Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 05-29-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Antietam vs Montegue Cabinet

Looking at these two cabinets with the idea of consolidating down my existing humi's and while the Montegue is very well documented, the Antietam is not so I'm trying to find some info on it. Is there anyone here using the Antietam? If so:

What's the build quality like?
How big are the drawers really?
Does it have internal electrical outlets like the Montegue?

If anyone has experience with both and can directly compare them for me that'd be amazing. Thanks for any input!
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #2
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

First Name: Marc
Bolivar
Parshooter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Antietam vs Montegue Cabinet

I had an Antietem before I got my Artistocrat. The drawer is not that big, but neither is the cabinet itself. No internal outlet and the shelves do NOT slide, the center one is adjustable by little wooden pegs. It performed fine, but just got too small.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

sjnovakovich is on a distinguished road

I have a Montegue and I love it. Is it on par with an Aristocrat? No, but the quality is very, very good and it didn't cost nearly as much. It looks nice, performs well, and holds a ton of sticks.
sjnovakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
forgop
Not a puffer

First Name: Duane
Trading: (40)
Partagas Army (Served With Honor)
forgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the roughforgop is a jewel in the rough

I'd recommend this cabinet in that kind of a price range. I am very pleased with the quality of this humidor for such a low price. Lots of space and an internal outlet for running a Cigar Oasis XL or whatever you choose.

http://tampahumidor.com/sd4/product/...midor-5707.cfm
forgop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 05:30 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I had a very similar model from Bargain called the Connoisseur....I believe the Montegue replaced it. I thought it was a great mini-cabinet for the price, and ended up selling it to another member at CS after I bought my larger cabinet.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:35 AM   #6
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

You know what strikes me, is the sheer size of these things and how inadequate they are.
And by things, I mean cabinets in general. There is another thread with this HUGE cabinet
that ChiBnkr has, and said is an old photo, (attached below) and I am thinking, "Dang, I
would need 3 of those." I don't know, maybe two depending on how deep it is.
I am not trying to say look at how many cigars I have, I am thinking, what saviors ice
chests are. If I had to house all my crap in cabinets, I would sell all my cigars first rather than
pay all that money to store em. They look so huge, but in the end, hold so little. I think I
could get my cigars into DaKlug's display/locker cabinet. But that is the only one I have ever
seen that would do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lack.jpg (26.1 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by OLS; 06-07-2010 at 09:42 AM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
mithrilG60
Feeling at Home

First Name: Geoff
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough

I actually decided to stay with what I've got for the time being, some creative tetis allowed it all to fit.

Regarding using ice chests/coolers, I certainly understand why some choose to go that route and can see why they work well. That said, they're just not a route I'm interested in simply because I enjoy the aspect of having a finely crafted piece of furniture that looks like it fits into the room instead of a stack of plastic Coleman's that just look like you haven't cleaned up from the last camping trip. Coolers just seem so inelegant, not to mention that while they'll hold more they also take up WAY more real estate than most cabinets excluding large display units like DaKlug's.

A vinotemp is about the closest thing to a cooler that I'd consider and then only because it can look quite presentable in a normal room, or man cave, if using a solution like Chasden's drawers.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
BigCat
My back is now unwatched.

First Name: Colin
Trading: (5)
BigCat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrilG60 View Post
I actually decided to stay with what I've got for the time being, some creative tetis allowed it all to fit.

Regarding using ice chests/coolers, I certainly understand why some choose to go that route and can see why they work well. That said, they're just not a route I'm interested in simply because I enjoy the aspect of having a finely crafted piece of furniture that looks like it fits into the room instead of a stack of plastic Coleman's that just look like you haven't cleaned up from the last camping trip. Coolers just seem so inelegant, not to mention that while they'll hold more they also take up WAY more real estate than most cabinets excluding large display units like DaKlug's.

A vinotemp is about the closest thing to a cooler that I'd consider and then only because it can look quite presentable in a normal room, or man cave, if using a solution like Chasden's drawers.
That's why they stay in the closet Though I'm sure I'll get a nice display piece one day.