Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 11-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #21
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Too nice to smoke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsCigarLover View Post
I bought an unused Don Carlos pipe from a BOTL and still haven't used it... it sits in it's pretty little bag in it's box on my bookshelf...
Hi Lorraine, I think that the thing for me is that I'm hesitant to put a flame to something so beautiful, but I know this is irrational, because that's what they're for. You see, I'm still a noob and I don't want my inexperience to cause me ruin it.

Last edited by Subvet642; 11-05-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #22
Martel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
...You see, I'm still a noob and I don't want my inexperience to cause me ruin it

Don't worry, there's not much you can do to screw it up. Smoke slowly and don't overheat it, appropriate rest between bowls, and you'll be fine.

Oh, and don't let a dog play with them. Years ago I had a Siberian Husky that decided a Savinelli made for a nice chew toy. I was not pleased.

Cheers,
G
Old 11-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #23
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martel View Post
[/i]

Don't worry, there's not much you can do to screw it up. Smoke slowly and don't overheat it, appropriate rest between bowls, and you'll be fine.

Oh, and don't let a dog play with them. Years ago I had a Siberian Husky that decided a Savinelli made for a nice chew toy. I was not pleased.

Cheers,
G
I'm getting over it, but I still have to fight the urge to give it a thorough cleaning with alchohol between each bowl.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #24
FunkyD

So you just sit there and look at it?

Or do you play with it like in the mirror and pretend to be saying something really witty to a charming young woman as you hold your pipe ever so gently in your hand?
Old 03-30-2011, 02:22 AM   #25
alfredo_buscatti
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
alfredo_buscatti is on a distinguished road

You can avoid rim char by only packing the pipe within a 1/4" from the top, along with pitting of the inner rim.
alfredo_buscatti is offline   Reply With Quote