Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
smll2
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
smll2 is on a distinguished road
Default Chasidor Humidor Makes Good!!!

I posted a negative report about my order with Chuck and the lack of communication regarding the same. Chuck did get back to me and went out of his way and bettered my order to make things right. I recieved my order today and everything is perfect. The shelves and tray look great.

Chuck says he's got problems recieving emails...and doesn't understand why. The email address that has been working for me is chasden@sbcglobal.net.

Just letting the folks know that Chuck took care of this issue.
smll2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #2
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Chasidor Humidor Makes Good!!!

glad to see this
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:06 PM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Good To Know!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Very good to know.
G G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Glad to hear it. I was a satisfied customer of Chasden and am glad nothing bad has befallen him or his family.

I'm sure you will enjoy the work he did for you.

All's well that ends well.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I am glad to hear that. I hope to hear from him soon as well.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

soooooooooooooooooooo happy to hear this and props to you, sir, for letting the community know there was a successful resolution to the issue.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #8
thebayratt
Still Watching My Ash

First Name: Shawn
Trading: (11)
RA
thebayratt will become famous soon enoughthebayratt will become famous soon enough

Glad he took care of you.

If I can ask... What did you order, order number??

Edit Nevermind, i read/saw your thread... I ordered about the same time as you did, just stained drawers & shelves... still waiting.
Hopefully, they will be here around Christmas time unharmed.... they have a spot cleared out for them; under the Christmas tree and in the Vino.

My order is not too far behind yours with stained fronts also....
Did he email you any shipping info when they went out?
Maybe mine will come in next week...

Last edited by thebayratt; 12-10-2010 at 07:41 PM.
thebayratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Made contact with Chuck. He told me that he did not receive any of the E-mails I had sent him. I do believe him on this. When the order was placed we stayed in contact until his new website came up. I figured that was the issue. Chuck is still an upstanding guy.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
boom
Central Cali Cigar Crew

First Name: Troy
Trading: (107)
HdM
boom will become famous soon enoughboom will become famous soon enough

Glad to hear this

Chuck is good people!!!!
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #11
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough

It still took like 5 months for you to get your order... I am unsure how that is good service in my eyes.

I could see a month or maybe 5 or 6 weeks... but I wouldn't be very satisfied with how long it took.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwoodward View Post
It still took like 5 months for you to get your order... I am unsure how that is good service in my eyes.

I could see a month or maybe 5 or 6 weeks... but I wouldn't be very satisfied with how long it took.
Artists - woodworkers, sclupters, painters, etc - that are in high demand usually have very long wait times for people to receive the works that they have commissioned. Honestly, I see Chas's work as the same. He's in very high demand, is doing the best he can to keep up, and it appears when he receives an email he actually responds. I don't hold it against him that technology failed him, in the world we live in it happens to all of us.

There's no reason to make this positive thread into another negative thread about a brother who is busting his tail to provide our community with a service. There has obviously been some confusion and miscommunication because of technical issues, but I don't think that should count against a brother who has obviously made good when he's found out about any problems.

I'm still waiting on my drawers, but I know they'll come. I'm not angry because I know when I get them I'll be very happy and they'll serve me for years to come.

Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #13
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
Artists - woodworkers, sclupters, painters, etc - that are in high demand usually have very long wait times for people to receive the works that they have commissioned. Honestly, I see Chas's work as the same. He's in very high demand, is doing the best he can to keep up, and it appears when he receives an email he actually responds. I don't hold it against him that technology failed him, in the world we live in it happens to all of us.

There's no reason to make this positive thread into another negative thread about a brother who is busting his tail to provide our community with a service. There has obviously been some confusion and miscommunication because of technical issues, but I don't think that should count against a brother who has obviously made good when he's found out about any problems.

I'm still waiting on my drawers, but I know they'll come. I'm not angry because I know when I get them I'll be very happy and they'll serve me for years to come.

Custom work from a respected artisan is usually worth the wait.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #14
Ogre
****CENSORED****

Montecristo

Mine are custom sized and stained. Takes a little longer
Old 12-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #15
shvictor
Instigator

First Name: Steve
Trading: (40)
Partagas
shvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the roughshvictor is a jewel in the rough

Chuck's good people. I would never hesitate to buy anything from him.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:37 PM   #16
Chingas
Death Is Waiting

First Name: Chingas
Trading: (35)
Partagas
Chingas has disabled reputation

Chuck is a great BOTL. Chuck is busy is a complete under statement. My order with Chuck was long but extremely worth it.

If you have time to read this Chuck, thanks again.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #17
KillerCelt
Alliteration is key

First Name: Adam
Trading: (1)
KillerCelt is on a distinguished road

My order from Chuck was outstanding. The level of quality that is seen in his work is well worth the wait. I'm positive I will go to him with any future orders.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #18
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

How about showing them off?
bonjing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #19
joeobx
just playing in the storm

First Name: Joe
Trading: (4)
joeobx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by smll2 View Post
I posted a negative report about my order with Chuck and the lack of communication regarding the same. Chuck did get back to me and went out of his way and bettered my order to make things right. I recieved my order today and everything is perfect. The shelves and tray look great.

Chuck says he's got problems recieving emails...and doesn't understand why. The email address that has been working for me is chasden@sbcglobal.net.

Just letting the folks know that Chuck took care of this issue.
Glad to see this work out.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:47 AM   #20
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

What will the ToE do with this? I mean, not too long ago Coastietech got banned because he didn't send out two samplers, didn't reply mails. He made it right, shipped out the samplers and returned the money but still got banned.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not asking for a ban for Chasden. I just want everybody to be treated the same, and if Chasden can get away with it, Coastietech's ban should be reversed imho.