Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-10-2016, 08:54 AM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default iPad 2 for someone who can use it

Hello brothers,

As most of you know I lost my only sibling (younger brother) 5 years ago this month. My Mama had been diagnosed with cancer not long before Mike died and she made it to November of 2012 and lost her battle with the cancer.

Her cancer was well advanced when they found it. I wanted to buy her an iPad so that when she didn't feel like or no longer could sit at the computer and stay in touch with family and friends, but I didn't really have the money at the time. I posted a thread here on Cigar Asylum simply asking for help with ideas to get her one, and within 2 hours yall had not only donated money for the iPad but enough for a very nice folding case/stand. It was even bought by a brother and shipped to her and within a few days she had it. She loved that iPad and used it until she died. When se died my dad gave the iPad to me and I used it for a couple years until my wife and I bought two iPad Air 2s for ourselves.

After I bought our Air 2s, I had several times wanted to give it away to someone here, but found it very hard to get rid of anything that had belonged to my Mama. My dad doesn't stay at his house much anymore and told me several years ago to do something with Mama's clothes when I wanted to. He couldn't deal with it and neither could I for a long time. I just in the last 6 month's was able to donate her clothes to a local Church that has a great clothing ministry.

I posted all that because I don't want anyone here to think I was hoarding it. I should have gave it back to this community a long time ago, but it was hard for me to let it go even though it's not being used. Sigsauer just gave me something and somehow it inspired me to try to give the iPad to someone whom I hope can find a use for it.

I hope someone can use it even though it is an older version, and I know Mama would have wanted someone to get some use out of it. It's not necessary but it would be great if it could go to someone's kid that otherwise might not have one.

It's an iPad 2 128 gig with a case/stand. I have the box, but not sure about the charger. It's in really good shape as well. Whoever wants it can have it and again apologies for not doing this sooner. Let me know and I will send it to you.

Thanks and God Bless
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:32 PM   #2
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice
Default Re: iPad 2 for someone who can use it

Greg, that's such a cool thing to do. I lost my parents not long ago and found it hard to let their stuff go. After 3 years I finally did it. It felt so good knowing someone could use it.

Gator Nation would be proud. Peace Brother.
Old 12-10-2016, 05:46 PM   #3
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Greg, if you can't find a better option (which should not be too hard ) I could use a portable wifi-able device. Give plenty of others a chance to give you those better options however, as I have no urgent pressing need.

Nice offer, BTW
Old 12-10-2016, 05:54 PM   #4
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Greg, if you can't find a better option (which should not be too hard ) I could use a portable wifi-able device. Give plenty of others a chance to give you those better options however, as I have no urgent pressing need.

Nice offer, BTW
I forgot to mention that it is wifi only, but will def fit your needs.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:03 PM   #5
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
I forgot to mention that it is wifi only, but will def fit your needs.
I figured, so if you can't find a nicer home in a week or so put my name on the short list. Thanks.
Old 12-10-2016, 06:27 PM   #6
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
I figured, so if you can't find a nicer home in a week or so put my name on the short list. Thanks.
Will do.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:22 PM   #7
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Bump. I was hoping someone knew a kid that could use this. If not Thomas has spoken and I will abide by his wishes to give this another three days or so.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #8
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

Not that I don't want thomas to have it but another option would be the troop auction in the spring.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:34 PM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba View Post
Not that I don't want thomas to have it but another option would be the troop auction in the spring.
You could do that with the Jaybird headphones too.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #10
WhiteMamba
I'm scared of Neil.

First Name: Michael
Trading: (28)
RyJ
WhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura aboutWhiteMamba has a spectacular aura about

I could if I didn't decide to keep them.
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Romans 12:10
WhiteMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:35 PM   #11
Adriftpanda
Peter's Daddy

First Name: Huy
Trading: (74)
Guantanamera
Adriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud ofAdriftpanda has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
You could do that with the Jaybird headphones too.
good play.

Greg, awesome thing that you're doing. Big kudos to you brother. I'm sure there is someone that could use this.
Old 12-13-2016, 08:04 AM   #12
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

My stepdaughter will come to The Netherlands soon to live with my and my wife/her mother and my iPad died recently.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #13
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
My stepdaughter will come to The Netherlands soon to live with my and my wife/her mother and my iPad died recently.
It's an ipad 2 but i updated it to iOS 10 and it seemed to run it well. You okay with that? I will send it. PM me an addy. What is the best way to ship to you from here Ferdie?
Old 12-13-2016, 10:42 AM   #14
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Sounds like the good home you were looking for, Greg. Best of luck with it going forward, Ferdi.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:57 AM   #15
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Okay. I waited to hear from Ferdie and didn't, so i messaged him on facebook and he sent his addy. Gonna ship it to him for his daughter.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:18 PM   #16
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's an ipad 2 but i updated it to iOS 10 and it seemed to run it well. You okay with that? I will send it. PM me an addy. What is the best way to ship to you from here Ferdie?
Thank you so much Greg, you're an amazing botl!

An Ipad 2 is more than enough for a 6 year old that only wants to play simple games and video chat with her cousin in Singapore.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:20 PM   #17
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Okay. I waited to hear from Ferdie and didn't, so i messaged him on facebook and he sent his addy. Gonna ship it to him for his daughter.
Sorry, I haven't been on the board in a few days. Busy updating my own blog, painstakingly downloaded all old pictures, watermarking them, uploading again, adding new categories.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #18
G G
BR549

Bolivar

It's all good Ferdie. I will get it out soon. I am very happy that someone will get it that can use it.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:20 AM   #19
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Greg, you made a little girl very very happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39TX...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-22-2017, 09:06 AM   #20
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Greg, you made a little girl very very happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39TX...ature=youtu.be
Awesome.
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote