Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-24-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
amsgpwarrior
amsgpwarrior

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
amsgpwarrior is on a distinguished road
Default Mi Dominicana Lancero by Jose Seijas

Mi Dominicana by Jose Seijas

I just might have found my favorite cigar. While traversing the back issues of Cigar Aficionado and their archives of the Top 25 Cigars of 2009, 2008, 2007, and 2006, I noticed a name of a cigar maker that made several appearances. The cigar maker was Jose Seijas, whom works with the Altadis company, one of the largest tobacco companies on earth. Fortunately, the local cigar shop in Harker Heights had a few of his cigars, and I was intrigued to buy one of his cigars and finally get back to smoking Dominican tobacco. For the most part, lately, I have been smoking nothing but Nicaraguan puros and have come to the conclusion that Dominican tobacco is thus inferior. But guys like Jose keep me apologizing for grandiose boasts of Nicaraguan superiority. The Seijas cigar I smoked today was the Mi Dominicana Lancero. Lanceros are becoming increasingly more popular to me, even though they may seem feminine, some of the bests cigars in the world come in this long, slim cigar shape.

At first look the wrapper, is a beautiful light brown coloration with distinguishable veins present in the leaf. The cigar lit very easily, but the draw was a little flawed and took some work getting the smoke out. But the smoke was incredible. When first lit it brought flavors of light spice and leather, then transformed into an hour of cruise-control flavors of coffee bean and black tea. The full bodied smoking pleasure never let up the entire way through the cigar. The ash was almost pure white with flecks of grey, and the burn was incredibly even without a single correction. The smoke became increasingly more spiced the last third of the way in with extra flavors of toast, charcoal, and pepper. The total smoke time was a surprising 1 and a half hours.

Mi Dominicana appeared as the No.20 cigar out of the Top 25 cigars of 2009 by Cigar Aficionado. Rated a 92, I think it may have been underscored, compared to several of the higher rated cigars on the list I have tried. If your lucky enough to find this cigar, I say you cannot pass this one up. Slam your $9.00 on the sales counter and light up!

Rating: Mi Dominicana Lancero (7.5x40) by Jose Seijas= 93
amsgpwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Mi Dominicana Lancero by Jose Seijas

I like some of the other Mi Dominicana vitolas and have been very happy with them -- they remind me of La Gloria Cubana Serie R's.

Very tasty, lots of smoke, and priced right!

Thanks for the review!

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
jdawg
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (2)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
jdawg is on a distinguished road

Nice review! Will have to look out for a couple...
jdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #4
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

I've heard really goo things about Mi dominicana, especially the Lanceros. I'll need to pick one of these up!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:37 AM   #5
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice

JRcigars.com has these on sale for $88 PER box of 20. MSRP is $160 per box.
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 08:02 PM   #6
amsgpwarrior
amsgpwarrior

First Name: Aaron
Trading: (3)
Montecristo
amsgpwarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollywoodQue View Post
JRcigars.com has these on sale for $88 PER box of 20. MSRP is $160 per box.
That is an awesome deal. I bought mine for almost $10 bucks a stick.
amsgpwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote