Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Troops Room

Old 12-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (7)
ERdM
The Professor has disabled reputation
Default Any Mattoon/Charleston IL Troops?

I was at the local shop the other day and one of the fellas mentioned that a bunch of local troops were recently deployed to Camp Phoenix. Any of you folks here on the Asylum? Any Asylum folks know of some recent arrivals from Mattoon/Charleston, IL?
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
TFphoenix33

Default Re: Any Mattoon/Charleston IL Troops?

As I am not from Mattoon/ Charleston I live in Champaign and have just been put in charge of our cigar lounge called the Tiki Lounge. I am at Camp Phoenix and know several of the soldiers in the Mattoon/Charleston area. Let me know if you are looking for anyone spicifically.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
The Professor
i wish i was geRRy...

First Name: geRRy
Trading: (7)
ERdM
The Professor has disabled reputation

Not looking from anyone in particular ... was just wondering if any of the folks from the area (and I'll count Champaign in that) are at the Tiki Hut. If there's ever anything from the local area that y'all start craving, let me know and I'll go hunt it down for ya.

Stay safe!
The Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:24 AM   #4
Ubergopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFphoenix33 View Post
As I am not from Mattoon/ Charleston I live in Champaign and have just been put in charge of our cigar lounge called the Tiki Lounge. I am at Camp Phoenix and know several of the soldiers in the Mattoon/Charleston area. Let me know if you are looking for anyone spicifically.
If you don't mind PMing me your work addy I'll send you the name of my replacement for cigars down here at FOB Rushmore.

Also, I'll be up at Camp Phoenix in at or around a week, save a cigar or two for me up there.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:14 PM   #5
Squiggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubergopher View Post
If you don't mind PMing me your work addy I'll send you the name of my replacement for cigars down here at FOB Rushmore.
Has my 3 1/4 inch ash line been beat yet at the FOB Rushmore smoke pit? I was there in 2007 when the pit was dug and lovingly lined by river rocks . I hope that the cigar burning is still going strong.

BTW I am from the Mattoon area as well- a little town called Arthur although. I myself just got back from southern Afgh (Zabul Province) and met several ANG from IL. Lots of fun and lots of cigars smoked.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:08 AM   #6
Ubergopher

Holy ****, I think I know you... Possibly.