Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-10-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
INT
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (0)
INT will become famous soon enough
Default Tierra Del Sol by Perdomo

Tierra del Sol by Perdomo. This is another budget bundle by Perdomo in the mold of their Slow Aged Lot 826. They are boxed pressed for a rectangular shape vs. the traditional round. A pack of 20 goes for about $45. They are mild in body.

These need to marinate in the humidor for at least 5 days before enjoying. I lit one up as soon as the bundle arrived and it was quite harsh. I almost threw it out. My second one I had was 5 days later and every one I've had since has been slightly better than the last. They need some time. The aroma is pure cocoa. Very nice smell. The flavors are a little more bland and are of smooth tobacco and slight cocoa, with a heavy charcoal like tone over it all.

I would rate these as just OK. They aren't bad, but not anywhere near Perdomo's other pieces. The Lot 826's are a considerable notch above in my opinion, for the same price. But I'm glad I sampled
Old 10-11-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Tierra Del Sol by Perdomo

I've tried most sizes of these in both natural and maduro. For me there is a huge difference between different blends and sizes. Never had a natural in any size that made me want another. Found them all to be pretty bad. The maddie on the other hand range from smokeable (torp) to the corona. The Tierra del Sol corona maduro is really a pretty good cigar regardless of cost. Taking cost into account, these, at sub $2 per, are very impressive. They occassionally get a little bitter in the final inch and a half or so, but until then, they are wonderful for a morning smoke. Slightly chocolate/mocha, little or no pepper; some natural sweetness - mild/med with quite a bit of flavor.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tierra Del Sol by Perdomo

These are not my cup of tea at all.