Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 09-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
shibby4781
Snozzberry Taster

First Name: Keith
Trading: (3)
shibby4781 is on a distinguished road
Default The Genova

Does anyone have this humidor? I stumbled upon it while trying to find something with drawers for better organization. This looks really cool and the price is really good too ($148). Or if anyone has suggestions on a decent size desk top with drawers that would be great. I would love to invest in a cabinet but at this point the wife would not be having that. Any insite would be helpful. Thanks.

http://www.cigarhumidors-online.com/...ovaenlarge.htm
Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Genova

Thats a nice looking desktop humi
equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I Like This One Better For The Money. Much More Dependable Humi, IMO.
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_large...HUM-400FL.html
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
shibby4781
Snozzberry Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
I Like This One Better For The Money. Much More Dependable Humi, IMO.
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_large...HUM-400FL.html
Wow! That one is really nice for the money with a much larger capacity! The only thing I'm not sure of is if it will solve my organizational issue. With that one it seems like I will still be having to dig through a mound of sticks it see what I have. That is why I was searching for one with drawers. If I'm wrong please let me know. It is a really nice unit! So are ones with drawers less reliable? Should I be looking for one that has multiple trays instead?
Old 09-06-2012, 04:47 AM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibby4781 View Post
Wow! That one is really nice for the money with a much larger capacity! The only thing I'm not sure of is if it will solve my organizational issue. With that one it seems like I will still be having to dig through a mound of sticks it see what I have. That is why I was searching for one with drawers. If I'm wrong please let me know. It is a really nice unit! So are ones with drawers less reliable? Should I be looking for one that has multiple trays instead?
If It Were Me, I Would Get Ed (WaxingMoon) on the forum here, To Build me A Custom One. A Little More Money, But A Lifetime, Quality Humidor.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=57910
Old 09-06-2012, 04:52 AM   #6
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

I've Had Several Humis Like The One You're Looking At & Most Of Them Don't Hold Humidity & Break At The Hinges. That's The Reason I Had Ed Build Me A Custom One To My Specifications & I Love It!
Old 09-06-2012, 05:01 AM   #7
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Keith: Here's One More Site For Humis From A Reputable Company. I've Heard Good Things About The Savoy Humis. Good Luck & Let Us Know What You Decide On!

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/sahumaexla.html
Old 09-06-2012, 08:51 AM   #8
shibby4781
Snozzberry Taster

Thanks for the the info Greg! I was looking at Ed's work yesterday and it is in the running. I know its more money but you are right the artisanal quality is something you cant put a price on. I'll keep you all posted.