Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 05-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #21
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Gorillafinger takes out several of the VA pe

that thing should be outlawed as an act of biochemical warfare
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #22
HK3-
Cashmere Jungle Lord

First Name: Boffa
Trading: (48)
Partagas
HK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of lightHK3- is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
that thing should be outlawed as an act of biochemical warfare
That bad huh? What smell would you compare it to? Burning flesh?
HK3- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 AM   #23
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Kmart perfume for teenagers...3 gallons on sale for $ 1.99!!!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:50 AM   #24
akakirby
Feeling at Home

First Name: Daniel
Trading: (20)
akakirby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Kmart perfume for teenagers...3 gallons on sale for $ 1.99!!!!
that is a good description of the smell!!!!
akakirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #25
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

First Name: Tanith
Trading: (26)
HdM
TanithT will become famous soon enoughTanithT will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
That bad huh? What smell would you compare it to? Burning flesh?
Here is a good description. The predominant notes in this cigar are a combination of cheap perfume, your grandmother's arthritis cream and a chemical toilet, with the subtle and delicate undertones of used cat litter, hair spray and vintage 1980's car freshener.

Mmmm, tasty.
TanithT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:30 AM   #26
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget that it comes with it's own urinal cake to keep it "fresh".
Old 05-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #27
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

HdM

Dip an open box of Cremosas in an unflushed chemical toilet, dump a liter of cheap perfume and Vicks VapoRub in the box, then let it age in your cat's litter box with a couple of wet urinal cakes to keep it company. That should give you a pretty good idea. Don't forget to only use distilled urine though.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #28
loki
H.A.T.E

Trading: (7)
Partagas
loki will become famous soon enoughloki will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanithT View Post
Dip an open box of Cremosas in an unflushed chemical toilet, dump a liter of cheap perfume and Vicks VapoRub in the box, then let it age in your cat's litter box with a couple of wet urinal cakes to keep it company. That should give you a pretty good idea. Don't forget to only use distilled urine though.
clearly, you don't want mold
loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #29
Savvy
Bull Goose Loony

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (11)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Savvy will become famous soon enough

Haha I'm glad other people are getting taken out by these. I thought Tony and I would have been the last at the Amsterdam herf. Glad to see more pain dealt out by the Tulip Twins on their trip to the States.
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:51 PM   #30
Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK3- View Post
Wonder where that gorilla put his finger before you smoked it?

Thanks for taking one for the team!

I gotta try one of these now along with the other nasty smokes floating around.
I'll pay $1:50 to see you snorkle it.... That will be fun to watch.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #31
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

Gents, Video review posted here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYOZZjDwmik

"It had a nice floral flavor in the beginning, but that, was like, muted by an enormous amount of crap."

Old 05-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #32
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Jerry...great video!! Emphasis on CRAP!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:16 PM   #33
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

I liked the Spanish cigar rant

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:31 PM   #34
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

HdM

"It's kind of like roses....but with TURDS."

Spanish cigar rant FTW.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:42 PM   #35
spectrrr
Back in the midwest!

First Name: Frank
Trading: (20)
LGC
spectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to allspectrrr is a name known to all

hmmmmmmm now I'm interested in trying this cigar, hopefully the twins have got one left for a PPP on Saturday

(I smoked a Gurkah on Tuesday, how much worse can this thing be?)
Old 05-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #36
Savvy
Bull Goose Loony

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (11)
Partagas AirForce (Active)
Savvy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
hmmmmmmm now I'm interested in trying this cigar, hopefully the twins have got one left for a PPP on Saturday

(I smoked a Gurkah on Tuesday, how much worse can this thing be?)

MUCH MUCH WORSE!

I've had Gurkha's and while I'm not a fan of the brand, I'd smoke a box of Gurkha's in a day to avoid having to smoke another Gorilla Finger haha. I have never had a cigar make me feel sick like the GF did...
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #37
imthegoal
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Brian
Trading: (4)
LGC Army (Active)
imthegoal will become famous soon enough

Here is a description of this nasty thing.

http://www.voncigars.com/2007/07/gor...ool-smoke.html

As a side note found another interesting looking smoke when surfing the web for info on the gorilla finger

http://www.texascigarbrothers.com/the-*****-cigar.html

Last edited by imthegoal; 05-28-2009 at 08:48 PM.
imthegoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #38
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

I googled Lars a little bit. Kinda reminds me of a guy that would buy up a lot of cigar forums and merge them. Or he's the world's most interesting man, a Legend.

Quote:
[FONT=arial]Tetens is a man of so many talents he has been dubbed a modern day Leonardo Da Vinci by those who appreciate his works. People ranging from top celebrities to politicians and heads of Fortune 500 companies are among his many admirers. From five years old, the crafts and hobbies Lars explored as a child have produced products in a wide range of categories that are at the top of their industries in quality and design. With luxury goods and science and technology, he is known world wide not only for his sumptuous exotic chocolates and truffles and his beautiful clothing and accessory designs, but for bringing back the lost ancient cigar making techniques that date back thousands of years. Lars still amazes us with his stunning artwork and unique furniture pieces, his innovation of skateboards, design of advanced motor controllers for HVAC systems and his hand made automatic watches with hand tooled movements. The world might just not be ready for Lars Tetens, but the real question is, are you?" [/FONT]
[FONT=arial][/FONT]

[FONT=arial]"In 1492, the cigar industry was destroyed. When Columbus came to the islands, he raped and pillaged the indigenous community. Do you think they then would teach (the Europeans) the ancient ways of cigar making? For centuries the ancient ways of making cigars was lost. Until now.
Lars Tetens spent years doing research to rediscover the ancient techniques of manufacturing cigars, Through an ancient secret conditioning process Lars Tetens has brought back the spirit of the cigar. Real cigar connoisseurs worldwide recognize him to be the great champion of the true old world cigar. Now you too can experience what cigar connoisseurs worldwide are embracing as the cigar of the future, brought back from the past. If you have the wherewithal, nothing else but a Lars Tetens will do.
Lars Tetens has always been the leader in the cigar industry, breaking the conventional standards and solidifying the ancient way of making cigars within the world cigar market. Lars’ cigars are made in the true ancient way of cigar making, developed by the original tribes of South America. This process dates back thousands of years, and was almost lost when Columbus brought tobacco to Europe without understanding how to make a real cigar. Lars spent many years studying with these indigenous tribes to learn the true way of cigar making. The particular process that Lars uses gives you an incredible cigar like nothing else on the market; so incredible in fact there have been many companies that have sprung up trying to imitate Lars. These “newbies”, who started a few years ago, think that they can fool you with a cheap imitation, and attempt to copy Lars and make a quick buck on an inferior product. Lars has been making cigars with this process for over 25 years and still is the only manufacturer on the market to produce cigars in the traditional way they were originally made; making Lars’ line of cigars truly a unique and enjoyable experience. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Lars Tetens childhood was what you'd call a little less than ordinary. While his peers were learning their ABC's, Lars began training in martial and internal arts. When he was five, without any formal training, he began painting, building furniture and he stated on the road to becoming a master chef, creating exotic dishes that delighted even master chefs and at 8 was already creating exotic spiced chocolate truffles and chocolates that will blow away most master chocolatiers. By the time he turned seven he was designing and making clothing and skateboards. His cigars brought him worldwide recognition using an ancient cigar making technique that dates back thousand of years. He also began selling his paintings at seventeen and since then he's had a consistent following of those who have the wherewithal to be collectors of his works. His handmade and hand tooled platinum automatic watch movements are just another innovation in another industry that Lars is exploring. Lars has always been a big fan of science and technology so when he and Eddie Lakata, best friends since Lars was twelve, started working on a motor controller over fifteen years ago no one was surprised. Also soon to be released to the public, the most exotic and tasty beef sausage you've ever had, and the most delicious and unique chocolate bars you've ever sank your teeth into. Stay tuned for more innovation coming from Lars Tetens.Please call us at 877-262-7370 if you would like to have your package express shipped."

"Lars has created an innovative line of automatic watches which are both classically and beautifully styled and at the same time modern and chic. Each watch is custom designed for the individual and made to your specifications. You choose from various metals ranging from stainless steel to red, white, or yellow gold, or platinum for the case. Movements can be anything from a standard automatic Swiss movement to an in-house, completely hand tooled automatic platinum movement. Lars specializes in multi-axis tourbillions and is one of the few within a handful of watchmakers to utilize titanium as a metal of choice for his cages. Power reserves will vary depending on the style of watch and features that you choose. Lars' innovative face designs range from classic looks to chic and outspoken designs." [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Please email sk8nsmokeonline@yahoo.com for more information.[/FONT]

Last edited by Col. Kurtz; 05-28-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Col. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #39
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Right from the link...
"Crazy-man Lars Tetens describes his own cigars as "mystical--they cannot be described by words--they must be experienced."

Ain't that the truth!!!! LOL!!!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #40
TanithT
Herfer Grrrrl

HdM

I may actually try this Lars Tetens recipe to see if I can possibly make a bad stick smell any worse, and bring the results to the next herf. *evil grin*