Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 02-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #81
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Official College Hoops 2012-2013!!!!!!

Whuppin'? Your Pack built a huge lead at home, then tried their best to p!$$ it away. Yeah, the Heels have been struggling (for UNC, anyway) this year, but even you damn farmers shouldn't count your chickens before they hatch.

Good luck, regardless . . . and good luck to the state in collecting the back taxes from that deadbeat millionaire Sidney Lowe.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #82
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
and good luck to the state in collecting the back taxes from that deadbeat millionaire Sidney Lowe.
Amen brotha!
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:49 PM   #83
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Yo, Bear! Got anything ELSE you wanna say today?
Old 03-03-2013, 01:09 PM   #84
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
jcruse64 is on a distinguished road

If UK trickles out of the SEC tourney early, and STILL gets a bid to The Dance this year.... Though I'd be surprised if John C has built that much good will. I love the Cats, but this has been a rough season to watch. On the plus side, no one in the top 25 is over-the-top consistent this season.

Freaking Racers; lock up the top west OVC spot and they go on auto pilot. Beaten at home by 2 teams they should own. At least they won their Bracket-Buster.
jcruse64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #85
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

My Heels looked pretty dang good against the Semiholes yesterday. If they can keep improving they could become a scary team to face come Madness.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #86
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

I saw an interesting article yesterday, about the 10 most-hated players in NCAA basketball history. They cheated a bit, as they named The Fab Five as being one of them, but otherwise the thing I found most notable was that 4 of the 10 were Dookies . . . Art Heyman, Wojo, J.J. Reddick, and at the top of the list, Christian Laettner (who, to this day, says he does not feel safe visiting the state of Kentucky).

Too bad coaches weren't eligible, as I feel Coach K could have gotten some votes.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #87
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Some key games today to end the regular season, with big potential NCAA implications. At the half, UK is holding its own at Florida, and may need the win to even get an at-large bid. Meanwhile, tonight in Chapel Hill is THE GAME, as my Heels host Duke. Both teams are safely in already, but UNC can certainly improve its seeding with a victory.

Any others you guys care about?
Old 03-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #88
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
Any others you guys care about?

OK, I found one with possible #1-seed implications. #5 Georgetown has a double-digit lead over #17 Syracuse at home, and with Gonzaga's questionable RPI ranking this could give the Hoyas a seat on the top line . . . especially if Carolina takes Dook.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #89
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Hoyas are crushing the Orange, but with 4 minutes left Gators and Cats tied at 57.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:17 PM   #90
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Kentucky may have moved itself off the bubble by edging Florida 61-57 in an ugly, ugly, ugly game. How ugly? Well, only 2 of those 4 points scored BY EITHER TEAM in the last 4 minutes actually mattered. See, they were tied at 57-all, and while both squads kept missing shot after shot after shot after shot, the Cats did manage to hit the back half of a pair of one-plus-ones. Those other two points? After the Gators AGAIN missed, down 2 with 10 seconds left, and UK got the rebound, they were forced to foul the only Wildcat who could actually hit a pair from the stripe.

Ugly or not, it still counts. Congratulations to the Wildcats for finally getting a big win.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #91
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

Cats REALLY needed that win. I still think they will need to get past the Quarters to get the bid, but the rep may still get them in.

Spent the weekend watching the OVC Tourney down in Nashville. Got to watch several games at BB Kings, waiting on MSU's games to start. Good food, good music, good games. Was not really expecting MSU to win out, given the way we played our last 4 home games, but they played pretty tough. Saturday's championship game was a hot game, with Belmont winning on a running shot with 1.6s left in OT. Murray blew it with some lapses in D, some horrible turnovers at critical times, and....poor free throw shooting. 5 or 6 points left on the floor in the last 2 minutes of regulation by missing freebies by the Racers, so no excuses for blown calls or any of that. Belmont is a good team with some good players and a very good coach. Murray has a great conference foe with the Bruins. I'm hoping they continue the trend of the last 4 years with an OVC team winning their 1st round Dance Card.

Missou Valley final today saw Creighton win a heck of a finish. Some really great ball being played this weekend and through next week. Love this time of year!!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #92
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

Just watched Western KY win the Sun Belt final, and punch their ticket to the Dance in a tough game. Also just read that we have a 20 game loser in the dance from the Big South Conference-Liberty.

Watching Gonzaga play St. Mary's right now-tough knee injury just happened; OUCH!

So, what was the little exchange with Crean all about?????
Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #93
dman4505
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Don
Trading: (4)
Navy (Served With Honor)
dman4505 will become famous soon enough

Here's a link to the Fox Sports report on the incident:

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/03/1...53&feedID=3701
Old 03-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #94
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Had I been Crean, I'd have had the opposite attitude, and thanked the guy for giving me the opportunity to become hailed in Bloomington as the savior of the Hoosiers. But that's just me.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #95
jcruse64
Adjusting to the Life

Yup, that was about as classless as the Sampson period. I like what Crean has done for their program, and hope he really does take what he did to heart.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #96
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quick congrats to the Utah Utes, who are still alive in the PAC12 tourney! For this once proud program that was virtually gutted by 2 BAD hires by Chris Hill(Ray Giacoletti & Jim Boylen), looks like Chris got it right with Krystkowiak. He has them competing every night and can actually recruit(fairly important part of college basketball, Ray and Jim could take notes)….. The program is moving in the right direction, which is all a fan can ask for….& it has been a while since I could say that.

I assume the Utes will lose today(would have said that yesterday as well though), but coming into the tourney, I said it would be a successful year of they won one tournament game, now they have 2 in the bag. Last nights game was amazingly fun, hope it continues!
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #97
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

Yeah, I'd expect the Ducks to quack your streak and send the Utes runnin' outta Vegas tonight. Then again, I barely gave them a shot against the Bears, so ya never know.

Me, I'm hopin' my Heels can handle the Semiholes down in Greensboro in tonight's nightcap to open their quest in The Granddaddy conference tourny (60th annual, as if all the newcomers who claim THEIRS is the best give a damn ), and don't lay a stinker like they did against Dook last week.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #98
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Yea, wouldn't bet the Runnin' Utes tonight, but with their current confidence, not to mention their beating the Ducks by 10 last Saturday to cost them a share of the PAC12 title....you never know... GO UTES!
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #99
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

3 minutes left down in Greensboro, and BC/Miami tied at 55. What an upset this would be for the Eagles!
Old 03-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #100
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

So BC just choked down the stretch, which means there has been only one "upset" so far today. # 22 Wisconsin beat # 6 Michigan by 9 in the Big Seventy-Eight tourney, and THIS means the Wolverines can kiss goodbye their hopes of snaking a #1-seed from somebody in The Dance.