Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #1
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Anyone had trouble lately with Cigarbid shipping?

Let me preface this post by saying that CI's customer service was great, as it's always been during the rare occasions I've had a problem.

A few weeks back I won auctions on a box of Man o' War Puro Authentico and a box of 20 La Perla Habana Rojo Robusto (fellow bargain hunters - if you haven't tried these, they're damned tasty at a great price point). When the package arrived, they had shipped the Maduros of the MOWs, not the naturals that I'd won. And then the thing that stunned me:

They sent me a box of 18 cigars, clearly marked with a label that says "Partial Box, 18". When I took the box out of the packaging, the end of the cigar box fell off.

I called customer service and they were as always very helpful, not to mention a little shocked at what had been sent to me. There were no more boxes of the Rojos so she asked if four 5-pks was acceptable. I said sure, and she said they'd mail out the non-Maduro MOWs and the Rojos the next day.

Three days later I received a package. I knew right away that something was wrong as the box was too small to contain my MOWs and 20 Rojos. I opened it up, and sure enough, no Rojos. Additionally, they had once again sent me Maduro Puro Authenticos. I double- and triple-checked the invoice, and it clearly stated four 5-pks of Rojos and the natural Puro Authenticos.

So, once again I called customer service. I asked for the same lady I'd dealt with before. She was absolutely stunned. She made her bosses aware of what had been happening and had the proper order shipped out yet again.

I received the box yesterday evening and apparently the third time is the charm. My wife was probably more pissed about the whole thing than I was and said "they should have thrown a free 5-pk of something good in there as an apology for the whole mess."

I don't know what's going on in their warehouse but apparently there are guys just grabbing boxes without taking a look at them and shipping them out. I think I'll be throwing my business at FSS for a while as I've never had a problem with them.

So, to the thread title: has anyone else been experiencing anything similar lately?