rebelknight
Feeling at Home

First Name: John
Trading: (1)
rebelknight will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Oh how I hate Ohio State

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Rules, laws, NCAA investigations be damned; whatever it takes to win?
I don't see what the big deal is. I know Charlie Sheen doesn't have a problem with this.
rebelknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:53 PM   #22
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
He and Brian Kelly must be good friends.
All this garbage is helping ol Lloyd Carr's street cred around here. He owned Cooper, but couldn't get the better of the sweater vest. Guess he has pretty good excuse now.

I hope they have to vacate all those wins and give back that crystal football. Heck the president of "The University" should stand at centerfield of the Big House and apologize for tainting the rivalry with this tool. Then they should lose a ton of scholarships for the next decade, AND be banned from Bowl Games.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:03 PM   #23
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
All this garbage is helping ol Lloyd Carr's street cred around here. He owned Cooper, but couldn't get the better of the sweater vest. Guess he has pretty good excuse now.

I hope they have to vacate all those wins and give back that crystal football. Heck the president of "The University" should stand at centerfield of the Big House and apologize for tainting the rivalry with this tool. Then they should lose a ton of scholarships for the next decade, AND be banned from Bowl Games.
In my opinion, the AD and President may not be far behind with walking out the door. When all is done, I predict they will get sanctions at least equal to USC, probably worse. Particularly because not only did the coach know about it (they all do) but they can prove he knew, and he lied about it for an entire season as not to lose them for the season. 50 scholarships and a three year postseason ban (or more) will be likely. They have a timeline of violations already stemming from 2002 forward, so when the investigation is complete, it may be found to be much worse than USC. I just hope that the NCAA doesn't hold Ohio to a higher standard and give them a slap on the wrist (see: Auburn, Cam Newton, Cecil Newton et. al.).
Old 06-01-2011, 10:57 AM   #24
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
In my opinion, the AD and President may not be far behind with walking out the door. When all is done, I predict they will get sanctions at least equal to USC, probably worse. Particularly because not only did the coach know about it (they all do) but they can prove he knew, and he lied about it for an entire season as not to lose them for the season. 50 scholarships and a three year postseason ban (or more) will be likely. They have a timeline of violations already stemming from 2002 forward, so when the investigation is complete, it may be found to be much worse than USC. I just hope that the NCAA doesn't hold Ohio to a higher standard and give them a slap on the wrist (see: Auburn, Cam Newton, Cecil Newton et. al.).
The NCAA has known something stunk at OSU for the better part of a decade and decided to turn a blind eye to it. I hope they pull a 180 and bring down the hammer now.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #25
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Pryor has driven no less than 8 different vehicles since he stepped onto campus. The latest, a 2007 Nissan 370Z. I drove two different cars in college, 1988 and 1990 Buick LeSabre Custom, both cost less than $500. I got screwed, should've went to Ohio State
Old 06-02-2011, 10:44 AM   #26
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Pryor has driven no less than 8 different vehicles since he stepped onto campus. The latest, a 2007 Nissan 370Z. I drove two different cars in college, 1988 and 1990 Buick LeSabre Custom, both cost less than $500. I got screwed, should've went to Ohio State

Old 06-06-2011, 09:18 PM   #27
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

USC just got their title stripped, could be a foreshadowing for Ohio down the road. They lost the title over one player receiving money, now you have an investigation that could implicate more than half of the football team and its head coach. This certainly isn't a good precident if you are an Ohio fan.
Old 06-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #28
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (2)
Partagas
Aero95 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yeah but the 350z is in his moms name so it must be ok I wonder if this kid will ever learn.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:34 AM   #29
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero95 View Post
Yeah but the 350z is in his moms name so it must be ok I wonder if this kid will ever learn.
Yeah and the house USC gave to Reggie Bush was in his dad's name wasn't it?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #30
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

Partagas

Quote:
Yeah and the house USC gave to Reggie Bush was in his dad's name wasn't it?
I'm just glad Pryor never went to Michigan in the end.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:38 PM   #31
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
I'm just glad Pryor never went to Michigan in the end.
Yeah me too. I wonder if he would have held RR's hand during that "You lift me up" crap.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #32
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

Partagas

Quote:
Yeah me too. I wonder if he would have held RR's hand during that "You lift me up" crap.
No kidding.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #33
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Pryor to leave Ohio, what a decision. Nothing like running away from the sanctions and letting the school burn for your indiscretions.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #34
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

Partagas

Yup rumor is that some of the guys told him to get the hell out since its his fault Jim got fired.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:03 PM   #35
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

Partagas

Quote:
Yup rumor is that some of the guys told him to get the hell out since its his fault Jim got fired.
Certainly not his fault entirely, particularly when all is said and done. He seems to have handled it the dumbest of all of them. Its probably better for him, but disappointing how the NCAA allows players and coaches to run from the problems they cause at universities.
Old 06-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #36
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
you mean these kids who have had their **** sucked by one person or another ever since they were 8 years old because they could run fast? are you kidding? no, he's not going to learn and no none of the others are going to either. it doesn't change in the pros either, how many of them have committed criminal acts that go unpunished ranging from taking a gun onto a plane, to murder?

the only way for it to change is for us as fans to stop watching football, which is why i hope this lockout doesn't end

Last edited by loki; 06-07-2011 at 09:14 PM.
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #37
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Certainly not his fault entirely, particularly when all is said and done. He seems to have handled it the dumbest of all of them. Its probably better for him, but disappointing how the NCAA allows players and coaches to run from the problems they cause at universities.
and what do you want the ncaa to do? start making decisions on who plays and who coaches at schools? please
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 09:27 PM   #38
76GTFan
Full Blown Section 8

RA
76GTFan is on a distinguished road

Is this really relavant? Fact is the Big 10 hasn't competed with the best the south has to offer lately. I hate the SEC, but the Big 8 has no shot at the title.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #39
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
and what do you want the ncaa to do? start making decisions on who plays and who coaches at schools? please
I've heard some interesting takes on this. What if the federal government made it a crime (like fraud) for the students to take the money/gift? I mean, they are pretending to be amateur athletes as part of a very large organization, one that can be penalized for their fraudulent actions.

Or better yet, what if they pull an Eliot Ness and go after these players for tax evasion? It might dissuade future recruits from sticking their hand out.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #40
Aero95
Adjusting to the Life

Partagas

Quote:
I've heard some interesting takes on this. What if the federal government made it a crime (like fraud) for the students to take the money/gift? I mean, they are pretending to be amateur athletes as part of a very large organization, one that can be penalized for their fraudulent actions.

Or better yet, what if they pull an Eliot Ness and go after these players for tax evasion? It might dissuade future recruits from sticking their hand out.
Ive been thinking the same thing. Someday you will see a school take a coach or student athlete to court.