Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #21
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Quitting smoking, who is with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Same here. I like to call it my "Highly Addictive Personality" Cigarettes, virtually every drug known to man, online video games, cigars, alcohol...etc etc etc.

I am curbing my cigar purchases, and keeping an eye on my drinking, everything else has been left in the past. There are some things you just gotta stop doing if you wanna be around for any length of time.
Yeah I have that same HIGHLY addictive personality. There hasn't been anything I cannot get addicted to.

I hear ya, maybe someday I'll figure that out. Even still I don't drink like I use to. I was on the steady bottle a day diet (40%+ ABV) for about a year and a half before going broke.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 PM   #22
druturn

I feel ya brother. I have smoked only a few cigarettes in my life, but my tobacco addiction was dip. I was up to about a can a day and hated myself for doing it. I wanted to give up so bad, but every time I tried, I found myself buying a can a week later with the intention of using it throughout the week, but then found the can empty by the next day. I eventually found a few guys(one of them being my roommate) that could be my accountability partners that would help me keep track of how much I was using when I was quitting. Although it isn't always the best method for quitting, it helped me do it. I have gone several months now without using dip once. I still use Swedish Snus, which is still smokeless tobacco, but at least it has been shown to be far safer than cigarettes or dip(although not completely safe, I know). Once I run out of snus, I plan to be completely smokeless tobacco-free. All this to say, you can do it brother, more power to ya!!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #23
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

Quit last New Years, lasted 7 months, picked it up again and am trying for good this New Years again and not allowing the "c'mon, just one" people back in my life.