Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Good Eats

Old 02-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #341
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: The "I'm currently eating..." thread

Sweet and Sour Cabbage soup, my mom's old recipe or "de-vicalda cabbage" I suppose phonetically. I never liked the hamburger in it so when I was little I used to just eat all the cabbage out of it, the meat was rolled in cabbage leaves.. so yah it would end up being a big pot of hamburger when I was done with it and she finally started putting in extra cabbage for me. I got her recipe from my older brother the other day and made it, just put in chuck pieces instead of hamburger... very tasty. Thanks mom!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #342
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

I had another Nutter-butter peanut butter sandwich cookie. I know, not very exciting. But I had bacon wrapped scallops on a fresh fruit chutney earlier tonight (At Bonefish Grill - I sure didn't cook that up in the hotel room!!)
Old 02-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #343
jjefrey
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (1)
jjefrey has disabled reputation

Spinach salad
Baked potato
Corn
Strip steak med rare
jjefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #344
AdamJoshua

AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

Ahh having a herf of one at home drinking coffee and trying so many new sticks I totally forgot about food... so um ... Gummy Bears and Cigars for dinner .. l
Old 02-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #345
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough

My wife took the day off work, and made dinner for us, a rare treat! She made grilled lamb fajitas, she winged it, and they turned out great! The dogs loved the bones, we were all happy!
Old 02-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #346
RWhisenand
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rob
Trading: (7)
Punch AirForce (Served With Honor)
RWhisenand will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
Sweet and Sour Cabbage soup, my mom's old recipe or "de-vicalda cabbage" I suppose phonetically. I never liked the hamburger in it so when I was little I used to just eat all the cabbage out of it, the meat was rolled in cabbage leaves.. so yah it would end up being a big pot of hamburger when I was done with it and she finally started putting in extra cabbage for me. I got her recipe from my older brother the other day and made it, just put in chuck pieces instead of hamburger... very tasty. Thanks mom!
We have cabbage soup when we go out for Basque food (popular here) it's real good!

Anyway, they don't put ground beef in the soup, but just a little sausage. A couple dashes of Tobasco and it is wonderful.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #347
AdamJoshua

About to make a jew boy sized corned beef sandwich, nice thing about cooking it yourself is there is never "not enough". Time for one of those 6" high sandwiches with half sour garlic pickles on the side. SCORE
Old 03-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #348
emopunker2004
Central Fla rollin

First Name: Justin
Trading: (46)
HdM
emopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to allemopunker2004 is a name known to all

Blue Diamond Habanero BBQ almonds!

Old 03-27-2013, 07:31 PM   #349
AdamJoshua

Chili but don't tell peter.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #350
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

A hot toasted sub called the Turkey sub. Roast Sliced Turkey breast with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, mayo. Place here called Pizza Chef, a spinoff of a joint we used to have called The Chicago Subway. Even tho the Pizza Chef Franchise doesn't make toasted subs, they offer this from their old menu. Best damn sandwich you'll ever eat.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:02 PM   #351
AdamJoshua

Old 03-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #352
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

My wife has gone vegan, so on my days off at home eating it's getting pretty slim for me tonight I had some Tofu scramble that she made, it was ok, good thing I had a chicken sandwich for lunch.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #353
equetefue
Liga Privada Hoarder

First Name: Edwin
Trading: (17)
Partagas AirForce (Disabled Vet)
equetefue has a spectacular aura aboutequetefue has a spectacular aura about

Garlic roasted hummus with crackers and a cup if french vanilla cappucino
equetefue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 PM   #354
AdamJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
My wife has gone vegan, so on my days off at home eating it's getting pretty slim for me tonight I had some Tofu scramble that she made, it was ok, good thing I had a chicken sandwich for lunch.
What ever you do don't post an empty plate!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #355
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
Trading: (5)
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Just two burgers cooked with Franks Red hot and Worcestershire sauce. Nothing special, damn good.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #356
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
'I'm a Vegan' in my household is fight'n woids. Enjoy your tofu.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #357
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation

Homemade Chicken Salad, sliced extra-sharp cheddar cheese, apple slices, crackers.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #358
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
'I'm a Vegan' in my household is fight'n woids. Enjoy your tofu.

Salad's not food. Salad comes with the food.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:44 AM   #359
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all

Liverwurst and swiss on pumpernickel w/lettuce, thinly sliced onion, mayo and a touch of brown mustard.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #360
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Damn me for wandering in here. Weeze saw the Kale Waldorf Salad and now I'm gonna find myself pushing that nasty sh1t in my face. I am not a fan of kale, not by any means. She's been feeding it to me relentlessly.

I'll be having a spinach, almond milk, mixed fruit and agave nectar smoothie for lunch. They're actually really good, even though they look like nuclear sludge turning into a dangerous creature of some sort.