Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 09-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #221
ninjavanish
Feeling at Home

Trading: (16)
Bolivar
ninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the roughninjavanish is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Offcial SEC Football Thread 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Why, are the Tide cheerleaders gonna be "extra" friendly?
Have you been doing your 100 situps/pushups every night?
ninjavanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:49 PM   #222
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Did anybody just see USC's Maddox jump that Auburn defender?!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:51 PM   #223
ucubed
Corona Cigars

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (15)
ucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the roughucubed is a jewel in the rough

Thompson still has some greasy hands, but at least Burton is just too good to be stopped!
ucubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #224
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

This game is killing me. Gamecocks have zero excuses on this one. They are absolutely blowing this game.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:02 PM   #225
Powers

Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
This game is killing me. Gamecocks have zero excuses on this one. They are absolutely blowing this game.
Looks like a Stephen Garcia special. I'll always love Spurrier but I didn't think it was wise when he replaced Garcia with the rookie (as the INT proved). If you wanna solve the problem of Garcia's fumbles tell him not to run! Putting a game on the road in the SEC in the hands of a freshmen QB ain't smart
Old 09-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #226
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjavanish View Post
Have you been doing your 100 situps/pushups every night?
Just 50 pushups, with an Alabama female cheerleader underneath me.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #227
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Aha...what a weekend. Toledo beat Purdue, lol. Gotta love that. The Tide was looking like OLS knew
what he was talking about, and then the Razorbacks fell apart in the end. Or I should say the Tide
tightened up. Nickie Saban is the king of halftime adjustments. Everyone is trouncing the UGA Bulldogs,
and last year that would have bothered me, but this year it does not. Mountaineers lose one game
this year so far, and thank goodness it's to my LSU TIGERS. Memphis has never lost to UTEP, but
did this weekend, but from all accounts, it was 'progress'.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #228
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Bama. Florida.

Lets get it on.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:10 PM   #229
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Anybody coming to T-town for the game? I have all week to set Gator traps.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:12 PM   #230
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzle View Post
Bama. Florida.

Lets get it on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSmokey View Post
Anybody coming to T-town for the game? I have all week to set Gator traps.
Just don't think you guys are going to get much smack from the Gator fans this week. We have a chance... but I sure wouldn't be betting the mortgage money on this one!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #231
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
Just don't think you guys are going to get much smack from the Gator fans this week. We have a chance... but I sure wouldn't be betting the mortgage money on this one!!!
Agreed.

Plus ya'll better hold ur horses, I haven't put the game in the "notables matchups" for this week yet
Old 09-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #232
Pass
Puff, Puff...

First Name: Max
Trading: (8)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Pass is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Neither would I! Frankly, we were the major obstacle for Bama this year in the SEC... and we saw how that went. If anyone is going to take them down it will likely be Auburn. Not b/c they are that good - they aren't - but b/c of the rivalry. Of course, Bama has home advantage for that game too. They'll be playing LSU at the swamp so that should help LSU a bit... but I don't think that it'll be enough.

Granted... We exposed several of the weaknesses in Bama's D and some in the offense (what few there are). So perhaps the Gators coaching staff has watched and re-watched that footage and made some adjustments. Otherwise, and don't take this the wrong way, you guys are hosed. If Bama can come to my house, with 76,000+ fans rattling their eye balls and make a comeback, I don't think too many teams out there stand a prayer in Tuscaloosa.

Of course, I won't be too horribly upset if Bama looses to any two of the remaining challenges (LSU, Auburn, Florida) and Arkansas manages to win out . Frankly, though, I just don't see that happening. This is probably one of the best damned teams that college football has seen in about a decade or so. Plenty of depth and a roster chock full of some serious talent.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:48 PM   #233
Powers

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post
Neither would I! Frankly, we were the major obstacle for Bama this year in the SEC... and we saw how that went. If anyone is going to take them down it will likely be Auburn. Not b/c they are that good - they aren't - but b/c of the rivalry. Of course, Bama has home advantage for that game too. They'll be playing LSU at the swamp so that should help LSU a bit... but I don't think that it'll be enough.

Granted... We exposed several of the weaknesses in Bama's D and some in the offense (what few there are). So perhaps the Gators coaching staff has watched and re-watched that footage and made some adjustments. Otherwise, and don't take this the wrong way, you guys are hosed. If Bama can come to my house, with 76,000+ fans rattling their eye balls and make a comeback, I don't think too many teams out there stand a prayer in Tuscaloosa.

Of course, I won't be too horribly upset if Bama looses to any two of the remaining challenges (LSU, Auburn, Florida) and Arkansas manages to win out . Frankly, though, I just don't see that happening. This is probably one of the best damned teams that college football has seen in about a decade or so. Plenty of depth and a roster chock full of some serious talent.
Your sentiments are preciously what I hope everyone is believing (including Bama players) and telling the Gators. A team always plays better with an us against the world mentality, especially one with such talent and prestige as Florida. Your last two sentences could have been taken out of a column foretelling the outcome of the Ohio State v Florida game in '06, and look how that turned out

PS - The Gators play in the Swamp, LSU plays in Death Valley
Old 09-27-2010, 03:33 PM   #234
Pass
Puff, Puff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFPowersmoker320 View Post
Your sentiments are preciously what I hope everyone is believing (including Bama players) and telling the Gators. A team always plays better with an us against the world mentality, especially one with such talent and prestige as Florida. Your last two sentences could have been taken out of a column foretelling the outcome of the Ohio State v Florida game in '06, and look how that turned out

Bama aint Ohio State lol. Florida may be rich in talent... But they haven't exactly been world beaters this season. They've played well in 1 game so far... and even then it wasn't the kind of showing that is needed against Bama. You guys are going to have to BRING IT!

I know... LSU may call it "Death Valley"... but that place is a freakin' swamp.

It's actually kind of odd. I'm sure that I've mentioned before that I'm a Bama fan (when they aren't playing Arkansas - then I hate them for the week). This normally hasn't been a conflict of interest for me for the past decade or so -- thanks in large part to Hootie Dale... But this year is different. I actually find myself at odds. I want teams that I don't typically like (FL, AU) to beat a team that I do. (Sorry, I'll NEVER bring myself to root for LSU). B/C that raises the chances for Arkansas to get into the SECCG if we win out.

...this is going to be a tough year on me.

PS: if you're wondering... I REFUSE to call LSU's home "Death Valley." Why? B/c I hate them and that would be a sign of respect.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:00 AM   #235
Rocketmann

Bama got past a major hurdle beating the Hogs and that was Mallet. No other QB the tide faces this year (in the SEC) can do to them what Mallet did. Looking forward, what are Bama's defensive challenges:

Gators- Stopping the run/short passing game
South Carolina- Stopping the run/hit or miss passing game
LSU- nothing really, Jordan Jokerson and "LESS Miles" will do what they always do, suck!

and that leaves Auburn. nobody ever knows what will happen there.

All I can say is that while Bama's young defense has some holes in it, they are still pretty good. So to beat the tide, your going to have to out score them. I'm not saying they will go undefeated again this year or that they will win or even go to the NC, but I like their chances better than I do anyone elses.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:54 AM   #236
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
We have a chance... but I sure wouldn't be betting the mortgage money on this one!!!
As much as I value our friendship, I think that's a bit of a stretch.
Even Tebow couldn't put a dent in that juggernaut last year. And now you guys have lost
key players, had injuries and otherwise given UF fans a good scare. BUT, because math
is black and white, I agree, you have a chance, lol. And in the SEC you can never say
never. But at home, the Tide coming off that stunning romp in Arkansas, I don't see it.
But this year, I do not have this built in anti-FL harangue planned. What happens in the
east is not my problem til the Tigers head for Atlanta.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #237
DavenportESQ
Vaya Con Dios

First Name: David
Trading: (15)
ERdM
DavenportESQ has disabled reputation

Quote:
Looks like a Stephen Garcia special. I'll always love Spurrier but I didn't think it was wise when he replaced Garcia with the rookie (as the INT proved). If you wanna solve the problem of Garcia's fumbles tell him not to run! Putting a game on the road in the SEC in the hands of a freshmen QB ain't smart
That interception was not his fault. If the WR comes down with that catch like he should have Spurrier is a genius....
Old 09-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #238
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavenportESQ View Post
That interception was not his fault. If the WR comes down with that catch like he should have Spurrier is a genius....
That was a rough game to watch. Hopefully, my Gamecocks get their act together.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:47 AM   #239
Pass
Puff, Puff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
As much as I value our friendship, I think that's a bit of a stretch.
Even Tebow couldn't put a dent in that juggernaut last year. And now you guys have lost
key players, had injuries and otherwise given UF fans a good scare. BUT, because math
is black and white, I agree, you have a chance, lol. And in the SEC you can never say
never. But at home, the Tide coming off that stunning romp in Arkansas, I don't see it.
But this year, I do not have this built in anti-FL harangue planned. What happens in the
east is not my problem til the Tigers head for Atlanta.
I wouldn't call it a stunning romp. I would call it barely escaping... As for LSU... See ya on Nov 28th.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #240
rizzle
Order Restored

Trading: (23)
Bolivar
rizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the roughrizzle is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pass View Post

Good analysis, Pass. Exactly what many of us have been saying--our D is young, not necessarily inexperienced, but young. And until they grow up they're going to give up their share of missed/blown assignments, missed tackles, and bad angles that when you go up against a good team is going to hurt. And Arky hurt us early much the same way Auburn did last year. What this team has, that I don't see any others possessing, is an evenness of attitude that when things aren't going exactly as planned, they don't panic. They do what they do. And ss a long time Bama fan, it's beautiful thing. You know what we're going to do---now stop us.

In my opinion, and I'm not a big smack talker, Florida is gonna have some tough sledding Saturday. Not to say they can't beat us, because that ain't the case. But personally, I don't think the oddsmakers are close on this one. And I think Urban's ego might have something to do with that.

Quote:

Mikey,
I hardly think Florida has an us against the world mentality, nor do they need one. Florida is the nouveau riche golden child. Bit of trivia for ya...when is the last time Florida came into a game as an underdog?

I do, however, think Florida has this game circled for the wrong reasons. And that starts at the top.
rizzle is offline   Reply With Quote