Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-24-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all
Default 60qt coolidor?

Gonna buy a cooler instead of another desktop. think the one below will work just fine? I live in an apt and I don't want something massive

http://www.igloocoolers.com/Coolers_...ce-Cube-Roller
Old 03-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: 60qt coolidor?

I've never used igloo, mines a coleman 120 quart. Just as long as it has a good seal you'll be fine.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:30 AM   #3
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

well hopefully someone will give me some input then on the igloos
Old 03-24-2011, 01:14 AM   #4
bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation

Igloo coolers are great. But unless you need wheels I would get a standard 48qt Marine(white). Easily stackable when you need to expand, not too heavy(120qt) to move around if needed.

http://www.igloocoolers.com/Coolers_...8-Quart-Marine About $25 at Walmart
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 01:19 AM   #5
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

that 60qt is on sale at academy for 25 also
Old 03-24-2011, 02:07 AM   #6
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

Good deal on a good cooler you can move easily...........when full!

I have a cube and it's perfect for cigar storage.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:40 AM   #7
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

I Have 2 Igloo Marine 54 Qt & 1 Coleman Max Cold 72 Qt. They All Work Perfectly Over The Last 2 Years.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough

I have a 48 qt igloo with around 200 stick in it, a full box ans 4 cedar trays with a few tubos and tins scattered around them.

I looked at the cooler in your link and the problem with it is the wheels make the actual floor of the cooler pretty tight with most of the "quarts" of space in the upper part of the cooler which did not seem like a good design to me using trays. If you are just going to stack boxes maybe it would work for you.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:20 AM   #9
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

I Have an igloo 100qt and it works great. Got mine at walmart for $29
Old 03-24-2011, 07:30 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I have two of those that I don't use for smokes. For a little cooler, they hold an incredible amount of drinks. They're super easy to drag around, too. The shape might not lend itself so much to stacking boxes, but I wouldn't think that's too big a deal, you'll get plenty in there. When you get done using it for smokes, it'll work great for partying.

Here's another thought...
Some of the big, white marine coolers will stand up on end, and they have grooves inside where you can slide in shelves. Guys use them like winadors, and they're pretty slick. It wouldn't take up any more floor space, and you'd get WAY more storage out of it.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 AM   #11
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I can recommend this cooler, but NO wheels. If you can only get the wheelie version at that price, just wait
for a deal on the other kind or shop around some more. You give up space with the wheel accomodation
and it isn't worth it, to me anyway. If you have to have a cooler now and this is the best deal, I guess it's
fine, but if you get another, IT sure better not have wheels, or else it will not stack. This is OK for the
bottom layer of coolers. I have two of these coolers and outside of the Coleman Extremes I replaced my
Igloo 48s with, they are the best sealing coolers. I had a motley krewe of coolers til the Extremes went on
sale and now I have 3 of those and two of these without wheels. They don't LOOK like they should seal all
that well, but they do. I agree with Scott, though, this kind of cooler is fine for starting out, but this
disease is nothing to mess around with, it will likely NOT be your last cooler, so go big NOW and get the med
or large marine with slots.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #12
N2 GOLD
MIND OVER MATTER...

First Name: RICO
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
N2 GOLD will become famous soon enoughN2 GOLD will become famous soon enough

You know what they say, more room more buying...
Old 03-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #13
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation

To give you an idea of space, it has plenty. I just counted 41 boxes and a jar I have in mine and have room for another couple.............maybe.

Seals very well. Havn't had to use humidification since I got it more than a year ago.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 AM   #14
thecatch83

I have a 54 ct. Igloo and I love it. Maintains perfect seal, solid humidity....I have four cedar trays stacked and five cigar boxes with room to spare!
Old 03-25-2011, 03:33 AM   #15
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2 GOLD View Post
You know what they say, more room more buying...
oh i know i wanna buy more, that's why i need a cooler
Old 03-25-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I guess wheels on a 60 ain't too bad. i think I thought you meant the 48, despite what
I read now in the OP. I know that in the 48qt, the wheelwell is very obtrusive, because
in general the 48 qt is too odd sized to be REALLY useful. I am sure the 60 has a ton of
usable space. The 48 forces you to make Tetris decisions that work great for one column,
and then you had better have cabinets for the rest of the space, cause it's wasted
for Dress boxes
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:50 PM   #17
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough

Here is my igloo 48 with 4 cedar trays, underneath them is a full box of Tats and two cedar boxes I use to hold my kitty litter (one on each side). There are opus tins and various Tubos stuck in the gaps on the sides:

Old 03-25-2011, 08:12 PM   #18
thecatch83

Well done sir!
Old 03-25-2011, 09:00 PM   #19
TBone
Equal opportunity Bomber

First Name: Paul
Trading: (25)
ERdM AirForce (Disabled Vet)
TBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the roughTBone is a jewel in the rough

I just went to a Coleman 48 and love it...but now I think I should have gone bigger as I'm almost full...I hate after thoughts
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:04 PM   #20
thecatch83

You're going to need another cooler.......don't resist, just go with it!