Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Vegas de Santiago Don Luis torpedo

And yet another torpedo by Vegas de Santiago, this time a torpedo from the Don Luis line, Secretos del maestro, 153mm long and ring 50 thick cigar, made from Costa Rican and Nicaraguan filler with an Indonesian binder and the wrapper is Ecuadorian.

When smelling the cigar, I can clearly smell a nice distinct smell of manure. The cigar looks fine, the wrapper is a bit oily and the feel is good, the cigar isn’t too tight or too loose. The predraw is smooth and easy, as with all Vegas de Santiago cigars I tried so far. The first flavor that I can taste is full leather which smoothens and becomes a bit sweet pretty soon and halfway there is some cacao to accompany the smooth leather. The leather fades away and is replaced by a light toast and at 2/3rd of the cigar, the toast is replaced by a fresh mint flavor.

The burn was a little bit crooked, I had to correct it once and the ash was pretty frayed. The smoke wasn’t as full and rich as with the torpedos from the other Vegas de Santiago brands, but this cigar is clearly the fullest bodied one from Vegas de Santiago.

Would I buy this cigar again? Perhaps, if the Vegas de Santiago puros is out of stock
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote