Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default I created a quiz on GoToQuiz.com. Check it out

It is a 15 question political quiz. I know politics are a bit of a taboo, but trust me it is not malicious or slanted in any way. I just wanted a few people to try it out and let me know what you think.

Here's the link

http://www.gotoquiz.com/are_you_cons...or_libertarian

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by 357; 12-28-2009 at 12:58 PM.
357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: I created a quiz on GoToQuiz.com. Check it out

Thanks for the link. I just found out what I already knew
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Apparently I'm a Libertarian...?
Old 12-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash View Post
That's what it said for me too, M.J.....

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
timo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (0)
timo will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics
timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #6
Will herf for food

VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
That's what it said for me too, M.J.....
That was kinda the point. While I am conservative, I believe most Americans are actually Libertarians and they just don't know it. The libertarians are primarily conservative economically (small government), but socially liberal (keep government out of personal affairs). I'm conservative, but I lean libertarian in some areas.

In my opinion there are some flaws with the Libertarian Party platforms, but I believe the majority of Americans agree with most of them.

Thanks for taking the quiz. If you wouldn't mind, please also post what you considered yourself before the quiz, and what the quiz said you were.

Last edited by 357; 12-28-2009 at 01:51 PM.
357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #7
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

I guess this also shows how most of us dont fit into the preconcieved notions of what "conservative, liberal or libertarian" are.
I mean, I generally think of myself as a liberal, but I do have conservative tendencies. Course, I'd vote Republican before I voted Libertarian...
Old 12-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Found too many of the questions worded to extremes and therefore could not answer them. On the other hand, I already knew I was a centrist/libertarian. Used to love listening to Jesse Ventura when ha was the Gov., man just had good common sense approach to life.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
If you wouldn't mind, please also post what you considered yourself before the quiz, and what the quiz said you were.
I was a conservative before taking the quiz and the quiz said I was a conservative
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
Will herf for food

VR

I forgot to mention, any other opinions on my quiz would be appreciated. Like I said I know politics can be dicey so I'm not trying to start a debate. I just want to have a good quiz that people believe is valid.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
I guess this also shows how most of us dont fit into the preconcieved notions of what "conservative, liberal or libertarian" are.
I mean, I generally think of myself as a liberal, but I do have conservative tendencies. Course, I'd vote Republican before I voted Libertarian...
Perception vs reality is kinda what I was aiming for. Also, I understand that sentiment of not wanting to vote for the Libertarian Party. I guess the idea isn't as much about which party you like best, but which one most closely matches your ideals. I agree that the Libertatian Party is flawed. However, identifying oneself as libertarian doesn't necessarily mean you are a party member.

I believe the Republican Party should be conservative but they aren't always. When they fall off the conservative wagon it embarrasses me to call myself a Republican.

Anway...I hope that makes some sense.

Thanks for the response!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
rack04
Lebowski Urban Achiever

First Name: Justin
Trading: (20)
HUpmann
rack04 will become famous soon enoughrack04 will become famous soon enough

Are you conservative, liberal, or libertarian?
Your Result: Conservative

You are Conservative and should probably be voting Republican. You believe in low use-based taxes, free market solutions, free speech is guaranteed by the right to bear arms, and that the pursuit of happiness requires first that you have the right to life. You are socially and economically conservative.
Result Breakdown:
88% Conservative
53% Libertarian
9% Liberal
Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz
Old 12-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

It says I'm a Liberatarian, and I'm more conservative than liberal.
Means nothing to me. I don't even know what conservative or liberal means. Literally.
Don't care, either. And I haven't missed a poll since I was 18.
Plus the results spelled marriage wrong, so I immediately dismissed anything it said wholesale.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
It says I'm a Liberatarian, and I'm more conservative than liberal.
Means nothing to me. I don't even know what conservative or liberal means. Literally.
Don't care, either. And I haven't missed a poll since I was 18.
Plus the results spelled marriage wrong, so I immediately dismissed anything it said wholesale.
Sorry, I got in a hurry and didn't use spell check. Thanks for posting your results.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Sorry, I got in a hurry and didn't use spell check. Thanks for posting your results.
Sorry, Mike.
I wasn't jerking your spelling, I was just pointing out my lack of political affliction (no, I didn't mean affiliation). I meant no disrespect whatsoever, and now that I look at what I wrote, you probably don't know me well enough to know I didn't mean any disrespect. I hope you'll forgive me.
I just love people. There were tough questions on there. The answers didn't necessarily cover my convictions, so I just kinda picked something.
It came back way off base, I think. At least the answers in the margin on the left pre-supposed things about me that were absolutely 100% incorrect.
And I really honestly don't know the difference between a liberal and a conservative. I've spent a lot of years making sure I don't find out, on purpose. Not sure why.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #16
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Neal Boortz has a very similar quiz.

I dig me some Nealz, but Libertarians never seem to run a candidate I can truly support e.g. Ron Paul.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #17
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ditto...but I already know I was...at age 63 I just want the government out of my face...I'm tired of them trying to legislate my life and whether I can smoke a damn cigar, play poker online, or feed the ducks in my own backyard...
Old 12-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #18
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation

If accurate, confirmed what I knew. Seems I am a Conservative.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #19
Will herf for food

VR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Sorry, Mike.
I wasn't jerking your spelling, I was just pointing out my lack of political affliction (no, I didn't mean affiliation). I meant no disrespect whatsoever, and now that I look at what I wrote, you probably don't know me well enough to know I didn't mean any disrespect. I hope you'll forgive me.
I just love people. There were tough questions on there. The answers didn't necessarily cover my convictions, so I just kinda picked something.
It came back way off base, I think. At least the answers in the margin on the left pre-supposed things about me that were absolutely 100% incorrect.
And I really honestly don't know the difference between a liberal and a conservative. I've spent a lot of years making sure I don't find out, on purpose. Not sure why.
No offense taken and no apology needed. I didn't want you guys to think I linked some lame quiz I found. In fact I just created it myself and typed poorly. I started off copy and pasting stuff into Word to run spell check but I ran out of time. I know the questions didn't offer a ton of options, or even all available answers. It is just for fun and I wanted to make people think about it a little. I also know not everyone is into politics. I appreciate you guys giving it a whirl.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #20
JE3146
Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
I was a conservative before taking the quiz and the quiz said I was a conservative

Socially liberal my a$$...
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote