Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Pipe Forum > Discussion

Old 01-26-2009, 03:28 PM   #1
Killjoy

Default intros

I figured I would introduce myself here. I smoke my pipe when i am not smoking a cigar (lol) I own only 2 pipes and I love them both 2 death. I have a classy dunhill I picked up about two years ago on ebay and some big horned monstrosity. I normally smoke more tobaccoy? (is that even a word) tobacco and less sweet tasting stuff. I have found i really like Nightcap and the Dunhill flake stuff too.

I have a question as well..I only keep enough tobacco on hand to smoke what I need, is there like a cooler setup or something to keep the cans/tins form drying out?

Last edited by Killjoy; 01-26-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Nick
Feeling at Home

First Name: That's confidential
Trading: (4)
Nick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: intros

You only have to have one pipe to be a pipe smoker and we are happy to have you. You're question about tobacco storage can be posted in the ask an old fart thread and it will get a barrage of responses. I will say one thing about it now, Mason jars seem to work well for me.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Curly Cut
Not Scary

Trading: (9)
Curly Cut is on a distinguished road
Default Re: intros

they don't need their own "humidor/cooler", as long as you keep it out of the sun and moisture.

* for long term storage of open tins, you need a non-permeable sealing container, like Ball or Mason jars. <-- con: they don't stack well.
* for short term, like you just opened a tin and don't want it drying out way too much over the next 4-8 months before you're done with it, i suggest zip loc containers that stack. <-- pro: they're designed to stack on each other.
* for sealed tins, leave 'em sealed.