Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-04-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Garbandz
Feeling at Home

First Name: Tom
Trading: (53)
Garbandz will become famous soon enough
Wink Adrian's Spicy Sumatra- Toro

This toro from Adrian's Cigars has an attractive, toothy khaki brown wrapper,very smooth and slightly oily.The cigar is firm and solid, has very clean seams and minimal veins.
The pre light exam reveals earthy,herbal tobacco aromas,a sweet spicecake note,an easy draw,and a tingly, leathery spicy taste.Very interesting!
The first third produces big pepper and ginger flavors,the palate is fine leather,a flinty essence,slightly lingering to finish cleanly.There is a tingle on the tongue,slightly salty.The aromas are huge,cinnamon,bright cedar,herbs.
There are dry alkaline notes in the finish,typical of Costa Rican tobacco.I really am enjoying this smoke!!
The second third smooths out a bit,the finish is peppery with ginger notes,aromas of cinnamon and brown sugar ,a very firm and bold flavor profile.The pale gray ash is solid,the burn has been perfect.
In the final third,this cigar gets bold again,big pepper and spice flavors,full,solid aromas of leather and oak,very broad and rich.This has been a surprisingly complex cigar,bold,spicy,very compelling flavors and aromas,excellent construction.I am very impressed ...I rate this 8.5 of 10 for strength.18.5 of 20 overall.....I would lay these down for a while,I am sure they will mature into a very complex and exotic smoke....Thank you,Adrian's Cigars !!
Garbandz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adrian's Spicy Sumatra- Toro

Very nice review.
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:04 AM   #3
scooter

Thanks for the review.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
JJG
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (4)
Partagas
JJG is on a distinguished road

had one last night and I'll probably stop by the shop on my way home to grab a few more. I also found these to be surprisingly complex. good enough in fact that I took the time to email the owner and let him know he's got a new fan.
JJG is offline   Reply With Quote