Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 AM   #61
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: iPad 3 (The new iPad)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
You and I talked about these a few months ago, and we both agreed that the new iPad and iPhone were going to be significant upgrades to their predecessors. Congrats, brother!

By chance will you be investing in the case that I pointed out to you?
You're gonna have to point out that case again. Welcome to my memory!!!
Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #62
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the ipad2/ipad3 comparison page.
http://www.apple.com/ipad/compare/
It appears from the wording that the FaceTime camera is the same?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:39 AM   #63
aich75013
Feeling at Home

First Name: Adrian
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
aich75013 will become famous soon enough

I kind of like the bamboo cases from Grovemade.
Seems like it would protect fairly well too.
aich75013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #64
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I've had this otterbox defender on my iPad for a couple years now, Adrian. It's impossible to tell it from new and the iPad looks like it was made yesterday.
The big plus is that the back snaps off and covers the screen. Whenever I travel or pack it in a bag, that keeps the screen from getting squished. Even when it's getting tossed around in my laptop bag or suitcase, or packed in the back of the car.
This thing has taken a huge number of scary hits, even dropped face down a number of times and the kids have stomped on it. It's an amazing case.
It's bulky, but that makes it easy for me to handle.
I have the defender on my iPhone, too. I can't even hold it without a case, it slides right out of my hand while I'm talking on it.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 AM   #65
aich75013
Feeling at Home

Montecristo

Scott,
I agree with you on the Defender cases. I have one on each of our 2 iPads.
When I was at the airport, somehow they both fell out of my backpack onto the hard floor. They both survived without a scratch. They have taken a few other falls too. I don't have one on my iPhone because it would be too bulky to fit in my pocket, but with two kids, the iPads never leave their Otterbox case. The new Otterbox case does look a little better built than the previous iPad 2 case.
In fact, I'm pretty sure you're the one who sold me on the Otterbox cases.

I just like the look of the bamboo case.

Last edited by aich75013; 03-08-2012 at 08:09 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #66
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ir13 View Post
Its the same shitty front camera, new rear camera.

At least thats what i read on the blogs.
If you read it on the blogs, it has to be true.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #67
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation

I've used by the Targus Versavu 360 and the Deft Detour cases on the iPad 2. Loved them both! I'll be using the Deft on the new iPad
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #68
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

It's personal preference obviously but that to me defeats the purpose of buying something like the Otterbox. I've always used the Wrapsol or Zagg skin cases on my iPads and the thickest case I've every had on a iPhone is the Switcheasy Nude (my current iPhone "case" is the Wrapsol film system). They don't offer much if any drop protection, but they do prevent scratches and I can't stand buying a thin sleek device then doubling (or more) it's size with a big clunky case.

Caveat emperor: I don't have kids and am very careful with my devices so physical damage is generally not a issue for me.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #69
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I'm just the opposite, Geoff. Kids out the wazoo of all ages (BIG family) plus my phone works with me. My pockets are regularly full of sawdust, dirt, concrete, you name it.
I didn't buy the iphone because it was sleek, not at all. I bought it for it's functionality.
I have a carpenter's calculator on there, keep all my drawings and prints on it, you name it. It gets filthy regularly and I have to clean it often.
It's held up to anything I throw at it, up to and including dropping it dozens of times and stabbing it with a razor knife (by mistake, obviously).
You and I are representative of both ends of the spectrum.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #70
Boz
In Vino Veritas

First Name: William
Trading: (18)
HUpmann
Boz has a spectacular aura aboutBoz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
It's personal preference obviously but that to me defeats the purpose of buying something like the Otterbox. I've always used the Wrapsol or Zagg skin cases on my iPads and the thickest case I've every had on a iPhone is the Switcheasy Nude (my current iPhone "case" is the Wrapsol film system). They don't offer much if any drop protection, but they do prevent scratches and I can't stand buying a thin sleek device then doubling (or more) it's size with a big clunky case.

Caveat emperor: I don't have kids and am very careful with my devices so physical damage is generally not a issue for me.
Ah there we go. 2 year olds like to throw things My otterbox defender has saved my iphone more than a few times.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:16 PM   #71
aich75013
Feeling at Home

Montecristo

Just pre-ordered a white 64GB for my wife. She wants a pink case for it. Ugh.
I also pre-ordered a 32GB for my dad since I get a very slight discount.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #72
McSmokey
Feeling at Home

First Name: Justin
Trading: (30)
LGC
McSmokey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
Ah there we go. 2 year olds like to throw things My otterbox defender has saved my iphone more than a few times.
The whole purpose for an otterbox. Mine sees more carnage at home than at work and I'm in Construction.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #73
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I didn't buy the iphone because it was sleek, not at all. I bought it for it's functionality.
We bought the phone for exactly the same reasons then . However since it is thin and sleek I don't feel the need fo change it with big bulky cases. I tried the Apple bumper for a little bit and found it ruined the hand feel. Like I said, I don't have to worry about pint sized humans damaging my devices and I work in an office so I don't need the same level of device protection as some of you guys.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #74
LigaPrivadaT84

Got 2 on the way!!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:23 AM   #75
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
We bought the phone for exactly the same reasons then . However since it is thin and sleek I don't feel the need fo change it with big bulky cases. I tried the Apple bumper for a little bit and found it ruined the hand feel. Like I said, I don't have to worry about pint sized humans damaging my devices and I work in an office so I don't need the same level of device protection as some of you guys.
Weeze just switched from the otterbox to a skinny case. She got tired with the big and clunky, too.
I don't have any choice, really. I used her phone yesterday and could barely hang onto it. My hands are awful with carpal tunnel and I won't take the time to get them fixed. It's coming soon, though.
She just got new no-fingerprint screen covers and actually managed to put one on without a bunch of fuzz and bubbles under it. I was wholly impressed.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #76
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

The pre-order ipads shipped today, by the way. Straight from Chengdu, China.
They're due on the 16th.
Don't forget to pre-sign a UPS form that you can print at Apple so they'll leave it if you won't be around.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:33 AM   #77
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

I ordered one for my Wife. Her first gen iPad will get handed down to my mom who is very excited about it.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #78
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

My 1st gen ipad is going to my father-in-law who's equally excited. He's an entertainer and wants to use it for Guitartabb, it's an app that scrolls the lyrics and tabs while you're playing guitar.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #79
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

Cuaba

Got my shipping notification this afternoon, both new iPads will be delivered this Friday
Old 03-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #80
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

I have my ticket to pick up a 64GB Black in an hour

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote