Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Health and Fitness

Old 03-28-2012, 04:48 PM   #241
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: P90X Workout

Day 1 down, 89 to go. Whoever thought of the ab ripper routine is just plain evil.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #242
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Day 1 down, 89 to go. Whoever thought of the ab ripper routine is just plain evil.
Way to go, Bob! Stick with it, man! A word of advice I've shared with a few people...there's going to be a day when you don't feel like it, or feel tired, or are trying to talk yourself out of working out... do the workout anyway. You'll feel tons better after the workout and proud that you did it. Few workouts will feel better when you're done. Best of luck, bro!
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:04 AM   #243
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Joel. I'll make every effort to do this program. It might take me longer than 90 days due to my work schedule having me out of town a lot. I am looking to transfer the discs to my IPad so I can take some of them on the road with me.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:47 AM   #244
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Did day three yesterday. Liked it. I'm thinking I need to postpone starting this routine though. I thought my shoulder had healed from a previous strain from working out. I reaggravated it after the chest and back disc. Last nights arm and shoulder workout didn't help either. I'm not using huge weights now so going lighter might not do much for me.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:54 AM   #245
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

I think their needs to be an into section for each one of the workouts demonstrating proper technique etc. I don't know how many people would actually watch it, but it could be helpful instead of the "Hey everybody, we're going to bust our balls on Shoulders and Arms try to keep up while you do max reps of these with heavy weights! Just watch me for the next 4 seconds...and go!"
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 AM   #246
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all

Quote:
Did day three yesterday. Liked it. I'm thinking I need to postpone starting this routine though. I thought my shoulder had healed from a previous strain from working out. I reaggravated it after the chest and back disc. Last nights arm and shoulder workout didn't help either. I'm not using huge weights now so going lighter might not do much for me.
Lighter weights & bands (pull-ups) are definitely the way to go until you can get the movements down, and then even after. I could see big gains in definition & strength from sticking with light/mid-range weights through most of the routines. For example, I still have ligament issues at my elbow/biceps insertion, so the most I can wrestle with on 21s is 15-17#s because of the static move. Nothing wrong with lighter weights in these routines!

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #247
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

I was using mostly 25-35# for the workouts. I'll drop down to 15-20 for the time being until the shoulder heals. I'm also icing it which is helping.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #248
Commander Quan
Feeling at Home

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Commander Quan has a spectacular aura aboutCommander Quan has a spectacular aura about

Plyo was the one that actually did it for me. I've had problems with 2 discs in my lower back before, so I was predisposed to have problems, in addition to being too tough (stupid) to stop when things didn't feel right. That was in week 5 or 6 so it wasn't like I was trying to go all out right away.
Commander Quan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #249
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

I just finished day 14. From all my years of heavy lifting and sports, I will say I feel great. I have 2 herniated discs, 3 screws in one shoulder, and need surgery on the other. I use bands and really light weights. When it comes to anything I shouldn't or can't do, I mimic the motion in a non-hurting way. Remember your doing this to be healthy not get hurt. Good luck!!!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:57 PM   #250
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Thanks for the advice guys. After so many years of being out of shape, now that I'm in much better shape, it's almost become and obsession to get that look that I want. I just need to remember to listen to my body and go at the pace it wants. I'm not 20 anymore.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #251
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
sofaman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys. After so many years of being out of shape, now that I'm in much better shape, it's almost become and obsession to get that look that I want. I just need to remember to listen to my body and go at the pace it wants. I'm not 20 anymore.
I couldent have said it any better we have to listen to our bodies and not overtrain
sofaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #252
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Finished arms and shoulder workout. Nice to see the weight going up from the last workout. I haven't been able to keep up the schedule per the routine. Works made that difficult being on the road a lot. But I'm doing what I can and seeing results.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #253
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Bob they do have an App for the smart phones. It works great for road trips. I am a week away from finishing my 90days. My results have been great. Good luck!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #254
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Deg View Post
Bob they do have an App for the smart phones. It works great for road trips. I am a week away from finishing my 90days. My results have been great. Good luck!!!
Really? Cool. Gonna have to check it out.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #255
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

Bolivar

It's $5 and gives you every move and amount of time. Does not give you guided instruction.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #256
jldude12345
Just in from the Storm

First Name: Jonathan
Trading: (0)
Montecristo
jldude12345 is on a distinguished road

I just started the program this past monday. I am going to do my best to stay with it for the full 90 days.
jldude12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:01 AM   #257
yourchoice
Down the stretch

First Name: Joel
Trading: (36)
Cohiba
yourchoice has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jldude12345 View Post
I just started the program this past monday. I am going to do my best to stay with it for the full 90 days.
Best of luck, brother...Just keep pushing play!
yourchoice is offline   Reply With Quote