Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Arturo Fuente Sun Grown rosado magnum R56

I love rosado wrappers and I was thrilled when the Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Rosado line came to The Netherlands a few months ago. I reviewed the Magnum R58, the Magnum R54 and the Magnum R52, but I noticed that I hadn't reviewed the Magnum R56 yet, so I went out and bought one. This 5⅝x56 cigar has a 9 euro price tag.

The wrapper has a reddish glow, like all the other rosado cigars I've smoked before. It is also oily, shiny and has a few long but thin veins. The construction feels good and the cigar has a mild barnyard smell. The predraw is fine and I taste spicy raisin with a peppery aftertaste.

I taste a sweet but yet burned coffee flavor with some earth. After half an inch I taste dry wood, mild sweet and some spices in the aftertaste. After two inch the flavors are sweet yet spicy, I taste wood with a mild acidic flavor and a little bit of milk chocolate in the aftertaste

Halfway I taste some wood with a mild acidic aftertaste. The sweetness and the milk chocolate are gone. After two thirds the cigar gets more spicy, I also taste herbs and some pepper.

This cigar has a smoke time of an hour and forty minutes. I got enough smoke, but the smoke was a bit thin. The draw is great, but I had to correct the burn a few times. The light colored ash is firm. This cigar is medium flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? I'll stick to the R52

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 8 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
Old 03-01-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Arturo Fuente Sun Grown rosado magnum R56

Nice review Ferdie....love the sun-grown Rosado....and where ya been?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

I've been in the cold cold Netherlands.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:18 PM   #4
ajacobs

I also prefer the 52. Thanks for the review.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Ferdie...you're a reviewing fool brother!!