Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #41
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Official College Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjon View Post
Others Receiving Votes
Kansas 138, Michigan State 136, Texas Tech 114, Cincinnati 90, Pittsburgh 64, West Virginia 55, Rutgers 51, Miami (FL) 46, Missouri 44, Illinois 38, Clemson 30, South Carolina 18, UCLA 14, Auburn 12, South Florida 11, Nevada 11, Kentucky 9, North Carolina State 7, Wisconsin 6, Arkansas 6, Northwestern 5, Southern Miss 4, Wake Forest 4, Arizona 3, Boston College 3, CENTRAL MICHIGAN 3, East Carolina 3, Colorado 2, Maryland 2, Navy 2, Tennessee 2, TROY 1, Minnesota 1, Michigan 1, Houston 1.
Fire up Chips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Notre Dame sucks. They are always ranked high just because tons of people like them.
Sounds like a team that plays in Columbus.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #42
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Go Bulls!!!!!!! But seriously, does anyone think Superman will lose a game on his way to his third Heisman!!! Oh wait the big 12 fooled everyone into think their offenses were really that good, while leading people to think the defenses were not that bad. Sorry, SEC hardest schedule week in and week out. Tebow is the man. All 11 defensive starters return. And Urban Meyer is a football god. It is no coincodence he won at Bowlling Green, Ball State and Utah, The man can coach!

Now Go Bulls and Leavit take some lessons from that school two hrs north on 75.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #43
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

First Name: Ed...duh
Trading: (6)
PL
Mr. Ed will become famous soon enough

People like to forget that Oklahoma left at least two touchdowns on the field in the first half in the National Title Game. It was a close game, not the blowout people are remembering.

A true blowout would have been what West Virginia did to the Sooners in the Fiesta Bowl two years ago.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 AM   #44
DougBushBC

Notre Dame is always ranked too high, the BCS is biased towards them, and they are pompus. The fact of the matter is the BCS should give them the same rules as other 1A independents, like Navy. Notre Dame should be forced to play by the same rules everyone else does. This season they have a cupcake schedule for the most part and they can be terrible and still waltz into a BCS game, while most real teams have to play grueling schedules to get in. The non-BCS Conference teams have the hardest time getting to the BCS games, ND should be treated the same way!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #45
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

PL

Quote:
Notre Dame sucks. They are always ranked high just because tons of people like them.
You can say that about many teams. ND is not top ten material. But they have a realistic chance of going 8-4 or 9-3 with their schedule, 10-2 if they get lucky. 5-7 or worse is also a possibility, but I like to hope they'll do better than that.

I would not be surprised to see ND in the top 25 at the end of the year.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:19 PM   #46
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tidefan73 View Post
Ok fellas, less than a month to go and there isn't any smack talk of the upcoming season?!?!?! WTFs up with that?!?!

Ok, now's your chance. Smack it up!!!

Roll Tide, ROLL!!!!
Roll, Tide & Hook 'em Horns!
longknocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:20 PM   #47
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
You can say that about many teams. ND is not top ten material. But they have a realistic chance of going 8-4 or 9-3 with their schedule, 10-2 if they get lucky. 5-7 or worse is also a possibility, but I like to hope they'll do better than that.

I would not be surprised to see ND in the top 25 at the end of the year.
ESPN Picked them Top 10 at the end of the Year because of their schedule and experience.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:22 PM   #48
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uflbassin View Post
They have a good chance of making it to the championship bowl, but did you see what an sec defense did to a big 12 offense last year???

Gators for the repeat.
I agree, even though I don't like it!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #49
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
ESPN Picked them Top 10 at the end of the Year because of their schedule and experience.
Schedule and experience? Shoot, and I thought Knute Rockne was dead!

Let's win one against a Division 2 team for The Gipper!
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:00 AM   #50
Mr. Ed
A horse is a horse...

PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by longknocker View Post
ESPN has been smoking something. If their NCAA Tournament predictions the last few years are anything to go by, then I wouldn't really trust this prediction.

I think they'll have something around 3 or 4 losses. Even if they go 9-3, I doubt they'll be in the top 10.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #51
Poe
Still Watching My Back

First Name: David
Trading: (1)
Poe is on a distinguished road

Anyone know a good cigar bar in Atlanta for me to go celebrate at after Bama vs Vtech?

RTR
Poe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #52
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhnter View Post
2. Texas (4) 0-0 1386 3
3. Oklahoma (1) 0-0 1358 5

That's the only thing that scares me right now. TX has to win that game.
I don't know why that game would scare you, Texas is going to spank that ass
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #53
Clampdown
I Cut Like a Buffalo

First Name: Brian
Trading: (12)
RA
Clampdown will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ohio State Rocks! !
That is until they meet an SEC team in a bowl game.

GO BIG BLUE. I see a regular season for UK, most likely 6-6 or 7-5, perhaps enough to get us to our 4th bowl game in a row and perhaps our 4th bowl win in a row. I just hope we can beat UT this year and send Kifin home sad for Thanksgiving weekend.
Clampdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #54
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: James
Trading: (19)
AirForce (Served With Honor)
WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX2010 View Post
I don't know why that game would scare you, Texas is going to spank that ass
*Texas* going to spank that ass? Maybe when Tejas loses they will put a W down and put asterisks around it...that would be like them.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #55
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

WildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura aboutWildBlueSooner has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmancbr View Post
I did and that poor showing is due to someone letting the damn Sooners play in the big game with Big game Bob. I could have told you the game was over when they let OU go play in it... Now, you send Texas to play in it and I bet its a much better, closer game.
All I can say is if *Texas* wins double their National Championships, and then adds one more they will have won the "big game" as many times as Oklahoma...and that is not counting #8 which is coming this year.

I love how people forget about all the times they have blown the conference championship in recent years. I guess the mentality is when we don't even get there we will bust on you for getting there and losing!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #56
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by clampdown View Post
that is until they meet an sec team in a bowl game. :d

go big blue. I see a regular season for uk, most likely 6-6 or 7-5, perhaps enough to get us to our 4th bowl game in a row and perhaps our 4th bowl win in a row. I just hope we can beat ut this year and send kifin home sad for thanksgiving weekend.
c-a-t-s cats cats cats!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:13 PM   #57
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Uhmm... all I can say it Go Gators!!! I gotta say I am excited and scared at the same time. I am excited because it looks like an unreal year for the Gators. I am scared because I have seen many years when we looked great and sucked!!!

That being said... I love all of you guys... but once September gets here... every single Auburn and Georgia fan sucks!! Tennessee and Miami fans suck year 'round!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #58
WildBlueSooner
I'm nuts for the place

Oh and I cant wait to go to the new Dallas stadium to watch the Oklahoma vs BYU game. Boomer Sooner!
Old 08-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #59
DrDubzz
Formerly RX2010

First Name: Tim
Trading: (34)
Bolivar AirForce (Active)
DrDubzz has a spectacular aura aboutDrDubzz has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner View Post
All I can say is if *Texas* wins double their National Championships, and then adds one more they will have won the "big game" as many times as Oklahoma...and that is not counting #8 which is coming this year.

I love how people forget about all the times they have blown the conference championship in recent years. I guess the mentality is when we don't even get there we will bust on you for getting there and losing!
by recent years... do you mean 2001? I think they won by 67 on their last conference championship game.

when did BlowU last win a bowl game??......

and I've got at least a fiver that says Texas beats OU this year
DrDubzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #60
DougBushBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe View Post
Anyone know a good cigar bar in Atlanta for me to go celebrate at after Bama vs Vtech?

RTR
Buckhead Cigar