Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #1361
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Losing Weight with Starscream

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgoings View Post
Another day! Today was 'recovery day' RIIIIGHT mostly Yoga...that crap is hard!

I've been eating better, last night I went to Applebees and tried the guilt free menu, VERY good! And tonight I tried Taco Bells's diet menu..the Tacos were very good the burrito is filled with lettuce and tomato and not enough meat...all you tasted was tomato. Another friend at work is dieting too so we are going around trying the diet menus
Be careful with Taco Bell. Fresco menu is much lower in calories but still loaded with sodium.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #1362
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
Be careful with Taco Bell. Fresco menu is much lower in calories but still loaded with sodium.
And not all that low in fat either.

244.8 this morning for a unofficial weigh-in (normal weigh in days are Thursday mornings)
Old 05-06-2011, 08:14 AM   #1363
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiel49 View Post
Maybe you guys can keep me motivated! I have got to loose weight, and always seem short on time to put in exercise.

Anywho, mine is directly related to hormones (shots). And Candy!
Will do! Welcome aboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Lisa saw this thread up here and asked me to tell you guys about myfooddiary.com.
It's a subscription service, and it does all kinds of stuff I wouldn't understand.
You can log on to it from anywhere, even from your smartphone (no app, but there's a mobile version).
It might be worth a look for you guys that track all these things, and definately for those who want to track their caloric intake, etc.
Another site worth checking out is nutrimirror.com. It's free to use, tracks everything: calories, fat, fiber, carbs, sodium, etc...

Insert quote here.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:18 AM   #1364
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Another site worth checking out is nutrimirror.com. It's free to use, tracks everything: calories, fat, fiber, carbs, sodium, etc...
Thanks for that, Andy.
I told Lisa and she's checking it out already.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #1365
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I meant to do my check-in, but I forget what my weight was this morning. It was under 210, so whatever it was, it was good.

I'm stoked that everyone is doing so well. It's nice to see it all going the right direction.
Kirk, it's a pain in the ass finding stuff you can eat. I deal with that every day. I've dealt with it so long, I just gave up. If I'm hungry, I eat some rice. Good thing is that I can have a candy bar whenever I want, as long as there's no nuts in it.
Yesterday I had two kinds of rice, a BLT, less than half of a burger, and two king size butterfingers, and tons of water and aquafina grape water.
Today I had a cup of coffee. I'm gonna go get a bottle of water and get to work.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:11 AM   #1366
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough

started doing the no/low carb thing again. It worked for me before like 12 years ago and i lost a lot of weight, but gained it all back. I'm approaching the end of the 2nd week and i've lost about 7 lbs so far, but i'm very unhappy because that was mostly in the first week, and now ive been stuck at the same weight for 4 days or so. I don't know if im eating too much salt, or if my body is just fighting the change super hard or what. I'm drinking a lot of water, and don't know wtf to do. I haven't given up tho.......yet ;/
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:43 AM   #1367
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Keep with it Myles. Everyone usually sees that huge drop the first week or so. You're probably right about the body rebelling to the change. It's like, "Whoa, I'm not getting the carbs I used to, so better stock up on what I do get." But stick with it. Your body will adapt and you'll start to see the weight drop again. Just remember, you'll typically only lose 1-2 lbs a week on average. You may even go up. Just don't get discouraged as long as your seeing results over a period of time.

One thing Scott touched on was finding the right foods for you to eat. Unfortunately the word diet has taken on the wrong meaning in todays vernacular. You should look at your diet as a way of life, not just a short term change to achieve a goal. Find something you can stick to for the long haul, be it low carb, vegetarian, low-fat, eliminating processed foods, etc.

What type of exercise are you doing? I had sucess over the last two years and dropped 30lbs by just changing my diet. But in the last two months I added exerecise and dropped another 25lbs. And I feel a whole lot better. Was a great feeling to walk into the store and buy pants two sizes smaller.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #1368
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Keep with it Myles. Everyone usually sees that huge drop the first week or so. You're probably right about the body rebelling to the change. It's like, "Whoa, I'm not getting the carbs I used to, so better stock up on what I do get." But stick with it. Your body will adapt and you'll start to see the weight drop again. Just remember, you'll typically only lose 1-2 lbs a week on average. You may even go up. Just don't get discouraged as long as your seeing results over a period of time.
Bob speaks the truth, Myles. Don't worry about it, just stick with your program and make them habits.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #1369
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Bob is right on the money, Myles.
I did the low-carb thing a couple times. I lost a lot of weight. Put it all right back on when I quit because I went right back to my old Twinkie and pepperoni diet.

I remember reading that there's a period where your body switches over from burning carbs to burning fat for your daily energy. The outfit that made up the low-carb diet even sells pee-strips so you can see when that happens. You're supposed to use these pee-strips on a certain basis to see if you're still burning fat, or if your cheating is catching up to you, or if you're doing something wrong.

Anyways, you have to have a plan for when this is done, otherwise it'll work out just like it did before for ya, and just like it did for me. The beauty is that it really works, and the more meat you eat the skinnier you get (based on how they say your body uses more energy to burn meat than what the meat provides).

Good luck, brother. Learn to love veggies that grow above ground. That's all the low carb stuff (except corn which isn't good for us at all, I guess). Fortunately for me, I love veggies. I just selfdom eat them.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:03 PM   #1370
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Fortunately for me, I love veggies. I just selfdom eat them.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #1371
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by market-stok View Post
thanks

Insert quote here.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #1372
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
He's got an odd link in his sig. I sent the post in for the ToE to take a look. Yeah, it made no sense whatsoever.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:57 PM   #1373
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Lisa thought I didn't like veggies. Turns out that's why we never had them.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:28 PM   #1374
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
bye bye to him.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #1375
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
bye bye to him.
Good work, Boss.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:54 PM   #1376
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
bye bye to him.
Dave is on top of things.

Insert quote here.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:37 PM   #1377
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Keeping with it, I did eat a larger meal last night but I didnt go overboard. Today was probably the hardest workout so far. I started sweating much sooner and was soaked by the end.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #1378
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I bet that feels good, Kirk. Makes you feel like you're really getting the job done.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #1379
kgoings
Cigarologist

First Name: Kirk
Trading: (42)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
kgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the roughkgoings is a jewel in the rough

Yea, I was wondering if that meant my body was changing modes from storing energy to burning it.

I am gonna do a weigh in on Wed. Tomorrow is 'Rest' day!!
Old 05-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #1380
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

You're probably right. At first your body was probably just confused, ya know? "what the heck is this guy doing to me, and what am I supposed to do about it?" lol