Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #821
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of
Default Re: It's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I log on under the same account both here and at work. So if another guy at work became a member and logged in at work, wouldn't that be seen as two accounts from one address (seen as multiple accounts)?
It could. I had a small messageboard a few years ago and I had different people that worked for the same company and they had the same IP address.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:23 PM   #822
Asher
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
HUpmann
Asher is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Is membership the real number or is it site hits? If I was an advertiser I would wanna know what kind of daily "hits" / "views" his site gets. If that's the case anyone who goes to check the drama just helps his cause.
If he's really using the number of members as a selling point for advertisers, knowing full well that some of the accounts are deliberately inaccessible, then he may be committing fraud.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #823
architeuthis

I'm reading and following what's going on with all this. I think it's gonna be historic, and many years from now I can tell all the grand-Squidlets how "I Was There During The Great Cigar Forum Wars"...

Old 01-26-2009, 07:29 PM   #824
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
If he's really using the number of members as a selling point for advertisers, knowing full well that some of the accounts are deliberately inaccessible, then he may be committing fraud.
Legally or just because he is a tool? Because if it is a legal issue I would love to see him get sued for deceiving the masses.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:30 PM   #825
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Al's thread asking about the bans and the scrambling of member passwords has promptly been closed. Don't even think about going against the company line.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #826
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
Al's thread asking about the bans and the scrambling of member passwords has promptly been closed. Don't even think about going against the company line.
Yep, that's the solution to everything over there now, just close the thread. I swear, in the little time i've spent browsing puff.suck i've seen more threads closed in a week than I ever saw in the years the old mod crew ran the show. Remember when we could talk about things and discuss gripes openly? Try that now and your thread will be closed faster than you can say boo
Old 01-26-2009, 07:39 PM   #827
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Puff Message

You have been banned for the following reason:
Drama starter - http://www.puff.com/forums/vb/genera...ml#post2135508

Date the ban will be lifted: 02-02-2009, 09:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will request it never be lifted.

If you can't tell the truth it's not my kind of place.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #828
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

I tried to be removed and they wouldn't allow it?
Old 01-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #829
piperman

Do we have any internet Lawyers in the house.....There has to be some type of crime there.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #830
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

I just happened to come across this picture... I think it may be fitting.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #831
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
I just happened to come across this picture... I think it may be fitting.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #832
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

I cannot believe what is going on over there. Thebest thing that can be done is boycott viewing that site..... Even if everyone wants too see the trainwreck
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2009, 07:57 PM   #833
Da Klugs
Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperman View Post
Do we have any internet Lawyers in the house.....There has to be some type of crime there.
Naa just a crying shame is all.

Being a little... more vintage than most here, thought a little observation that parallels my life might be in order.

Helped build a business for another back in the late 80's thru the 90's. Went from 2mm to 50mm. 30 employees to 400. Started in sales and had a hand in bringing in the growth in good people and business. Ended up as president. There were significant character issues with our owner that culminated in my getting fired on a Monday after returning the previous day from a ski trip with some of the team. Worst day of my life. Over the next month most of the team quit. Sat out their non- competes and starved for 18 months.

Today we own and run a business together that is bigger and better than the one we left. Everyone is better off and happier than we ever were or could have been. Trial by fire forges strong bonds.

Weird the parallels in our lives at times. From the worst of things can spring the best of things.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #834
av8tor152d
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jason
Trading: (21)
RA Army (Disabled Vet)
av8tor152d will become famous soon enoughav8tor152d will become famous soon enough

I asked Jon to delete my account, I refuse to give the site a number in membership. Now it's real easy to not get caught up in the drama there. Thanks to all who make this a place to enjoy.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #835
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Klugs View Post
Naa just a crying shame is all.

Being a little... more vintage than most here, thought a little observation that parallels my life might be in order.

Built a business for another back in the late 80's thru the 90's. Went from 2mm to 50mm. 30 employees to 400. Started in sales and had a hand in bringing in the growth in good people and business. Ended up as president. There were significant character issues with our owner that culminated in my getting fired on a Monday after returning the previous day from a ski trip with some of the team. Worst day of my life. Over the next month most of the team quit. Sat out their non- competes and starved for 18 months.

Today we own and run a business together that is bigger and better than the one we left. Everyone is better off and happier than we ever were or could have been. Trial by fire forges strong bonds.

Weird the parallels in our lives at times. From the worst of things can spring the best of things.
What happened to the old boss, Dave? Did he go under?

Insert quote here.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:59 PM   #836
ks92xj

I cant stand to watch it any more

Old 01-26-2009, 08:00 PM   #837
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Jon re-opened Al's thread and posted the following, then of course immediately relocked it:

"One more comment on this. Icehog and Daklugs have both in their own words expressed to me that they do not wish to return. If that changes they have my email address and they can email me. Case closed."

So.. first it was that they were not banned. Now their ban is open to negotation? I'll say it again, Class A Jackass.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:01 PM   #838
King James
Regard Me!

First Name: Jim
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
King James has disabled reputation

Well put, Dave. I do not see CA as the one who will be hurting in the end
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #839
ahc4353

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_s2k View Post
Jon re-opened Al's thread and posted the following, then of course immediately relocked it:

"One more comment on this. Icehog and Daklugs have both in their own words expressed to me that they do not wish to return. If that changes they have my email address and they can email me. Case closed."

So.. first it was that they were not banned. Now their ban is open to negotation? I'll say it again, Class A Jackass.
I guess Silverfox's is non negotiable.

I only spoke the truth. It's sad when the truth is gaged.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:09 PM   #840
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_s2k View Post

I especially liked how he failed to address why they had problems accessing the site to begin with. Nope, no explanation just case closed