't catch me singing the advantages of pig tails either. I am also not knocking this cigar, maybe it is worth 10 bucks a piece but that should be based on flavor not gimmick and I feel the same way about all cigars. I am impressed by quality not novelty and I am not really interested in paying extra for packaging or gimmicks.

I know that may put me in the minority as much about cigars is steeped in tradition, image etc - it is just not something I buy into.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:46 AM   #32
ajacobs

By the way the 5 vegas relic is capped at both ends (although I doubt it is a tripple cap) - I don't care for the 5 vegas line so I haven't tried them.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #33
C1garfan
Just in from the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacobs View Post
By the way the 5 vegas relic is capped at both ends (although I doubt it is a tripple cap) - I don't care for the 5 vegas line so I haven't tried them.
I meant to say the Relic is perfecto shaped, this cigar is reported to be round.

Last edited by C1garfan; 04-16-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Mistake
Old 04-16-2011, 11:50 AM   #34
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

I was just looking at the 5 Vegas relic this morning (got the ci catalog yesterday) and thought about buying a box. But only because I thought the box was cool.
Posted via Mobile Device
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #35
whodeeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
I was just looking at the 5 Vegas relic this morning (got the ci catalog yesterday) and thought about buying a box. But only because I thought the box was cool.
Posted via Mobile Device
Peter you might Call up CI and see if they can find you an
empty 5vegas relic box and save yourself the coin!
Old 04-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #36
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

That ain't a half bad idea! But it was just a fleeting urge. It passed rather quickly.
Posted via Mobile Device
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #37
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
I'm with Mac, It's a perfecto you're losing 1/2 inch on the SoB as soon as you clip the end. It's a 4 1/4 x 52 as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention the first 1/4 - 1/2 of that you smoke is nearly nothing.

Definitely disappointing as far as Price-cigar ratio.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #38
thecatch83

Quote:
I see your point, but what's the difference between paying $10 for a smaller vitola, and paying $20 for the new SI 15 Padron 6 x 60? I will pay 10 bucks all day for a quality smoke regardless of size!

Old 04-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #39
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatch83 View Post
I see your point, but what's the difference between paying $10 for a smaller vitola, and paying $20 for the new SI 15 Padron 6 x 60? I will pay 10 bucks all day for a quality smoke regardless of size!

Because no one would pay the $20 for a 60x6. That and Padrons are way overpriced.

Tatuaje = MASS LE releases
Viaje LATELY = tons of smaller huge RG cigars for too high or a price.

Either way you lose they win. Gotta get off that NC boat and over to the darkside!
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #40
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
Because no one would pay the $20 for a 60x6. That and Padrons are way overpriced.

Tatuaje = MASS LE releases
Viaje LATELY = tons of smaller huge RG cigars for too high or a price.

Either way you lose they win. Gotta get off that NC boat and over to the darkside!
2nd time today, I like the way you think
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote