Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
Montano
Bourbon IS a food group

First Name: Nick
Trading: (33)
Cohiba Navy (Served With Honor)
Montano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the roughMontano is a jewel in the rough
Default C.I. Legends Red Label (Perdomo)

Being a thrifty n00b, I picked up a 5er of these from the devil site. They have been resting for a couple months and I liked how they looked this morning when I went to my humi

This is one beautiful looking cigar. The color is perfect and the cigar is firm from foot to cap. I have had a few issues with torpedos coming apart on me, but this one started out fine.

The first 3rd of this one gave me a taste of dark chocolate. The draw was perfect and there was tons of smoke coming from both ends. The nasal exhale really brought the dark chocolate flavor out even more.

The second 3rd had the chocolate flavor give way to a peppery smoke. The oils really started to shine as this cigar progressed. It was a perfect pairing for the cup of coffee I was drinking. The ash was very white next to the dark brown wrapper.

The final 3rd was much the same as the second. The peppery flavor remained till the end. My bad habit of biting my cigars finally had the torpedo starting to unravel towards the end. But it was still much better than the other torpedos I have smoked. I really enjoyed this one, and for the price I thought it was a very good cigar. Smoke time was just under 1 hour.