Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Youth Hockey(pic heavy)

Figured this could go in the sports section, but truth be told, this is not so much sports, as proud father stuff.....

Little Man was ON FIRE tonight.... He was playing his coach from last year and apparently had a little extra drive.... Put three in the back of the net... There was mucho celebrating....

He also had some great passes and spent the entire game outside the penalty box, which is quite a feat for him.....

The last photos with the adult is his old coach, who made a point of giving him the business after the game.....

White balance is out in left field... Didn't shoot in RAW and just auto PS'd them....so take it easy on the photos....

E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #2
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Youth Hockey(pic heavy)

Old 10-16-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

That's a wrap.... Think I will have a cigar....
Old 10-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
timo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (0)
timo will become famous soon enough

Nice. Future Bruin?

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics
timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 07:28 PM   #5
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitnchew View Post
Nice. Future Bruin?
Future Pioneer and then Av.....think Stastny....

No....just want him to have fun, though I cannot imagine that he is having more fun than I am.....

There are few things in the world more satisfying than watching your child excel at something.....
Old 10-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #6
ahc4353

GREAT PIC'S!! Your last sentance in the thread above is so true.

Mind if I thread jack this from time to time and post proud father stuff about my hockey boys?
Old 10-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #7
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
GREAT PIC'S!! Your last sentance in the thread above is so true.

Mind if I thread jack this from time to time and post proud father stuff about my hockey boys?
No problem whatsoever......post away!...
Old 10-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
gui_tarzan

Very nice! I used to coach youth hockey and my kids were in it too so I know what it's like on both sides.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
troy d.

man! awesome pictures, that's what it is all about right there. awesome!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:20 AM   #10
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Thanks for sharing the pics...Please give him our congrats on the Hat Trick!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
ahc4353

Weekend update:

Mitch and the guys win both games on the road va the Washington Junior Caps. Also Mitch's first goal of the season came when they were down 4-3 so it sent them to OT and they got the win!

No pics.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 AM   #12
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Weekend update:

Mitch and the guys win both games on the road va the Washington Junior Caps. Also Mitch's first goal of the season came when they were down 4-3 so it sent them to OT and they got the win!
NICE! Congrats to Mitch, clutch way to net his first one of the season!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Great pics!!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:07 PM   #14
Prefy
Connoisseur of Pucks

First Name: Matt
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Prefy will become famous soon enough

Awesome stuff guys...I hope to be able to post some pics in here in the future!
Prefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:29 PM   #15
Savvy
Bull Goose Loony

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (11)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Savvy will become famous soon enough

Great thread. Watching my younger brothers play youth hockey and high school hockey gave me the itch to get back into it. So I had my parents send me all my hockey crap from home and I'm playing on a team over in Germany.

Keep up the updates, always fun to read hockey stuff. Congrats to your son on the hat trick.
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 PM   #16
ahc4353

A few of Mitch when we were in Erie PA.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:11 PM   #17
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

REALLY Like #3

Look how torqued his stick is in pic #4...

Good stuff Al!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #18
ahc4353

Found this as I was searching my computer for a word document.

My Sanctuary
The hockey rink is my sanctuary. It is my place to be free. No matter what is going on in my life I can go to the hockey rink lace up my skates and forget the world. It doesn’t matter what had happened that day, whether I failed my English test and my math test, broke up with my girlfriend, got in a fight with my brother or my parents, I can go to the rink and forget about it. For the 2 hours on practice nights and the 4 hours on game days I am completely free. I have no pressure. I don’t have to worry about looking good or worry about my tests the next day. Nothing matters but having a good time with my teammates.
The second I cross through the doors of the rink I have not a care in the world. I cross through the lobby exchanging “hellos” with the parents of the other kids and shaking hands. Then I open the doors from the lobby to the rink and the cold air rushes into my face and overtakes my body, and its like stepping into another world. A world of slap shots and big hits, sweat and hard work, a hockey world.
I enter the locker room and a smile comes across my face as my friends and teammates greet me with hey how you doings. I find a spot to sit down and am immediately immersed in conversations about last week’s game or the Rangers game that was on last night. The smell of the locker room is unmistakable. It is the smell of sweaty, dank hockey gear that hasn’t been washed since it was bought 2 years ago. It is said to be the smell of hockey, and to those who know it well it couldn’t get any sweeter.
I wait almost impatiently outside the glass for the zamboni to finish. Now it is time to take the ice. I charge through the door out onto the ice as though someone was chasing me, because the burning desire to fly around the ice and be invincible is almost unbearable. I skate like the wind and shoot like a rocket. The wind hitting my face as I glide around the ice is refreshing, like jumping in the pool on a hot summer day. Eventually the fun has to end and its back to the locker room to have our team conversations about how were going to play in the NHL, and then its time to head out. I take one more deep breath of the cool crisp air before leaving the rink, then its back to the same old grind of the everyday.
The hockey rink is my sanctuary because it my place to be free. I can completely leave my cares behind and just have fun. No other place in the world makes me happier, and there is no place that I would rather be than the hockey rink.

That was written by Mitch in 2006 for a school paper, he was 15 at the time.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #19
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

First Name: Scott
Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

Awesome thread. My kid is a first year Peewee. Will dig up some pics and put em here too

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:23 AM   #20
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Found this as I was searching my computer for a word document.

My Sanctuary
The hockey rink is my sanctuary. It is my place to be free. No matter what is going on in my life I can go to the hockey rink lace up my skates and forget the world. It doesn’t matter what had happened that day, whether I failed my English test and my math test, broke up with my girlfriend, got in a fight with my brother or my parents, I can go to the rink and forget about it. For the 2 hours on practice nights and the 4 hours on game days I am completely free. I have no pressure. I don’t have to worry about looking good or worry about my tests the next day. Nothing matters but having a good time with my teammates.
The second I cross through the doors of the rink I have not a care in the world. I cross through the lobby exchanging “hellos” with the parents of the other kids and shaking hands. Then I open the doors from the lobby to the rink and the cold air rushes into my face and overtakes my body, and its like stepping into another world. A world of slap shots and big hits, sweat and hard work, a hockey world.
I enter the locker room and a smile comes across my face as my friends and teammates greet me with hey how you doings. I find a spot to sit down and am immediately immersed in conversations about last week’s game or the Rangers game that was on last night. The smell of the locker room is unmistakable. It is the smell of sweaty, dank hockey gear that hasn’t been washed since it was bought 2 years ago. It is said to be the smell of hockey, and to those who know it well it couldn’t get any sweeter.
I wait almost impatiently outside the glass for the zamboni to finish. Now it is time to take the ice. I charge through the door out onto the ice as though someone was chasing me, because the burning desire to fly around the ice and be invincible is almost unbearable. I skate like the wind and shoot like a rocket. The wind hitting my face as I glide around the ice is refreshing, like jumping in the pool on a hot summer day. Eventually the fun has to end and its back to the locker room to have our team conversations about how were going to play in the NHL, and then its time to head out. I take one more deep breath of the cool crisp air before leaving the rink, then its back to the same old grind of the everyday.
The hockey rink is my sanctuary because it my place to be free. I can completely leave my cares behind and just have fun. No other place in the world makes me happier, and there is no place that I would rather be than the hockey rink.

That was written by Mitch in 2006 for a school paper, he was 15 at the time.
That is awsome! What a great paper....and better find for Dad!

Welcome to the thread Eleven...picture bomb away!