Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #81
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Re: SOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_jaygee View Post
Rules Of Cigar Asylum: 3. Off-Limit Topics,asking or hinting for other people to send you cigars (mooching).

to hell with this bro if you need some cigars ask me for some.... (i call it sharing)

dont care if you posted it or not. (i dont think you did IMO) you need them i have them they are yours bro.
Rulz are in place for a reason and I agree with said rule. If I felt this was a mooch thread posted by him, I'd walked. I honestly believe his wife posted it and while some felt it was a bit crass, I see her heart as being in the right place. Regardless of what people think, it is not for us to worry. I truly enjoy doing things like this. As it's said, it's more joyous to give than to receive.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #82
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Rulz are in place for a reason and I agree with said rule. If I felt this was a mooch thread posted by him, I'd walked. I honestly believe his wife posted it and while some felt it was a bit crass, I see her heart as being in the right place. Regardless of what people think, it is not for us to worry. I truly enjoy doing things like this. As it's said, it's more joyous to give than to receive.
ok maybe i worded that all wrong and should not of used a direct quote from that signature line....

i agree... i felt (and still feel) it was not a mooch post so i got involved. i agree with the better to send then to receive.
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:04 AM   #83
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_jaygee View Post
ok maybe i worded that all wrong and should not of used a direct quote from that signature line....

i agree... i felt (and still feel) it was not a mooch post so i got involved. i agree with the better to send then to receive.
I know Brian. He would NOT, EVER, even entertain such a thought as mooching. I'm certain that he's mortified by all this attention. He didn't even let on to me how bad he was hurtin', so smack him around with impunity...I'm having him over to herf at 10:00 this morning, he's toast.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #84
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
I know Brian. He would NOT, EVER, even entertain such a thought as mooching. I'm certain that he's mortified by all this attention. He didn't even let on to me how bad he was hurtin', so smack him around with impunity...I'm having him over to herf at 10:00 this morning, he's toast.
I agree with this. My brother is the one guy i would never think would do this by on his own. I know his wife she is the crazy one

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
cjhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:15 AM   #85
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

9500 1000 1670 3089 0001 40

Old 03-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #86
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

So it is written...So let it be done!!!

DC 9405 5036 9930 0374 0442 89
Old 03-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #87
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
So it is written...So let it be done!!!

DC 9405 5036 9930 0374 0442 89
Oh this is gonna be good!
Old 03-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #88
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

When the dust settles we expect a damages thread so we can all at you.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #89
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
When the dust settles we expect a damages thread so we can all at you.
What's the point of that? So you can pat each other on the back?

If you are giving in the true spirit of giving, send your package and be satisfied in knowing that you did a good deed and helped someone out.

The "look what I/we did" is not what it's all about.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #90
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Because I want to see the hilarity that ensues. I don't care about pats on the back. I don't care if the packages are identified by name. I want to see what was sent as a whole.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #91
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Right.
Because this is all about you.

To me, it's not hilarious. Some guys helping a brother out when he's down. So you get off on the volume of sticks he'll receive. I get it. But I see a different purpose.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #92
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

I enjoy helping him out when he's down but that doesn't mean it can't also be amusing as well.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #93
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
But I see a different purpose.
What purpose is that, Peter?
This?:
Quote:
What's the point of that? So you can pat each other on the back?
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:44 AM   #94
pnoon
YNWA

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalbrooks View Post
what purpose is that, peter?
vvvvvvvv

Quote:
if you are giving in the true spirit of giving, send your package and be satisfied in knowing that you did a good deed and helped someone out.
Quote:
some guys helping a brother out when he's down.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #95
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

SP CoastGuard (Active)

Sorry, I meant the purpose in a "I got bombed" thread, not overall gifting Cigars.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #96
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
I enjoy helping him out when he's down but that doesn't mean it can't also be amusing as well.
No one's arms are being twisted, this is just a bunch of BOTLs having some fun with another BOTL and helping him out at the same time.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #97
pnoon
YNWA

RA

One last attempt to make my point and then I'm done.

Pressuring a recipient to post pictures of this gesture or any other bomb is not in the true spirit of giving. Sure it's nice to see a public thank you. But any acknowledgement would suffice. Many give the impression that posting "carnage" is expected.

If you want to humbly accept your gifts and quietly PM a sincere thank you to those that helped you out, that is all that is needed. If you want to post pictures publicly, go for it. But don't feel pressured or obligated to do so.

I think in this case the majority of people who want to see the damage are those that participated. The rest of the asylum know that you will be getting a butt load of cigars from those that posted.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:55 AM   #98
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

SP CoastGuard (Active)

I got ya Peter
Old 03-30-2013, 11:56 AM   #99
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Sorry Peter. My intention was not to pressure him.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #100
DMK
S.O.B.

First Name: Darryl
Trading: (86)
Partagas
DMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really niceDMK is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
NO. NO NO NO NO NO. She said she made her own account and she was asking about infused sticks! What the ****! I kindly request that everyone just ignore this thread. We're doing just fine . I'm literally speechless... She's like Judas!
SKIRT !!