Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 07-30-2010, 03:45 AM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Ambos Mundos Habano robusto

These Ambos Mundos are the budget line of Tatuaje and they are only available as a 5x50 robusto and a 6x50 toro. They are available with two different wrappers, one is a Habano and the other is a Ecuadorian Sumatra. The binder and filler are from Nicaragua. The tobacco used is B and C grade, that means that the tobacco didn't make the cut for regular production due to color differences of because it needed extra fermentation, but it doesn't mean that it's bad tobacco, as it is the same tobacco used for regular production Tatuaje. Now it's no secret that I like Tatuaje a lot, so I looked forward to smoking this cigar. I had a robusto with the Habano wrapper.

The wrapper is dark, shiny and oily with a few veins. The construction feels good and the cigar has a firm barnyard smell. The predraw is fine and has a peppery flavor mixed with dry tobacco.

I taste coffee which is replaced by wood pretty quickly. The wood is a little sweet.

Halfway the flavors get a little nutty, also with the same sweetness.

The smoke time of this cigar is an hour and a half. I got a decent amount of smoke, that starts out thin but gets thicker along the way. The draw is good and I had some issues with the burn. The firm ash is light colored, almost white. The purge is phenomenal, I don't think I have ever seen a bigger flame. I would call this cigar medium bodied and medium flavored.

Would I buy this cigar again? I might, I mean, this is a nice cigar, a bit flat but easy on the palate, no depth but still very enjoyable.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ambos Mundos Habano robusto

Thanks for the review Ferdie. As usual this one it spot on!!
Old 07-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Thanks for the review, this one will end up on the maybe/maybe not list. Many many more to try before this one.
Ogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:31 AM   #4
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

I'm not a fan of it. I smoked one awhile back and thought it was pretty blah. Tat P was better and cheaper.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice review Ferdie!! I haven't tried the habano, but enjoyed the sumatra.