Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Siebec
Wating for the next Herf

Trading: (7)
Bolivar
Siebec is on a distinguished road
Default DPG My Father

I stopped in at Medina Cigar on my way to Cleveland to see some live bands at Peabody's.

I had heard about the DPG MY Father blend, but my local B&M did not carry them so I decided to give this one a try. Sorry no pics, my phone decided to not work.

I picked a no. 1, robusto 5.2X52 in size. The wrapper was very light, smooth and had only a few small veins.

I clipped it with my palio, and took a pre-light draw. The draw was perfect, not too hard and not too easy, there was a little bit of spice on the draw, which is expected from a pepin blend.

I lit the cigar, and was immediately hit with a huge amount of spice, this lasted for about a half inch and then the cigar became very smooth with subtle hints of spice here and there for the 1/3 of the stick.

The second half started to pick up strength, and I noticed hints of leather and spice, while I have a hard time picking out tastes, this cigar kept me quite interested, with its complexity.

The last part of the cigar was quite strong, a little more than I like, but it stayed smooth and did not disappoint. I noticed hints of cedar mixing with the spice around this point, I burned it down to the point I could no longer hold it with my fingers.

The burn was razor sharp the whole time, no touch-ups were needed and the ash held bout about and inch and a half.

Total cost was about $11, a little pricey, but worth it when you really want a cigar to wow you.

Overall I would highly recommend this cigar, the smoothness, yet complex tastes kept me coming back for more, it is nice to find a NC like this, I will be buying a box.

8.5/10
Siebec is offline   Reply With Quote