Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2010, 05:35 PM   #941
Mpython24

Default Re: Photography Thread

Just got a D3000 for my B-day. Found the cat and he was chillin in the room for a little while.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #942
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Congrats! Cute kitty looks like mine. A little more white though.

Old 03-23-2010, 10:05 PM   #943
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #944
catfish2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
This will be a classic photo for me to always giggle with.

I just found this thread. I hope that I'm not repeating someting that someone has already posted, but are those "glass top" cigar boxes.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:08 AM   #945
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish2 View Post
I just found this thread. I hope that I'm not repeating someting that someone has already posted, but are those "glass top" cigar boxes.
They sure are. Genuine Habanos right there
Old 03-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #946
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
They sure are. Genuine Habanos right there
I am sure they are real Habanos, that's what the sign says they wouldn't lie to us.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #947
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Pictures from Ringling's Rose garden and main Gallery.

Sorry for the white border photobucket is being odd. It should not be there.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 03-24-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #948
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

What's the best/cheapest way to get into photography? I have a Canon 590IS, and I love taking pictures. I just lose any type of quality when the lighting is not Ideal. I love taking sports photos, but the action is usually too fast, and not enough light.

Can I get a decent lens to put on my 590 IS(a), or am I better off getting a DSLR(b)? I know option B will cost me much more than A.

Any insight is apreciated.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #949
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0eybb View Post
What's the best/cheapest way to get into photography? I have a Canon 590IS, and I love taking pictures. I just lose any type of quality when the lighting is not Ideal. I love taking sports photos, but the action is usually too fast, and not enough light.

Can I get a decent lens to put on my 590 IS(a), or am I better off getting a DSLR(b)? I know option B will cost me much more than A.

Any insight is apreciated.
Actually its more likely the lens would cost more than the body. Im pretty sure you cant interchange lenses with your particular camera. An entry level DSLR with kit lens (or two if you find a package) Canons T1i with 18-55 is a great setup the other way to go is the Nikon D5000 route Both in the $800 range. Its really a matter of preference. Most guys here are canon fans and really they are great either way IMO. Canon is cheaper in the long run.

If you are looking for point and shoot most of them don't perform great in low light. An easy way around this is to use a tripod.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #950
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Actually its more likely the lens would cost more than the body. Im pretty sure you cant interchange lenses with your particular camera. An entry level DSLR with kit lens (or two if you find a package) Canons T1i with 18-55 is a great setup the other way to go is the Nikon D5000 route Both in the $800 range. Its really a matter of preference. Most guys here are canon fans and really they are great either way IMO. Canon is cheaper in the long run.

If you are looking for point and shoot most of them don't perform great in low light. An easy way around this is to use a tripod.
Or you could get a used Canon 20d or 30d and a nifty fifty for less than $500. The nifty fifty would be good in both the situations you mention, low light and sports.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #951
coffeemonkey
Smoking my way to the Top

Trading: (0)
Partagas
coffeemonkey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenstogie View Post
How could you not click?

Now is someone could tell me what the deal is with Canon Raw files in CS3 I would be eternally grateful.
What is the problem? What camera are you having the trouble with? New cameras take a little while before Adobe catches up and can process RAW files. So if they are coming from a relatively new body that may be the issue.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:07 AM   #952
J0eybb
Feeling up at Home

First Name: Joe
Trading: (5)
J0eybb will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoings View Post
Or you could get a used Canon 20d or 30d and a nifty fifty for less than $500. The nifty fifty would be good in both the situations you mention, low light and sports.
Yeah I was thinking mayb I can find a used body cheap-ish. I know the key is good glass or at least this point and time better glass. I have an adapter ring I attach to te 590is that allows me to add filters, but not sure about glass. Looks like I need to start a savings just for a camera.
J0eybb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #953
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

For anyone that has an android phone, search the market for "depth of field calculator".
GREAT little app to have handy
Old 03-27-2010, 06:01 PM   #954
DonWeb
Juat Passin' Thru

First Name: Tony
Trading: (2)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
DonWeb is on a distinguished road

Bird's Eye view of the Arch in St Louis.
(Digital rebel: sized to post)

DonWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #955
DonWeb
Juat Passin' Thru

First Name: Tony
Trading: (2)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
DonWeb is on a distinguished road

In the wild - Vista CA.
(Digital rebel)

DonWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:00 PM   #956
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
For anyone that has an android phone, search the market for "depth of field calculator".
GREAT little app to have handy
Just got it. Awesome~
Old 03-27-2010, 10:15 PM   #957
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Just got it. Awesome~
been using it in the studio for product photography. been real handy, b etter than the shoot, pixel peep, and guess
Old 03-27-2010, 10:39 PM   #958
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

HdM

It seams like you almost need a tape measure too.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #959
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

LGC

doesnt have to be THAT perfect unless you want it to be. a decent guess usually suffices. (but I did grab one).
Old 03-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #960
kenstogie
following the whiterabbit

Trading: (3)
Army (Active)
kenstogie will become famous soon enough

Well on my travels I stumbled upon a very reasonably priced Tripod. Slik 212 deluxe. First "real" tripod I've owned. A whole new world of possibilities have opened up with it too. For example I took a 30 second exposure last night NO problem. Yet still sharp.
Posted via Mobile Device
kenstogie is offline   Reply With Quote