Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #2101
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NHL '10 - '11 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Mike all your posts lately look like this to me. I like how now you are always saying your not complaining about the refs because I poked you so many times about it.

Hey any rumors about off season signings. I know the Sharks are still looking for D. Are the Wings bringing back Modano? I remember how big it was to he signed with the Wings over the Sharks.

Dude WTF they got Sturm and Wayne. Wrong Wayne though. As a whole he has not been a saviour, but to say any and every other team wouldnt take that trade every day of the week is laughable.
Mike, that's fine if that's what you want to read into it. I guess I take issue because I don't see Wing's players taking cheapshots, yet over and over it keeps happening to them. I'm not claiming they're perfect, but far from bush-league.

Apparently I didn't give the Sharks credi?

Apparently I didn't say they played better for longer in the series (better in 4 of the 7 games)?

And, apparently I can't call out a player for taking cheapshots without getting called a homer and a whiner. I didn't say anything about calls. I simply said Thornton is a douche and I gave examples as to why. I remember you calling out Matt Cooke; rightly so. I take issue with guys taking cheapshots too; especially in the playoffs.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #2102
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Oops, wrong thread. This seems to be the Drama Queen I've Got Sand in My Vage thread.

Al wonders off to find the hockey thread.

We need some Mangisil stat!

Old 05-19-2011, 02:12 PM   #2103
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

If the Bruins play physical which is their game,get a lead and not pack it in they will win it in the third?
The way to beat Tampa is up the middle,get some body's in front of the net like Chara and shoot the puck the point guys dilly dally to much.

The Bruins can't worry about the 1-3-1,just play the game that got them where they are.

Bostons a very good road team, don't be fooled by their size, they skate and open it up when they have to.

Oh and we have Timmy,he has to have his head in the game the first few minutes that's been a sore spot.
I like the B's in SIX
Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #2104
spongy
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (1)
spongy is a name known to allspongy is a name known to allspongy is a name known to allspongy is a name known to allspongy is a name known to allspongy is a name known to all

Lets go Whalers!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:24 PM   #2105
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Hawks locked up Crawford for 3 years.

Quote:
CHICAGO -- The Chicago Blackhawks and goaltender Corey Crawford agreed to a three-year contract Thursday.

The deal is worth about $8 million, according to a source familiar with the situation. Crawford gets $3.25 million in the first year, $2.25 million in the second and $2.5 million in the final year, a source told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:14 PM   #2106
Thaplumbr
Feeling at Home

First Name: Leroy
Trading: (58)
Montecristo
Thaplumbr will become famous soon enough

Now that's a National Anthem!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #2107
ahc4353

That was a great hit. BS call.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #2108
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Nice win, great to have Bergeron back,and Timmy was stellar
Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #2109
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Missed it.
Wont get to watch tomorrow's either. Will be at work. Magic of radio for me.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:46 PM   #2110
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Bruins outplayed the Bolts the first 35 minutes, then Thomas outplayed them the last 25. All that scoring talent, so little finish. As good as St. Louis looked in the first 2 rounds, he has looked that mediocre this series.

It was a great legal hit by Bergeron (TB) though.

Now Let's Go Sharks!!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 05-20-2011, 04:44 AM   #2111
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Trading: (3)
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Bruins outplayed the Bolts the first 35 minutes, then Thomas outplayed them the last 25. All that scoring talent, so little finish. As good as St. Louis looked in the first 2 rounds, he has looked that mediocre this series.

Now Let's Go Sharks!!
Had no problem with that hit. I would have loved to hear the ref's explanation to the Tampa coach.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:03 AM   #2112
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by taltos View Post
Had no problem with that hit. I would have loved to hear the ref's explanation to the Tampa coach.

That was a legal hit, at first it looked like an Elbow and that was the call they stuck with.
They gave one back a minute later when Roloson played the puck out of the trapezoid.
Good game by the Bruins, Tampa won't lay down the B's are in for a fight.

Let's go Bruins.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:56 AM   #2113
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugie View Post
That was a legal hit, at first it looked like an Elbow and that was the call they stuck with.
Legal hit for sure. Bruins got thrown a bone on that, but they still have a tough time scoring on power plays. That was a wallop of a hit though!

If the Bruins can make it to the Stanley Cup, that is like a dream!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #2114
TheLostGringo
Wish I had a Dr. Pepper

First Name: Roger
Trading: (16)
HUpmann
TheLostGringo will become famous soon enoughTheLostGringo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

Now Let's Go Sharks!!
Playoff Hockey, a hot Goalie is all you need.

Hopefully soon the B's will be drinking out of the cup, unfortunately no conscious memory of the last Cup, it was the year I was born.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #2115
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ugggggghhh this is why I dont do this argument we can make these back and forths all day.

I already addressed the Sedin penalty call and why it was made. It was a makeup. I dont know how else to explain it. The Refs give makeups sometimes when they decide they missed something. Clearly a hockey fan should know that.

You seem to be wetting yourself over the Marleau fight. Please watch the game just prior to the fight. Your tough guy was crosschecking and sticking him. Why doesnt that tough guy do it to Clowe or Eager. He turned down those invites. Yup he goated a former bing winner into a fight. Hes a badass.

Now the Sharks are whiny bit&hes? Dude I am not going down this path with you. Post what you like. Talk all your trash and have fun playing with yourself.
We'll have to agree to disagree, but yes they are acting like whiny bit&hes based on the fact that between Games 1 & 2 they did nothing but whine about how those dirty nasty Canucks are a bunch of embellishing divers. More of the same in post game interviews after Game 2 except this time is was Sharks calling out Canucks for being cowards (because of course Bieska didn't also hand Eager his arse the last time they fought in the in 2009 playoffs ).

I get it, I really do... the Sharks are frustrated and embarrassed by their performance in the first two games and they're lashing out. It'd be funny it if wasn't just so pathetic. I really hope they (the Sharks) decide to bring their game tonight and make a series out of it.

As for Eager trying to dance with Bieska, unless tonight ends up in another blowout it'll be intriguing to see if Eager is really that dumb after his performance on Wed... because Bieska certainly won't be dumb enough to sit in the box for 5 with Eager in a tight game. Loosing 5 min of Eager's services vs 5 min of Bieska's would be a trade off San Jose would love to get, that's pretty lopsided in terms of talent removed from the game. If it does end up in a blow out I think you're right that there's a very good chance of Eager trying to go after Bieska, but McLellan better be careful about playing Eager in that scenario as the league would probably take a pretty dim view of intentionally creating that situation in light of the last game.

Eager is quite possibly one of the Canucks best weapons for the rest of the series, just goad him into becoming the same player he was on Wednesday (shouldn't be too hard with his history) and then capitalize on the resulting powerplays. Maybe we should get that girl to fly down to San Jose and sit next to the Sharks sinbin as an incentive to encourage his attendance

Frankly I think you'll see the series cool down a bit in terms of the extra-curricular stuff tonight. Both the Sharks and the Canucks are far too dangerous on the powerplay for either team to take needless penalties.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #2116
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Not sure what I expected to hear, but sure didn't want to hear this.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2121106.shtml?cat=1

According to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner former Minnesota Wild enforcer Derek Boogaard died from an accidental drug overdose.

The cause of death is a mix of alcohol and oxycodone. The medical examiner classifies the death as an accident.

28-year-old Boogard was found dead Friday, May 13th in his Minneapolis apartment.

Boogard played last season with the New York Rangers, but spent several years before as a member of the Minnesota Wild.

The 6-foot-7 Boogaard was a fan favorite in Minnesota and one of the game's most feared fighters.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #2117
taltos
Really, really old

First Name: Paul
Punch MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
taltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the roughtaltos is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostGringo View Post
Playoff Hockey, a hot Goalie is all you need.

Hopefully soon the B's will be drinking out of the cup, unfortunately no conscious memory of the last Cup, it was the year I was born.
I remember the last Cup. It was too long ago.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 AM   #2118
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
All kinds of rumors right now. Possible pain med od accidental or purposely as a result of depression caused by concussion. The reference to Probert was an eye opener.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gophernut View Post
Not sure what I expected to hear, but sure didn't want to hear this.

http://kstp.com/news/stories/S2121106.shtml?cat=1

According to the Hennepin County Medical Examiner former Minnesota Wild enforcer Derek Boogaard died from an accidental drug overdose.

The cause of death is a mix of alcohol and oxycodone. The medical examiner classifies the death as an accident.

28-year-old Boogard was found dead Friday, May 13th in his Minneapolis apartment.

Boogard played last season with the New York Rangers, but spent several years before as a member of the Minnesota Wild.

The 6-foot-7 Boogaard was a fan favorite in Minnesota and one of the game's most feared fighters.
Im not suprised as I have seen it before. People like mixing drugs and people with depressionwill up the game with less concearn. It is a shame.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:05 PM   #2119
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Have I mentioned how much I hate the Vancouver Canucks today?

No?

I do.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:13 PM   #2120
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I love Boxxy thats all Im saying.
Closed Thread