Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:02 AM   #661
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2009

I have reversed my opinion concerning #8's Dunlap-se in judgment.

It really was not his fault because he thought he was drinking water......but Tebow had turned it into wine

Old 12-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #662
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

Carlos, the light is green! Drive on!

A sad state of affairs for my beloved Gators. Wouldn't you just love to see Urban say, "so what?" and let him play?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #663
kalivoda87
taking it easy

First Name: Mark
Trading: (0)
Diplomatico
kalivoda87 is on a distinguished road

A little piece of me definitely wants him to play on Sat, the man is a BEAST! But I think we'll be fine without him.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #664
DavenportESQ
Vaya Con Dios

First Name: David
Trading: (15)
ERdM
DavenportESQ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post
Carlos, the light is green! Drive on!

A sad state of affairs for my beloved Gators. Wouldn't you just love to see Urban say, "so what?" and let him play?
No
Old 12-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #665
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Am I too late to say yahoo!! Tigers Win, Tigers WIN!??
Maybe I should have predicted against them fromt he start.

As for the game, I am also psyched. Bama MUST prevail. I can't see how they pull it off,
but they damn sure better. Fun to watch no matter who wins, though, that much is clear.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #666
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I can't see how they pull it off,
but they damn sure better. Fun to watch no matter who wins, though, that much is clear.
I doubt know any Gator fans selling Bama short, I think the game is gonna be extremely close and very possible will come down to special teams in the form of kick returns and field goals
Old 12-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #667
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
I doubt know any Gator fans selling Bama short, I think the game is gonna be extremely close and very possible will come down to special teams in the form of kick returns and field goals
I think you are precisely correct. Classic stalemate that comes down strictly to mistakes and kicking game.
I wish it was on for 7pm, but I guess BCS flexes it's muscles yet again.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:23 AM   #668
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

The day has arisen...
Old 12-05-2009, 03:13 AM   #669
s0leful0ne
Its Huge.

Trading: (22)
RA
s0leful0ne has a spectacular aura abouts0leful0ne has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucubed View Post
The day has arisen...
Might as well call today's game the National Championship Game

As for Dunlap's fate, We can all debate how severe a DUI is, how potentially deadly it could have been, or the fact that he ended up hurting anyone...

The fact is, UF students face an entire semester of suspension from the University if charged with a DUI (minimum). Bending the rules for an athlete (especially where the infraction is a criminal offense) is a bad look for an academic institution. As much as I would like to see him play, and acknowledge his special talents above and beyond the "rest" of us students, showing the country that we are compromising integrity in order to boost an athletic program is a much bigger loss.

What's that smell?...Swamp Ash
Old 12-05-2009, 03:38 AM   #670
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0leful0ne View Post
Might as well call today's game the National Championship Game

As for Dunlap's fate, We can all debate how severe a DUI is, how potentially deadly it could have been, or the fact that he ended up hurting anyone...

The fact is, UF students face an entire semester of suspension from the University if charged with a DUI (minimum). Bending the rules for an athlete (especially where the infraction is a criminal offense) is a bad look for an academic institution. As much as I would like to see him play, and acknowledge his special talents above and beyond the "rest" of us students, showing the country that we are compromising integrity in order to boost an athletic program is a much bigger loss.
Well said.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:13 AM   #671
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Florida Had To Do This & I Applaude Their Decision. Time To Get In On, Gator Fans! BAMA-FL 3P CST CBS! Roll Tide!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:22 AM   #672
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

A game day GO GATORS!!!! Or as my dad always says... Go You Hairy Water Lizards!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:25 AM   #673
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
A game day GO GATORS!!!! Or as my dad always says... Go You Hairy Water Lizards!!!
I'll Have To Remember That One, Brent! Big Crowd Coming To Your Place For The Game?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #674
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
I'll Have To Remember That One, Brent! Big Crowd Coming To Your Place For The Game?
No... I usually don't like to have anyone over for big games like this. I think it came from years of Florida losing them and me showing my arse!!!! I am making a couple of snacks and a post of Brunswick Stew. My parents may stop by for a bowl of stew but that is about it.

How about you?
Old 12-05-2009, 05:36 AM   #675
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
No... I usually don't like to have anyone over for big games like this. I think it came from years of Florida losing them and me showing my arse!!!! I am making a couple of snacks and a post of Brunswick Stew. My parents may stop by for a bowl of stew but that is about it.

How about you?
I'm The Same Way, Brother! Wife Is In Atlanta With The Kids, So I Can Concentrate On The Game By Myself. May The Best Team Win, My Brother!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:49 AM   #676
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Gameday biznachos...let's get it on!

Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #677
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post

I can't wait for this one!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:25 AM   #678
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
I can't wait for this one!!!
Return
Old 12-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #679
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post

Let's Go Get 'em, My BAMA Bro!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:59 PM   #680
OLS
Suck It

RRRRRrrrrroooooooooollll TIDE!!!!!
Cmon Elephants, stomp the gators!
Closed Thread