Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 10-12-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation
Default Palio

is good

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
floydp
Team of 11

First Name: Frank
Trading: (0)
Partagas MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
floydp will become famous soon enough

Perhaps goodest
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Gooderer than goodest.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

A cut above.

Last edited by MoTheMan; 10-12-2008 at 03:59 PM.
pnoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
MoTheMan
Who Else!

First Name: mo
RyJ
MoTheMan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
A cut above.
Yeah!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #6
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Palio

Palio's are great!
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 05:03 AM   #7
drevim
On the inside looking out

First Name: Ian
Trading: (6)
Partagas
drevim has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
A cut above.

What a tool!!!.....I mean the Palio (love you Peter )
Old 10-15-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
MNSmoker
Well Adjusted

First Name: Chris
Trading: (13)
Cohiba
MNSmoker has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Gooderer than goodest.
Very eloquently stated.
MNSmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 AM   #9
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker View Post
is good
but the new Xikar looks cooler
Don Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:18 AM   #10
stevieray
Just slacking off

First Name: Steve
Trading: (42)
Bolivar
stevieray has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
There's always one in the bunch
Old 10-15-2008, 08:44 AM   #11
Mikepd
I Miss Pnoon

First Name: Michael
Trading: (10)
RA
Mikepd has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
But still cuts like the old ones...
Mikepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #12
JKim

My testament for Palio - I thought worth sharing was originally posted on CS 6/12/07

---------------------------------------------------

Last Friday was the last time I'd seen my Burlwood Palio Cutter. It always stays near in my pockets. Saturday morning I'm looking for Palio. It's not to be found anywhere. I'm distressed. This is by far the best cutter I've ever owned.

I back-tracked my steps from the previous night. Used the Palio at a buddies house to smoke a good smoke while playing some cards. Maybe I left it there. Went to a cigar lounge after the cards, used the Xikar that was on the bar, but maybe I took my Palio out for my buddies to use. Maybe it fell out of my pocket on the sofa.

My mind starts spinning ! I put out distress signals. Called the lounge to see if they had found it. Caught up with my buddy Sunday and asked him to check around his sofa for it. Hope is lost.. My poor poor Palio, where could it be.

Sunday afternoon continues, I'm helping my buddy work on his bike as I'm eyeying my Sportster in the corner of the garage begging me to stretch her legs. How could I say no. So I rode back to the Cigar Lounge to see if I might have dropped it somewhere. I checked the cushions of the sofa. Derek the manager of the Lounge was there. I had spoken to him the previous night. He said he'd check to see if anyone turned it in. Derek wasn't able to locate my Palio.

Oh well, a coca-cola later I'm back on the road riding to get some BBQ. Life's not so bad. I went back to the Lounge later that night and burned 3 fantastic cigars. I have given up on retrieving my Palio. My last hope is my buddy that is looking around his house.

Last night I come home from a hard days work to find a nice package in the mail, some tasty smokes I'd ordered that I'd been waiting on. Ben, my trusty hound greets me at the door, tail waggin as usual. As I plop down on the sofa, low and behold... there is my Palio sitting on the carpet. My Ben, found my Palio and brought it back to me, however that little sheeeet hound put his marks on it..

Needless to say, the burl is not so pretty anymore, chewed completely off on one of the finger rings. I checked to see if the cutter still tracked straight. It still opens and closes without a hitch. I found my Palio. It's not so pretty anymore. It took a beating by the teeth of Ben, but it's still my Palio.

Now the case? It's not quite as well constructed as the cutter itself. It's in about 100 pieces scattered over the carpet.

I wonder where Ben found it. He could have been hiding it since Friday night. I haven't found all his secret stash points in the backyard yet.

Palio is the Timex of Cutters.

Yeah, I had mixed emotions, cuz I'm sure he went digging around for it. I was certain I put in my drawer where I keep my keys and wallet and stuff, but I don't know for sure, but he is a hound dog and he is curious. You don't wanna know how many times he's looked fat as a pig after eating a loaf of bread he pulled off the counter. He eats rocks. He drug a garden hose into the house through his dog door. Good thing it was turned off. He quit trying to bring the watering can through after he finally figured out it wouldn't fit. There's no safe place for my shoes, or now my Palio. He talks like a hound dog... but he's awesome. He's got character just as Mark says my Palio does now.

and he ain't skeered of no Great Danes !

And he's a fan of Coca Cola... a true southern hound/mix.

to be cont'd....
Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #13
JKim

Here's the damage photos.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:46 AM   #14
JKim

Here it is put to the test...

Here's the current handy work. This Shark is about to go down in a blaze of glory. I noticed the head cracked after clipping, but I don't know if that's a by product of the cutter or not.

forgot .. that shark is getting paired with this tonight.. why not. it's been one of those days..

Old 10-15-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
kwoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKim View Post
My testament for Palio - I thought worth sharing was originally posted on CS 6/12/07

---------------------------------------------------

Last Friday was the last time I'd seen my Burlwood Palio Cutter. It always stays near in my pockets. Saturday morning I'm looking for Palio. It's not to be found anywhere. I'm distressed. This is by far the best cutter I've ever owned.

I back-tracked my steps from the previous night. Used the Palio at a buddies house to smoke a good smoke while playing some cards. Maybe I left it there. Went to a cigar lounge after the cards, used the Xikar that was on the bar, but maybe I took my Palio out for my buddies to use. Maybe it fell out of my pocket on the sofa.

My mind starts spinning ! I put out distress signals. Called the lounge to see if they had found it. Caught up with my buddy Sunday and asked him to check around his sofa for it. Hope is lost.. My poor poor Palio, where could it be.

Sunday afternoon continues, I'm helping my buddy work on his bike as I'm eyeying my Sportster in the corner of the garage begging me to stretch her legs. How could I say no. So I rode back to the Cigar Lounge to see if I might have dropped it somewhere. I checked the cushions of the sofa. Derek the manager of the Lounge was there. I had spoken to him the previous night. He said he'd check to see if anyone turned it in. Derek wasn't able to locate my Palio.

Oh well, a coca-cola later I'm back on the road riding to get some BBQ. Life's not so bad. I went back to the Lounge later that night and burned 3 fantastic cigars. I have given up on retrieving my Palio. My last hope is my buddy that is looking around his house.

Last night I come home from a hard days work to find a nice package in the mail, some tasty smokes I'd ordered that I'd been waiting on. Ben, my trusty hound greets me at the door, tail waggin as usual. As I plop down on the sofa, low and behold... there is my Palio sitting on the carpet. My Ben, found my Palio and brought it back to me, however that little sheeeet hound put his marks on it..

Needless to say, the burl is not so pretty anymore, chewed completely off on one of the finger rings. I checked to see if the cutter still tracked straight. It still opens and closes without a hitch. I found my Palio. It's not so pretty anymore. It took a beating by the teeth of Ben, but it's still my Palio.

Now the case? It's not quite as well constructed as the cutter itself. It's in about 100 pieces scattered over the carpet.

I wonder where Ben found it. He could have been hiding it since Friday night. I haven't found all his secret stash points in the backyard yet.

Palio is the Timex of Cutters.

Yeah, I had mixed emotions, cuz I'm sure he went digging around for it. I was certain I put in my drawer where I keep my keys and wallet and stuff, but I don't know for sure, but he is a hound dog and he is curious. You don't wanna know how many times he's looked fat as a pig after eating a loaf of bread he pulled off the counter. He eats rocks. He drug a garden hose into the house through his dog door. Good thing it was turned off. He quit trying to bring the watering can through after he finally figured out it wouldn't fit. There's no safe place for my shoes, or now my Palio. He talks like a hound dog... but he's awesome. He's got character just as Mark says my Palio does now.

and he ain't skeered of no Great Danes !

And he's a fan of Coca Cola... a true southern hound/mix.

to be cont'd....
Awesome great Dane. We used to have two.. at the same time, more than a handful. One ate an entire brisket off the counter while we were all outside.. no mess left at all! Does your harliquen (sp?) have different color eyes?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:57 PM   #16
MTB996
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (1)
Partagas
MTB996 is on a distinguished road

They're the fazizzle!
MTB996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #17
Mikes
Post Whore

Mikes is on a distinguished road

palio 4 life.

anyone bother to tell jack about the asylum?
Mikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #18
papichulo
Diablo Canoso

Trading: (2)
papichulo will become famous soon enough

me likeee
Old 10-16-2008, 07:13 AM   #19
Hardcz

I lost my xikar since I got the palio.