Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2016, 05:59 AM   #141
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Second Firearm Thread...

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  24.6 KB

Nudge Nudge GG
Old 02-28-2016, 06:43 AM   #142
WaxingMoon
Humidor Builder

First Name: Ed
Trading: (3)
Army (Served With Honor)
WaxingMoon will become famous soon enoughWaxingMoon will become famous soon enough

Old 02-28-2016, 08:52 AM   #143
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Attachment 16632

Nudge Nudge GG
What is it? 9mm? what kind of holster is that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxingMoon View Post

Looking good Ed!!!!
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:24 PM   #144
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I was able to look at a compact M&P .40 today and although I really like it, I think the extra width will be contra-indicated for the way I want to carry it.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:42 PM   #145
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

It's my 9mm shield, holster is an RDR (rounds down range) IWB
Old 02-29-2016, 04:44 PM   #146
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by G G View Post
I was able to look at a compact M&P .40 today and although I really like it, I think the extra width will be contra-indicated for the way I want to carry it.
Ya, the compact would defeat the purpose!
Old 02-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #147
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  11.9 KB

And a flat dark earth for the .45
Old 02-29-2016, 08:21 PM   #148
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
It's my 9mm shield, holster is an RDR (rounds down range) IWB
Very nice. I will check out the RDRs.
Quote:
Ya, the compact would defeat the purpose!
Yeah, I really liked the way it feels in my hand but it's just too wide.
Quote:
Attachment 16636

And a flat dark earth for the .45
Nice.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:39 AM   #149
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

mike got me a RDR holster for my 38 and its be great. i carry that gun 75% of the time just because of the holster.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:50 AM   #150
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of

I have a couple of them, use them frequently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
mike got me a RDR holster for my 38 and its be great. i carry that gun 75% of the time just because of the holster.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:34 AM   #151
G G
BR549

Bolivar

I was a member of floridaconcealedcarry.com when I bought my 1911 and was in need of a holster. Everyday on that forum there were folks singing praises about a holster from pantherconcealment.com. They are located in Jacksonville, Fl. They don't have a storefront and they work out of their home. They sell on the internet and a few stores in Jacksonville. I kept looking at different holsters and kept seeing the daily praises on the forum. They were giving a 10% discount to forums members as both of them are members there. I emailed them and asked a few questions. I ordered an IWB from them and I carry that 1911 full size 1911 daily with perfect comfort. Anyone that is needing a great holster at a great price and unbeatable customer service wouldn't go wrong by buying from them. I have nothing to do with their company, just wanted to put it out there for those who might need a very good holster.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #152
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

My friend Mark showed me this place that does custom cerakote. http://blowndeadline.net

Guy does some unbelievable work. Not cheap, but pretty cool if you have the cash.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:15 AM   #153
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Well I thank you all for your help and advice. I just ordered the M&P Shield in .40S&W a few minutes ago. I ordered the pistol with two extra 6 round mags to go with it. I had almost decided on the 9mm but a friend at work told me he can get ammo for a .40 (he is buying one soon) for free through a mutual friend, so I figured why not as I was leaning back toward the .40 anyway. Will let yall know what I think once I get it and fire it.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #154
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

[IMG][/IMG]

Picked the one on the left up today. They sure make a cute couple.
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 02:57 PM   #155
Bax
C A P S...CAPS CAPS CAPS!

First Name: Tim
Trading: (70)
Partagas
Bax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the roughBax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk3- View Post
[img][/img]

picked the one on the left up today. They sure make a cute couple.
purdy!!!!
Old 03-03-2016, 04:57 PM   #156
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Well I thank you all for your help and advice. I just ordered the M&P Shield in .40S&W a few minutes ago. I ordered the pistol with two extra 6 round mags to go with it. I had almost decided on the 9mm but a friend at work told me he can get ammo for a .40 (he is buying one soon) for free through a mutual friend, so I figured why not as I was leaning back toward the .40 anyway. Will let yall know what I think once I get it and fire it.
Congrats!
Old 03-03-2016, 04:58 PM   #157
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

Picked the one on the left up today. They sure make a cute couple.
Sweet
Old 03-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #158
Brian D.
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brian
Trading: (1)
Brian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of lightBrian D. is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You know that expression about keeping friends close, and enemies closer? Keep that free ammo friend closest of all!
Old 03-05-2016, 07:44 PM   #159
mhailey
Splitter of Hairs

First Name: Matt
Trading: (21)
mhailey has a spectacular aura aboutmhailey has a spectacular aura aboutmhailey has a spectacular aura about

My first AR. I'm looking forward to taking this out to the range.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:39 AM   #160
G G
BR549

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
You know that expression about keeping friends close, and enemies closer? Keep that free ammo friend closest of all!
Yessir, I plan to. LOL

I picked up a Desantis Superfly for the Shield when it gets here. Anyone have any experience with it? I had a cheap Don Hume leather pocket holster for the Beretta Tomcat. But the superfly seems to be a lot better.

Here is a link for the superfly on youtube:
https://youtu.be/bX808F5KyUI

I intend to carry the shield in a cargo pocket mostly.