Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 06-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough
Default groin strain

Has anyone else had experience with groin pain? Been having pain in my lower abdomen, side of my groin, and in another certain area. Went to the walk in health clinic today since doctors arent open and the lady said she didnt find a hernia but possibly strained some muscles.

For those of you that have had similar issues what did you do for comfort? Rest, advil, ice? How long did it take to feel better?
Old 06-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: groin strain

Yes, rest, Advil, and ice. If not a hernia, lower back strains can cause groin pain. So the lower back feels ok, but it causing groin pain.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #3
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Try and get some rest and i hope you feel better brother.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
hscmit
Have My Own Room

First Name: James
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
hscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura abouthscmit has a spectacular aura about

sucks

take it easy and if that doesnt work go to the doctor
hscmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
Sled Dog
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Tim
Trading: (0)
Sled Dog is on a distinguished road

Suffered through a groin strain pitching back in the college days. Ice, rest, advil, and stretching.
Sled Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #6
justonemorestick
Kat Krap Kontanment Media

First Name: Warren
Trading: (13)
justonemorestick is on a distinguished road

Wrap it in a six pack and rest. Leave the bedroom gymnastics to the professionals for a couple of days.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #7
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

I've pulled my groin playing basketball. It was instant pain like a knife being stabbed into my upper-inner thigh. Sometimes after it would feel fine, but if I moved my leg toward the outside, it would fee like I was re-injuring it. All you can do with a pull like mine is rest it. It took a good month to six weeks to go away. Ever since that I take extra time to stretch that area before I play.

Not sure about the kinda sore type groin issues. My dad had something like that. 3 trips and they didn't find the hernia until the 4th try. Nothing but time seems to help.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
BlindedByScience
Proud USMC Dad

First Name: Tom
BlindedByScience will become famous soon enough

....you know, I read that title three times and would have sworn it said "Groin Stain" and though...."....oh boy, this will be good....."

Seriously, I've pulled the muscles in my groin while lifting something at a weird angle. I should have known better. Take a nice warm bath and get some Advil in your system.

Good luck - N.F.H.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:21 AM   #9
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

I have had both a groin strain and a hernia. They both kinda feel the same. The groin strain was something that I could feel while walking around and the hernia only with certain activities. It did take them about 3 tries to find the hernia so just because one didn't doesn't mean you don't have one. If the rest, ice and advil don't help in a week or so, I would certainly get checked out again.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 AM   #10
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the advice guys, it feels a little better but definitely still feels annoying. Will probably get it looked at next week if its still bugging me.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:35 AM   #11
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
I have had both a groin strain and a hernia. They both kinda feel the same. The groin strain was something that I could feel while walking around and the hernia only with certain activities. It did take them about 3 tries to find the hernia so just because one didn't doesn't mean you don't have one. If the rest, ice and advil don't help in a week or so, I would certainly get checked out again.

Did you have to have surgery?
Old 06-21-2011, 06:55 PM   #12
Loon
Just in from the Storm

First Name: x
Bolivar Army (Active)
Loon will become famous soon enoughLoon will become famous soon enough

Just stop jerkin' off. You should be fine.
Loon is offline   Reply With Quote