Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 12-31-2010, 08:37 AM   #21
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: travel humidor project?

yes ofcourse. its going to be tricky though. automotive heat guns are by no means "warm"

DroptheE- BTW the case is made by Omega
Old 12-31-2010, 08:50 AM   #22
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanmc View Post
..automotive heat guns are by no means "warm"
I learned the hard way....
Old 03-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #23
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

heat gun and a brunt dive knife ready lets see how this goes..

Last edited by Devanmc; 03-02-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Devanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:40 PM   #24
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

said screw it, idk how to deal with wood. its getting sent to waxing moon humidor to be finished/lined
Old 04-03-2011, 01:18 AM   #25
thecatch83

update?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #26
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

I talked to waxing moon, when i have the cash im sending it to him to have it lined with cedar.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:13 AM   #27
thecatch83

Word...that will look dope!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:37 PM   #28
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I talked to waxing moon, when i have the cash im sending it to him to have it lined with cedar.
That's probably the best idea, he is skilled enough to custom fit it and make it look like you
meant to do it. You want the best work you can get on that interior. If I recall, those cases
seal neatly but not necessarily airtight. Best idea I heard yet. Ed can do great things with wood.
If you have the money he might slap some nice veneer on that exterior and make you a real
show-stopper.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #29
BTcigars
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (1)
BTcigars will become famous soon enough

Very cool! A bead of silicone along the edge of the seal might help keep it air tight.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:00 PM   #30
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
That's probably the best idea, he is skilled enough to custom fit it and make it look like you
meant to do it. You want the best work you can get on that interior. If I recall, those cases
seal neatly but not necessarily airtight. Best idea I heard yet. Ed can do great things with wood.
If you have the money he might slap some nice veneer on that exterior and make you a real
show-stopper.
i want the exterior left alone. nothing to worry about beating on, thats the point of these cases.

Golfnut has picked up the project and breathing new life into this. Im most excited. It gets shipped out tomorrow to get pimped out

If im really really really really lucky itll be back in time for The shack.

Last edited by Devanmc; 07-24-2011 at 05:13 PM.
Devanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:07 AM   #31
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

that was one hell of a shipping bill. $49 usps priority. that hurt...

golfnut the tracking is 03103490000178459642
Old 07-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #32
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I am guessing first class would have been half that, but would have taken a week and would have no tracking.
I also would like to see this at the shack, but tick tock on that one.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #33
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

yeah im really praying it comes threw on that. but idk time is short and esp with having to season this(cedar lining and shelves). that seems unlikely. If i do have it back by then i will bring it just to show you.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:13 AM   #34
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

just ordered 8oz of HCM beads(over kill but recommended) and a hydrometer. Both being shipped directly to golfnut for this project.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #35
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

The HCM beads I ordered a while back have been

Sounds like this case is gonna be awesome devan!! Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #36
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

yeah i have about 12oz of HCM in my cooler from my last humi, then another 2lbs of heartfelt. I like the HCM better.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #37
Drez
The Warden

Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
yeah i have about 12oz of HCM in my cooler from my last humi, then another 2lbs of heartfelt. I like the HCM better.
I keep HCM in the non thermo vino and they keep it right at 63 where I want it. The edgestar has the HF and I have also had zero problems there.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:22 AM   #38
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
I keep HCM in the non thermo vino and they keep it right at 63 where I want it. The edgestar has the HF and I have also had zero problems there.
same here. HCM just seem to respond faster but are harder to maintain. the heartfelt seem slower but are easier to maintain. oh well.

But i choose HCM for the traveler because with it likely opening and closing often. id like the beads to respond quickly.

it sounded good at the time.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:28 AM   #39
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
same here. HCM just seem to respond faster but are harder to maintain. the heartfelt seem slower but are easier to maintain. oh well.

But i choose HCM for the traveler because with it likely opening and closing often. id like the beads to respond quickly.

it sounded good at the time.

I agree. I rarely open the second vino that the HCM are in so it maintains perfect and I haven't had to recharge them in a few months.

The HF either because I have a "drip" system set up in the edgestar that catches the condensation in a small bowl and the HF can just absorb what they need out ofthe air.

Old 07-26-2011, 07:34 AM   #40
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)

I just have a 150qt cooler with the the 12oz of HCM and 2lbs of HF. maintains great and even with a 120mm computer can circulating things.

for giggles here is the case before it went out. with a very partial hint to my end of the trade