Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 PM   #1
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Do you SEE THE LIGHT?

Yes yes I SEE THE LIGHT!

I get it now, being a real noob I couldn't figure out how guys could have cigars and stash them for months or years, the good ones, the custom rolls, things like that, I couldn't figure out how they could hold off from just burning all those tasty sticks down.

Well I see the light! I just got my first boxes of CCs, being my firsts these are my specials, my custom rolls, my trip to Havanas, they are just as special to me as those sticks hidden away in the humis to be lovingly looked out now and then, taken out on a special occasion and enjoyed, whether alone or with friends.

I see what makes them special at herfs, enjoying a smoke that is special to you with a bunch of guys that are just there to talk, laugh, share stories, have a good time and enjoy each others company.

It all hit me at once when I looked at MY special boxes that just came, I wanted to look at them and spirit them away to my humi, kept safe and happy until it's time to enjoy with friends or just for the hell of it. (well all except the H Upmann No. 2 I'm savoring while typing this)

They might not be custom hand rolled with a blend I picked, but they are just as special to me, and I am sure that I will enjoy them with friends just as much as well!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
DivineRight
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Chapman
Trading: (0)
DivineRight is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do you SEE THE LIGHT?

Your post makes me happy
DivineRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
Robulous78

Default Re: Do you SEE THE LIGHT?

We all have nostalgia towards certain sticks/blends we all have enjoyed at special times in our life...

the Monte #2 will always remind me of a night downtown in Charlotte with 3 of my best buds... after a huge (and expensive) dinner at Mimosa Grille we fired these things up on 2 bus benches and later walked the Charlotte streets at night...

A Romeo & Julieta Cuban Robusto (Idk more to be more specific, other then it came in a Aluminum tube with red lettering) reminds me of my parents trip to Canada (circa age 15) and sneaking off with a friend to the school playground down the street to smoke the cigar and drink a few beers that wouldn't be missed...

A Punch Double Corona will bring memories of a clear night I spent looking at the moon around the age of 17 on the Jolly Roger Pier in Topsail Island, NC while listening to my Walkman CD player, thinking about life...

Cigars are not as much about tastes, blends, brands, and nuances in my humblest opinion, they are in fact more about the people we smoke them with, the ideas we think of or the memories made in the moments that we enjoy and punctuate with a good smoke...

Or I could be wrong...