Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
badbriar

Default Casa Magna Oscuro

This is a surprisingly well constructed cigar. Almost black in color, the pre-light aroma is unique. You've read about sticks that have the aroma of manure...well, this is the one! Nice, fresh essence of barnyard cow paddys. Always heard that the worse a cigar smells, the better the taste...we shall see. OK, cut 'er up and toasted with little issues. Draw and burn proved to be great throughout the smoke, with only one re- light, which was my fault. Taste started very bold, but super smooth with no harshness at all. Taste changed only to become milder as time progressed. No dramatic changes otherwise. This is not nearly as exciting a cigar as the Colorado Casa Magna. Not bad - just not exciting. With over a year of aging, the best thing this stick showed was absolute smoothness with no harshness at all. On the down side, favors were muted. I'd pick the Colorado every time.
RR
Old 06-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #2
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Casa Magna Oscuro

Nice review. It matches up with my experiences with the Oscuro vs. Colorado.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Agreed. Colorado Is Much Better.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #4
Dunkel
Maduro & Oscuro Whore-O

First Name: Doug
Trading: (75)
Dunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really niceDunkel is just really nice

Even though I loves me some Oscuros and Maduros, the Oscuro version is nowhere near as good as the Colorado version.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with the rest of you. While I enjoyed the Oscuro, it was nowhere near as good as the Colorado.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #6
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

Okay, I like the Casa Magna Oscuro. Actually one of a handful NCs I do like enough to keep around.

But I've never tried the Colorado. So, how's the Colorado better? What's the flavor profile on the Colorado like?
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote