Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 10-05-2010, 02:31 PM   #41
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

First Name: Gary
Trading: (0)
VTDragon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Patriots Fans

Well, the boys are in a good mood entering the bye week. Nice win last night.

Great to see all the so called EXPERTS proven so wrong about virtually everything in this game.

Some thoughts:

Brady is at his best throwing 7-15 yards. Let Moss be a decoy except for 1 or 2 deep throws per game to keep the defense honest and keep mixing in the runs and the offense will continue to have a great year.
The defense continues to improve. Yep, they did not look good in the first half, but got better and better as the game progressed. It won't be a straight line up of improving every week for this young unit, there will be blips, but they seem to accept coaching well and I believe they will continue to improve throughout the year...hopefully peaking during the playoffs.
TD's by passing, running, kick return, fumble return ...what, no safeties?
Kudos to Gostkowski's kick-offs- there couldn't be a better contrast with him booting them out of the back of the end zone and Tate returning one 103 yds.
More kudos to Patrick Chung (2 blocked kicks), Rob Ninkovich (2 INT's) and Jerod Mayo (16 tackles)
Gotta love Danny Woodhead- yet another undersized, overperformer. The Pats seem to have cornered the market on this type of player.

ALL in all that game was FUN!

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
VTDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #42
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTDragon View Post
Well, the boys are in a good mood entering the bye week. Nice win last night.

Great to see all the so called EXPERTS proven so wrong about virtually everything in this game.

Some thoughts:

Brady is at his best throwing 7-15 yards. Let Moss be a decoy except for 1 or 2 deep throws per game to keep the defense honest and keep mixing in the runs and the offense will continue to have a great year.
The defense continues to improve. Yep, they did not look good in the first half, but got better and better as the game progressed. It won't be a straight line up of improving every week for this young unit, there will be blips, but they seem to accept coaching well and I believe they will continue to improve throughout the year...hopefully peaking during the playoffs.
TD's by passing, running, kick return, fumble return ...what, no safeties?
Kudos to Gostkowski's kick-offs- there couldn't be a better contrast with him booting them out of the back of the end zone and Tate returning one 103 yds.
More kudos to Patrick Chung (2 blocked kicks), Rob Ninkovich (2 INT's) and Jerod Mayo (16 tackles)
Gotta love Danny Woodhead- yet another undersized, overperformer. The Pats seem to have cornered the market on this type of player.

ALL in all that game was FUN!
I like alot of your points in the game the defense looked great and Kudos to the guys who really stepped it up.
The Brady doing the short 7-15 yrds and then opening it up on the long side line pass is great. Hit the open man and the rest will fall into place don't force it.
But it is still iffy in my eyes, you can't count on those fluke points Kick off returns and INTs returned. Also Special teams teams played out of there minds you can't count on that every week.
I want to see a good game where the plays are made when they have to be. And nothing fluky to get the win.
Don't get me wrong Last Night was awesome.

I would like to see a muc
Old 10-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #43
QUAZY50
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Alex
QUAZY50 is on a distinguished road

not so good for the pats?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi...EP7vDEh7P:DiUs
QUAZY50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:49 AM   #44
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Good, lets hope we get a pass rusher and not a draft pick two years down the line.
The Pats cleaned out all the bad apples from last year just one to go.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:03 AM   #45
Wanger

Bring him home! We want him back in MPLS!!! Superbowl, homeboy. Loved him when he played here, "bad attitude" notwithstanding. He's still a game changer, and the Vikes are in desperate need of a player like him. Someone to stretch the field and that the defensive backs actually have to worry about. For the Vikes, that would open things up HUGE for AP. And then the fact that he and Favreavrvaevrevararvevre have wanted to play together for a while...I'd love for him to be back here!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 AM   #46
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

the rumor last night was a 3rd round pick for Moss
Old 10-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #47
kugie
Have My Own Room

First Name: Joe
Trading: (3)
kugie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post

Still the rumor
Old 10-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #48
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
Got to be more then that? If they let him walk after the season the Pats get a third from the team that signs him anyway.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:55 AM   #49
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough

He started earlier with the contract whining, as good as he is, history shows that the alligator arms can't be too far away.

When he is on and wants to play there is no one that can cover him, even doubled Brady usually tries at least 1-2 deep balls to him. When he doesn't want it you don't know he is on the field (like Monday night).
Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #50
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Fan View Post
Got to be more then that? If they let him walk after the season the Pats get a third from the team that signs him anyway.

It's a done deal.....we traded him for a 3rd round pick.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #51
Wanger

Yeah baby!!!!! Welcome home Randy!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #52
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ

To let him go for that he must of been to much of a problem in the locker room?
Lot of young guys on that team that don't need to be influenced by a bad apple like him.
I am glad he is gone, all you had to do was be a little physical with him on the line and he would not be a factor, what did Revis call him a slouch
We need an over under on the number of interceptions Farve will throw trying to force the ball to Moss.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #53
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

Mixed feelings on this one. He is great when he wants to be. Other times, like Mon. in Miami, he just doesn't show up.

He made a telling comment after the game when asked about not having any receptions, he tartly responded about "the game plan" while making it obvious that he did not like "the game plan" at all. It was then reported that he and Belicheck got into a heated "discussion" at Gillette the next day. I wonder what they were talking about?

The sad fact is that Randy is all about only Randy. Brady and Belicheck got him to appear to buy into the team concept for a while, but as with any prima donna, he sulks and becomes disruptive when things don't go his way.

Having said all that, I'll be sorry to see him go... he is a GREAT talent, but the TEAM has to come first and I would rather see us get something for him now than let him go for nothing at the end of the season and still have to endure all the attendant distractions he is sure to bring if he stays. Remember the last month of Manny with the Sox. We do not need more of that.

An expert is a person who knows enough about what's really going on ... to be scared.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #54
Gophernut
Have My Own Room

First Name: Steve
Trading: (15)
Diplomatico
Gophernut will become famous soon enoughGophernut will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
Yeah baby!!!!! Welcome home Randy!!!
Couldn't agree more! This helps out immediately! And that one handed catch that he made in the back of the endzone over Revis, WOW. (I know Revis had a bad hammy, maybe he should have been in training camp since he was under contract...) Moss can still bring it. (when he wants to)
Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #55
Wanger

Quote:
Mixed feelings on this one. He is great when he wants to be. Other times, like Mon. in Miami, he just doesn't show up.

He made a telling comment after the game when asked about not having any receptions, he tartly responded about "the game plan" while making it obvious that he did not like "the game plan" at all. It was then reported that he and Belicheck got into a heated "discussion" at Gillette the next day. I wonder what they were talking about?

The sad fact is that Randy is all about only Randy. Brady and Belicheck got him to appear to buy into the team concept for a while, but as with any prima donna, he sulks and becomes disruptive when things don't go his way.

Having said all that, I'll be sorry to see him go... he is a GREAT talent, but the TEAM has to come first and I would rather see us get something for him now than let him go for nothing at the end of the season and still have to endure all the attendant distractions he is sure to bring if he stays. Remember the last month of Manny with the Sox. We do not need more of that.
It's understandable to say that, and has been said many times about him. Would it be different had they gotten that perfect season (which I was rooting for them to do, btw)? Had he been teamed with a HOF qb in the prime of his career early in his career would he be viewed differently (ala Michael Irvin with Aikman)? Quite possibly. Look at his early career and the fact that the QB was changing left and right, and he still put up the big numbers. the last few years in NE have been a lot better and more calm. I see his comments being just what they were...him saying what he felt about his contract situation. He was just to honest about it. I could easily be wrong, but that's what I see.

As far as him not showing up, honestly, it's different for a receiver, as they rely on someone else to get the ball to them. Not every great RB was a stud every game they played. Look at AP, for example. He's had a 297 yd game, and then another at 20 yds. When measuring anyone against Jerry Rice, you have to remember that Rice is the PLATINUM standard (beyond gold). He is so far above everyone, that there is no comparison. As of right now, he's 4th in receiving yards in NFL history, and could conceivably pass TO this year with Isaac Bruce sitting at the #2 spot.

And let me say this...I had a conversation one time with a former teammate of his (Moss), and essentially was told that Randy does give a great effort, but the problem was that when things got tough and weren't easy for him, he wasn't used to it and at the time didn't know how to respond and people viewed it as a lack of effort. Has that changed? No clue, but once labeled with a reputation like that, it is tough to shake. I'm sure that there are MANY players out there that are as bad or worse than he actually is. Just my
Old 10-06-2010, 01:53 PM   #56
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

RyJ

The story that is coming out Moss had a fight with coaches and players on the flight home from Miami?
Now is is getting to look more like dumping him then a trade, just like wth Maroney.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #57
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Well if anyone wants Authentic Moss jerseys for $75 now is the time.

Moss Throwback Jersey: Original $79.95.... Now $25
Moss Authentic Jersey: Original $249.99....Now $$75

proshop.com
Old 10-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #58
VTDragon
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen910 View Post
Well if anyone wants Authentic Moss jerseys for $75 now is the time.

Moss Throwback Jersey: Original $79.95.... Now $25
Moss Authentic Jersey: Original $249.99....Now $$75

proshop.com
Maybe the Pats will assign his number to the next guy they pick up, just like they did with Maroney's when Woodhouse got it. Then, you just need to duct tape over the name with the new guys'.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #59
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Maybe the Pats will assign his number to the next guy they pick up, just like they did with Maroney's when Woodhouse got it. Then, you just need to duct tape over the name with the new guys'.
I think the non-authentic one you can steam it off...the authentic one you might just unstitch the name
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #60
Gargoyle
Got Coffee?

First Name: Patrick
Trading: (7)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
Gargoyle will become famous soon enough

Had an interesting conversation with Vin a few days ago. It seems the Patriots are doomed to lose players based on the season ticket images. We were heading to the 9/26 game w/ the Bills and I joked that I was worried about Moss.

Game 1 (9/12) tix -> Maroney... inactive for the game, traded to Denver on 9/15.
Game 2 (9/26) tix -> Faulk... on IR on 9/22
Game 3 (10/17) tix -> Moss... traded to Vikings on 10/6

I think Logan Mankins was on one of the pre-season tickets too... but I'm not positive on that.

So who's up next for the curse?
Game 4 (10/31) tix -> Welker
Game 5 (11/21) tix -> Brady
Game 6 (12/6) tix -> Bruschi... he's already gone. It is Tedy Bruschi night.
Game 7 (12/19) tix -> Wilfork
Game 8 (1/2) tix -> Mayo