Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
mmblz

Trading: (3)
Partagas
mmblz has disabled reputation
Default Classroom questions

The old standard:
President Bush goes to an elementary school to talk about the war.
After his talk, he offers to answer questions. One little boy puts up his hand and the president asks him his name.
"I'm Billy, sir."
"And what's your question, Billy?"
"I have three questions, sir. Why did the US invade Iraq without the support of the UN? Why are you President when Al Gore got more votes? And whatever happened to Osama Bin Laden?"
Just then the bell rings for recess. Bush announces that they'll continue after recess.
When they return, Bush asks, "OK, where were we? Question time! Who has a question?"
Another little boy raises his hand. The president asks his name.
"I'm Steve, sir."
"And what's your question, Steve?"
"I have five questions, sir. Why did the US invade Iraq without the support of the UN? Why are you President when Al Gore got more votes? Whatever happened to Osama Bin Laden? Why did the recess bell go off twenty minutes early? And what the heck happened to Billy?"

Revised version:

Jon buys a cigar website to make money.
After he puts up the new site, he says that things will be pretty much the same as on the old site.
On the old site, people used to ask questions and get answers.

One day, a little boy makes a post.
"I'm Billy. What ever happend to Lowland Louie?"
Jon says "He was replaced by a puffer fish."
Then another little boy starts to say something else about Louie, but no sooner do the words post in the thread, than they are edited out and the thread is closed.

Another little boy makes a post.
"I'm Dan. Has anyone ever seen 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest'?"
Just then the thread closes for new posts.

A bit later, another little boy makes a post.
"I'm Steve. I have three questions. What happened to Lowland Louie? Where did all older members go? And why can't we talk about the movie 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' ? "
Just then the thread closes for new posts. Jon announces that the discussion is over.

"I'm Tom. I have four questions. What happened to Lowland Louie? Where did all older members go? Why can't we talk about the movie 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' ? And what happened to Steve's thread?"
Just then the thread closes for new posts. Jon announces that the discussion is over.

"I'm Al. I have five questions. What happened to Lowland Louie? Where did all older members go? Why can't we talk about the movie 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' ? What happened to Steve's thread? And what the heck happened to Tom?"

"I'm Dustin. I have six questions. What happened to Lowland Louie? Where did all older members go? Why can't we talk about the movie 'One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest' ? What happened to Steve's thread? What the heck happened to Tom and Al? And how can we keep it from happening to us?"
Just then the thread closes for new posts, without so much as an announcement. It moves to a strange new "Drama" forum.

"I'm Peter. I only have two questions. Why didn't anyone answer Dustin? And what are the answers to his questions?"
After a short while the thread closes for new posts, without so much as an announcement. It moves to the "Drama" forum.

"I'm Adam. I only have two questions. What are the answers to Dustin's questions? And aren't we allowed to ask questions any more?"
Just then the thread closes for new posts, and Jon says "Come out in the hall with me if you want to ask questions."