Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Illusione ~mj12~

This cigar is named after the Majestic 12, a committee of scientists, military leaders, and government officials that had the task to investigate UFO's. The Illusione ~mj12~ is a toro grande, 6x54 and a Nicaraguan puro, from first generation criollo 98 and corojo 99 tobacco. The cigar are produced in Honduras.

The packaging of the cigar is quite unique, it is completely wrapped in tin foil. Now I am not sure, but it could be a reference to the tin foil hats and the name sake of the cigar. Once unwrapped I see a nice dark and oily wrapper with just 2 veins. The construction feels good and after punching I get a great predraw that tastes like straw and raisins.

I taste earth and coffee with some sweetness. The flavors are medium strong but smooth and friendly. After two inch the coffee disappears and I taste sweet herbs and earth. The sweetness is dominant.

Halfway the aftertaste is herbal without the sweetness. The main flavor still has the sweetness. After ¾ I get some leather in the background and at ⅔ I also taste some wood.

The smoke time of the 6x54 toro gordo is about 80 minutes. I got a lot of thick smoke and a good draw. I have no complaints about the burn too. The ash is light colored and firm. This cigar is medium flavored and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, I would like a few more of these

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 8 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10