Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Troops Room

Old 05-29-2009, 04:08 AM   #961
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

Trading: (15)
HUpmann
newcigarz has disabled reputation
Default Re: BAF Cigar Club Banter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkbyt View Post
WE GOT MAIL.....thanks Tony and friends, got some smokes and some flavored stuff (man those tins are stinky)
LOL, yeah they are huh.

Quote:
hope all are having a great BBQ, smokes & drinks w/family & friends
less than 30 days to go till stateside
newcigarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:18 AM   #962
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Sailor View Post
Me....AWOL from the shack herf.......not this year, no way no how.....can't wait till Aug.
I am ready for August, too. I have a great joke at Alex's expense that would be in poor taste HERE, but funny as hell at the Shack. Guess you have to just keep wondering, Alex.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:37 PM   #963
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

First Name: Alex
Trading: (30)
Partagas Army (Disabled Vet)
SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

damn its been tough w/o net access these last 5 days......no mail since Tony's stink bomb..........does anyone know if there are any inbound care packages inbound to my replacement FEKEM (Sgt Adams)?......I gave him all the leftovers I had and he (BCC) is running low on smokes...........hope all are well............last night was the big BBQ Herf w/Dust Off, we smoked alot of cigars, ate T-bone steak, burgers, sausage, wings ect and even had a jar of snkbyt sauce
hope to be home by the end of June and stateside by the the 25th
Old 05-31-2009, 03:36 AM   #964
Fekum

Yeah, Last night was pretty awesome. There was at least 60 people there are the most packed time. Soldiers, Sailers, civilians, everyone. At the very end of the night we said goodbye to our great friend Tom. Our Battalion Commander presented him with an award, a certificate, and a flag flown on a medevac mission. It was really awesome. We probably went through 50 smokes easily. The food was great and the company was better. Thanks again to all of our supporters for making these types of events possible. We cant thank you enough. There were a few cameras out last night (unfortunately mine took a poop), and I will get my hands on them and post.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:14 AM   #965
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

HUpmann

Quote:
days......no mail since Tony's stink bomb.........
Hey I resemble that remark!

Hopefully that little special smoke did not get ruined.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:06 PM   #966
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

First Name: Dave
Trading: (22)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Salutes Sarge, sounds like it was a great herf!
Old 06-02-2009, 02:10 PM   #967
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

Old Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really niceOld Sailor is just really nice

Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #968
Fekum

Tonight, a Buddy of mine and I went to the Tiki hut and smoked a Cusano 18 and and Paddila '68. Awesome smokes. Good times.
Old 06-03-2009, 05:17 PM   #969
abnCPT
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
Army (Active)
abnCPT is on a distinguished road

I spent 15 months all over Afghanistan back in 07-08 including a few weeks in BAF. I wish I woulda known about the Tiki Hut and all the cigar smokers there! You all supported my cigar efforts down at KAF (kandahar air field) and that was mucho appreciated as well. Back stateside for a while for some training, then it's back down range...
All you guys at BAF (and everywhere else)-stay safe! And make sure you have on your reflective belts!
abnCPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 09:05 PM   #970
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:32 AM   #971
newcigarz
Smoke and Mirrors

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fekum View Post
Tonight, a Buddy of mine and I went to the Tiki hut and smoked a Cusano 18 and and Paddila '68. Awesome smokes. Good times.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:00 AM   #972
Fekum

Whats up everyone? Last night's BAF Cigar Club Herf was awesome. We had a few nooooobs show up. A Marine female smoker, who liked the "stinky" smokes (Leon Jimenes Winter Wind) and of course she had a few stoggies with the Devil Dog on them (she wouldnt admit it but they sucked, go Army). Most of the regulars showed up, plus a few that just got back off of leave. Speaking of leave, I go on leave in 8 days! Greasy001 will be holding down the fort for me while I'm gone. I still don't have a camera but I'm going to look for one on leave so I can get some pics up here. Oh yeah, we had a few guys playing guitar and singing! It was a really good time. As always, thanks so much to everyone that's helped to support our wonderful hobby.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:26 PM   #973
SquareNoble

Fekum,

Was that female Marine a LT? I've been to a couple of those BAF herfs.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:30 PM   #974
tobii3

Heads up!!

I have two inbound - CPT and E-7 (both Army)- They were instructed to ask for the "Tiki Hut" when they arrive on BAF. They should be arriving around oh-dark-thirty tomorrow night!!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #975
Fekum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareNoble View Post
Fekum,

Was that female Marine a LT? I've been to a couple of those BAF herfs.
No, she was an E-5
Old 06-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #976
Fekum

Whats up everybody? Tonight was our weekly BAF Cigar Club Herf. We had a nice turn out. A few guys brought a little extra since our stock is a little low. We had a great time. I brought out a pic of my "Champion Brown Trout" if you know what I mean. Everyone got a kick out of that. Tonight was my last Herf until I get back from leave. Im attaching a couple of pics. Sorry about the quality, I had to use my camera on my phone (it SUCKS!). Thanks so much to all of you that make these events possible. This is my third year-long deployment and it has been the most relaxed yet thanks to you. A good stoggie after a days work is all I need to chill out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo_061309_004.jpg (83.1 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg Photo_061309_005.jpg (78.3 KB, 376 views)
Old 06-15-2009, 07:40 AM   #977
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

SNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to allSNKBYT is a name known to all

quick update....I have 1 more herf w/the BCC, thanks for all the support over the past 10 months........should be home by months end enjoying a smoke with drink........see y'all soon
Old 06-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #978
Old Sailor
Black Ops - S.O.B.

Good hearing from ya Alex.....Comeon Shack
Old 06-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #979
SNKBYT
PATRIOT and VETERAN

tonight will be my last herf here on Bagram with the "BAF CIGAR CLUB".....thanks again for all the support over my deployment and for taking care of the guys I leave behind.....I should be making calls on my cell by this time next week from MS and will be home in FL by the 4th (if not sooner)

to all and herf stateside with you soon
Old 06-20-2009, 04:35 AM   #980
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
tonight will be my last herf here on Bagram with the "BAF CIGAR CLUB".....thanks again for all the support over my deployment and for taking care of the guys I leave behind.....I should be making calls on my cell by this time next week from MS and will be home in FL by the 4th (if not sooner)

to all and herf stateside with you soon
Congrats Alex...you done good