Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-08-2010, 01:11 PM   #1
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Trading: (10)
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough
Default I had an awesome post office lady

So I was sending some smokes off to a friend in Iraq, using the flat rate boxes as I'm prone to do. Apparently the prices on flat rate have gone up. So I get there and the boxes I'm using are shipping for $10-something a box. I wasn't in the mood to pay all that much for the delivery right now, so I was going to ship one box today and one after the next paycheck. Well I get up there and this very helpful woman at the counter tells me I can save a lot of cash if I ship with a different box. She gets the one I need and does a lot of little extra stuff. I ended up shipping all my stuff for roughly the price it would have cost me to ship one of the flat rate boxes. I was really blown away by her customer service. Just thought I would share.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: I had an awesome post office lady

My experience has been similar with the PO in my college town. The one up by my parents where I grew up is a different story. You're lucky to even get a "hello" there
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
wavescrashing
Unofficial CA Boli Ho

First Name: Mike
Trading: (19)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
wavescrashing has disabled reputation

It's good to know helpful postal workers exist. The one here on base has been the only one there for the 5 years I've been here. She used to be friendly and helpful, but now it seems that each day is the worst day of her life. Go figure.
wavescrashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

You are typing in you sleep again, because surely this must have been dreaming.

Seriously, good for her, I know there are good workers in the postal system, but most of the time I go in there they are so bogged down and understaffed that even the simplest task becomes an infuriating adventure, with the long line and the people that don't know what insurance is for (seriously?) and want to know what every random stamp they've kept for the last 15 years is worth. It makes my blood pressure spike just thinking about it.

So I'm glad you saved a couple bucks while the rest of us had to wait in line.
JUST KIDDING.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #5
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Great to know there are still some helpful folks around.
G G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:43 PM   #6
icantbejon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jon
Cohiba Army (Active)
icantbejon will become famous soon enoughicantbejon will become famous soon enough

It truly was refreshing. She's a new girl to our PO. The guy that works there is a crabass.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #7
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbejon View Post
It truly was refreshing. She's a new girl to our PO. The guy that works there is a crabass.
Give her some time there...she'll change.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Give her some time there...she'll change.
yeah, when she develops that involuntary facial twitch, LOOK OUT!!!!

Years ago when I first moved into my house I had a letter carrier in my area who liked cigars! I'd be sitting out on the porch smoking away and he'd come up with my mail and we'd chat a bit about cigars, current events, etc. Now I may have three different carriers in any given week.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
Cigargal
Waiting for SoCal XI

Trading: (25)
Partagas
Cigargal will become famous soon enoughCigargal will become famous soon enough

Let's hear it for the Post Office! Go Blue!!

We are located in a small town so it is easy for us to take the time to help people with their packaging and save some money. We even have tape on hand to help wrap em up. We are lucky for that. The bigger offices are stressville.
Cigargal is offline   Reply With Quote